Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 399837 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #2970 on: March 01, 2013, 10:17:04 pm »

The kid would have otherwise been left unharmed, but someone insisted on bringing him in the fight...
As Mutare's avatar appeared in the cities of Hadria, a terrible sound resounded throughout the skies. A voice, full of anger and hatred, was heard by the avatar - the humans around it all died from the noise.

"You..."

Before the Avatar, Thaenos materialized himself. He was wielding his World Hammer, and his eyes were blazing with fury. He spoke once again, his booming voice as strong as thunder or an earthquake.

"You are the one who took my son! You intruded my lands, and took my son, and lead to his death!"

As he spoke, something similar to a vague of cold went from Thaneos' body and into his weapon, as he was powering it once again with his own energy.

"YOU TOOK MY SON!"

And with those last words, he lifted his Hammer against his head, and the last thing the humans of that city felt before all dying was immense cold, and the world itself trembling.

Thaneos attacks Mutare, with the intention to kill him. Just before the battle, he empowers his Hammer with an Ice act, making it freeze anything too weak to handle its strength, and a Soul act, making it trace and destroy the essences, not just the bodies, of those he kills.
Saywha about my kids not being harmed?
I think it was that you modified your post in direct response to his actions, which could be considered sort of metagamey from some perspectives.
I kinda did that at one point, so I can forgive her since she's probably going to die anyhow.
Although my case was more pointing out that one act just nullified all divine power directed at the Children, not whatever I mistyped it as.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: March 01, 2013, 10:21:52 pm »

Yeah, I modified my post like four times myself last turn so I'm not pointing fingers either.  I was just saying that might have been why he was complaining about so many turn edits.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: March 01, 2013, 10:25:30 pm »

I think it was that you modified your post in direct response to his actions, which could be considered sort of metagamey from some perspectives.
As he did modified his post first in reaction to exactly that action, than guess what? I am doing the same. Especially considering that my action is chronologically later. 

Besides, I changed flavor things in the speech without changing it's meaning  and added quite expected thing about keeping the safe distance.

Had he made that order to Aurik after my post with the new post, I'd reacted to that in the next one. It's simple
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: March 01, 2013, 10:35:57 pm »

Yeah, I modified my post like four times myself last turn so I'm not pointing fingers either.  I was just saying that might have been why he was complaining about so many turn edits.
Wait, was I? I think I was just jokingly reprimanding UR for not notifying us of the edit.
Sig! Onol

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: March 01, 2013, 10:40:34 pm »

No not you, Javier was jokingly (I think) complaining that UR should stop modifying his(her?) turn and just die.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: March 01, 2013, 10:43:22 pm »

No not you, Javier was jokingly (I think) complaining that UR should stop modifying his(her?) turn and just die.
Well, while I'd be grateful if someone managed to kill her, since I'd get the acts, but I'd hate for it to be for as dumb a reason as 'edited post' or 'spent all acts, must be weak - Ardas <.<
Sig! Onol

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: March 01, 2013, 11:57:24 pm »

GWG, I'm ashamed. Wrong thread, man! Tut tut.
Sig! Onol

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: March 01, 2013, 11:58:54 pm »

That wall of text.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: March 02, 2013, 12:03:57 am »

Seriously GWG, yes it was stupid for everyone to trust Udil (I think everyone saw that coming though) but no need to be angry.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: March 02, 2013, 12:06:22 am »

Seriously GWG, yes it was stupid for everyone to trust Udil (I think everyone saw that coming though) but no need to be angry.
It's more the 'got killed because of 1.7 days of Internet being down, so he didn't get to attack or anything' that got him.
I think he just accidentally posted in the IC thread.
Sig! Onol

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: March 02, 2013, 12:06:58 am »

Oh. Isn't that reply a bit...delayed then?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: March 02, 2013, 12:11:53 am »

"Az-Sho! You pathetic worm! Show yourself and submit to my power! You have grown weak and it is time for new breed of gods to take place as rulers of this world! Submit to the Order I bring or perish!"
He's doing it. He's taking down each of his old allies, one by one, either killing them or forcing them to serve him. Udil doesn't want to be the Eternal King of all Dwarves, that's too proletarian for him. He wants to be King of All Cosmos.
Don't say I didn't warn you. I was the first, but clearly not the last.

Taerai however, intervenes. The purpose of this intervention becomes abundantly clear when it strikes however...
Taerai makes a galaxy for the gods to create what they will in it, not paying attention to any specifics about it. Two Mighty acts.
Taerai then teleports to a point within the newly created galaxy, creating himself a sanctuary for him to slumber in without disturbance or interference by any of the other gods, essentially acting as a fortress as much as a home. One mighty acts.
Taerai then makes prison, one mighty enough to contain the most powerful of elder gods, and one that, if they managed to escape from, would not leave them in a position to take revenge for their imprisonment. He does this far away from anywhere a mortal could reach, the prison's only weakness being that only a mortal could open it. This prison is designed to leech the power of it's occupants, to feed the overgod's own power without draining the prisoners into nothingness Three mighty acts
Taerai then teleports Aodun into the prison, for not only acting against the previous overgod, but for the leeching of the spire and thus the overgods limited power reserve, and seals Aodun inside it. One mighty act.
Taerai then makes the Gold Colossi, the guardians of the avatar, and the prison of the gods, that shall teleport to the avatar's location should any god attempt to harm him, and prevent any mortal from approaching the divine prison. One mighty act
About all I can complain about is the specter of intermittent dictatorship and the fact that you started every paragraph exactly the same.

