Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400210 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #2370 on: February 27, 2013, 04:02:42 pm »

It's on my to-do list. I'm waiting for Udil to notice the Giant dragon. Then we can settle the matter of the Seaspawn...

Surely someone could see Nelkathar from 30 miles away...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:04:44 pm by Vgray »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: February 27, 2013, 04:07:13 pm »

What, does the dragon have a beef with me now? Hey, tell you what - you help me with Spongebob Darkpants and I liberate all seaspawn.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:14:53 pm by Ardas »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: February 27, 2013, 04:08:51 pm »

And thats a nice example of waht to do with your acts, you are gods act accordingly

Stop wasting your acts! One Act for doing the wandeirng jesus thing? Why should anybody believe in some guy wandering around preaching if there are real gods walking the earth shattering countries with hammers...gods creating magnificent things. WIth just wandering about you impress nobody.

Javierpwn, An Eclipse may be nice and good for Sun Worshipping people or people who need the sun for agriculture. But not for dwarfs who can see in the night and live off fish. They don't give a damn if its dark they use their nightvision and fish in the dark.

To all you Younger Gods, that Mighty Act at the beginning is not there for you to be squandered, use it for a mighty entrance to get quickly a base of followers.

Don't waste it on shiny nonsense like Eclipses or Dragons. If you just run around killing people you dont get acts. People won't worship such gods...they fear them yes but why should they worship them, if they can worship the Guy who gives them Tech, Safety and everything else.

Corvus use your acts to spread Technologies, to build Libraries to build great temples and such. THen you can add Orders of Worshippers as Afterthoughts. A God who doesn't show anything in his portfolio than: Im A God worship me... won't get worshippers.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: February 27, 2013, 04:09:57 pm »

Vgray no he can't thats the point i set you 30 Miles upwards...im only waiting for you to wrap up your talk with the Dwarf so that i can update...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: February 27, 2013, 04:10:56 pm »

I can't precisely build libraries if all my worshippers are OLD MEN. Hence the preaching.

Unless old men are badass in this RP and can stand working in the sun every day to build libraries. Also, I need worshippers for acts so I can actually spread tech. I was planning to do that but I don't really have worshippers, hence the preaching.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: February 27, 2013, 04:13:21 pm »

which amounts to nothing...hey you! YOu heard about this new God of Knowledge? no...what can he do? No idea but he wants to be worshipped...meh ill stay with my Giants and Giant Snakes and Spiders from the Heavens and Goddesses of lust.

For Worshippers you need to do something to make them worship. YOu have an act use it to build that library you are a goddamn god not  an old man.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: February 27, 2013, 04:15:04 pm »

Ardas, you already said you were going to outlaw seaspawn slavery, your coastal dwarves just aren't doing it.  Are you seriously going to let them openly defy you like that?  It's insulting both to you for obvious reasons and me because I'm a seaspawn.

Iaman, why exactly do you need to restrict yourself to old followers?  Attract young ambitious people with promises of power.  Better yet attract people who are already in positions of power with further knowledge to achieve their goals.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: February 27, 2013, 04:15:41 pm »

Not enough demand for a library. There's about 20 old guys who worship him, and there's bound to be at least ten in other areas warranting at least a small repository. No point in building a library if people are going to pass it by and worship lust goddesses. Hence the preaching.

Also, I'm not restricting myself, rather, the game decided to bestow me with old men. And. As Ghaz said, I have no power to attract said people, so I'm trying to attract a bit more followers so I can build upon my power base and actually do something knowledge related apart from teaching Az-Sho's children how to farm.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: February 27, 2013, 04:16:19 pm »

If you haven't noticed, I only just gained the obedience of only some of the coastal dwarves. i need ot get over ot that Dragon and tell him whats what.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: February 27, 2013, 04:17:27 pm »

The Eclipse was my mighty entrance... The shades were supposed to be helpers(and kinda assassins, but they don't know that yet)
Not my fault they turned out to be horribly murderous! And my small cult stopped the one thing saving them!

People will eventually want the power to have the strength the Eclipse offers!

Ardas: your weapon can turn out to be catastrophic, I suggest making a less dangerous one

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: February 27, 2013, 04:23:38 pm »

The dragon is there to help free seaspawn.  Your last post made it seem like you might be considering not freeing the seaspawn as apposed to just not getting around to it yet.  Clarifying would probably go a long way to improving relations.

Edit: Iaman as much as I hate the expression "when life gives you lemons," I think it applies here.  Yes you got stuck with old men at first and it's unfortunate but so what?  Go out and personally visit people that you want in your cult.  Go up to some powerful tribal leader and say "HEY YOU!  Join my cult and get infinite knowledge and power!  If you don't, I'll murder your family and instate someone else in your place."

Edit: Vgray that coastal guy totally just disrespected you.  Rip off his arms and see if he's more compliant after that.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:29:55 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: February 27, 2013, 04:31:35 pm »

Why would he threaten people? He's a bloody pacifist. He's not going to use violence, real or threatened unless he can't see another way out. Also, who the bloody hell would want to ally with the weak knowledge god? I need more acts so I can actually make tech crap to sell to humans, so people ally with me. Anyway, SURELY Corvus must have reached SOME people, unless you're telling me that there's no more people who are willing to believe in the knowledge god, which I doubt, considering the belief was enough to force him into existence.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: February 27, 2013, 04:33:37 pm »

Also, who the bloody hell would want to ally with the weak knowledge god?
The weak darkness god...

BOLD YOUR ACTIONS VGRAY!!!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: February 27, 2013, 04:37:22 pm »

Eh well a pacifist god probably wasn't a great idea in a game like this.  Keep in mind though, your a weak god not a weak mortal.  You're less powerful than other gods but significantly stronger than a regular guy.  Intimidating a mortal who doesn't yet worship any gods would be easy.
Sure thing peanut man!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: February 27, 2013, 04:39:39 pm »

Not if he knows he's a pacifist and certainly not right now considering I'm still locked in my turn action.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 379