Corvus watched it all. Every single thing.

"This doesn't bode well for the planet dwellers. Perhaps my prescience saved the Crowborn from premature death."
"Perhaps"?

Boots marching in unison! Making the Tunnels tremble
Almost all Dwarves are killed except those in the army following Udil.
Why, where were they?

He decided ot speak to Thaneos.

"Thaneos, Giantfather! Udil calls you forth! Let us speak together, and join forces to punish the travesty commited by Az-Sho!"
Don't do it! You see what he did to every other god who dared to help or ally with him.
Neyravah was slain, Corvus threatened, Az-Sho...well, he is only starting there.

"He honestly thinks that Thaneos will not simply reject him, knowing his insanity?
Glad I'm not alone in this thought.

Oi, the orbit is my turf! Where is this moon, anyway? Closer to the planet than the Ring? Further away? You can't just build up here without my permission, kiddo.
It's one of those things the very late Overgod Mutare made; it's grandfathered in.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Why did you kill the Overgod anyway?
Elder Gods are predators now.
They always were, it's just that no one thought of that.
Although to me they will always be weak, parasitic, cosmic leeches.
Neyravah is offended on both parts!
...Although They may admit you have a little point on the second, since They got all Their acts from the Overgods, but the dwarves didn't want to use euthenasia-sacrifice and Neyravah wouldn't condone killing in cold blood.

smj: yeah it counts as blood sacrifice.

micelus:
1st Continent: Aoduns Spire, A burned Wasteland
2nd Continent: temperate Climate, Shattered(a species of mad time slowing, shapeshifters)
3rd Continent: A vast Black Sand Desert, Shattered a few Shades
4th- 7th Continent: see second continent
Eversummer: Hadrian Empire, Temperate - Cold, Population: 1,5 Million (Njôltun,Fjôrtun,Humans,Karas, Seaspawn Refugees)
9th Continent: Tropic, Coastal Dwarven Kingdoms, Children of Az-Sho, Udil's Empire, Massive FORMER Jungle witha few Shattered
Oceans: Shattered, Squiddle and Seaspawn Refugees, Mountain Turtles, Temperatures about as Cold as the East Sea right now

Other Planetary Bodies:
Spider's Ring: Mirrorborn
Sychasis: Wyrms
Ravenas: Crowborn
Why is almost everywhere an unliveable wasteland? Eversummer's the only exception.

Wow... Xantalos makes the best allies.

Look at that friend killer! Killing his friend, and the guy who has helped him so much!
Helped? He is weak and wasted his energy on fighting Vanida. Useless ally if I may say so. He thought he can buy me with a token sword and good words. Udil respects strength and Az-Sho is not strong. Compare my dwarven empire and his followers.
Those dwarves who Az-Sho helped?
Besides, when have you mentioned this to him?

We knew this would happen... We warned him.
He didnt listen.
No one did. No one who wasn't attacked, that is.

How long until you invade the Spider's Ring?
Who knows? He seems to be betraying and attempting deicide every few turns, tops, though, so if Az-Sho or Thaneos doesn't kill him it won't be too long...

Scratch that, the Spider might eat him.
I'm not going to eat anyone who doesn't deserve it.
Dude, Udil has betrayed Neyravah and now Az-Sho, and has indicated interest in conquering Corvus's lands. Since these are on another world, Udil clearly wants all creation in his grasp. Eat him before he squashes you like a spider.

Besides, I only eat Elder Gods and up.
He's killed an elder god, does that count?

Fits with the time, I suppose.
He's the god of improvement. Art cannot be improved, because art is the highest expression of culture. It is not a crude thing subject to "improvement." Would you "improve" the works of Michaelangelo?
True art cannot be improved, but then again true anything can't be. It's just a lot easier to argue that X is True Art than it is to argue it's True much-of-anything-else.

Doubt it matters while Udil is trying to siege Az-Sho, the Rift is open, gods are dying left and right, and the world has been bloody depopulated by wars and Avarian is freaking DEAD.
Aye.

Also, there's a ton of things that might save Az-Sho...Udil might realize that Az-Sho is still perfectly capable of smiting him out of the sky and back down...for now.
This is Udil we're talking about...he doesn't do stuff like that. That episode in the North would have ended much worse if I was here...

There's no reason for Az-sho to attack Udil, he can easily destroy the underground with some carefully aimed actions, killing of most of Udil's powerbase.
Prophetic.

They can flank Az-Sho. He'll be sieged either way except if he goes the way of Vanida and Corvus and gets off planet.
How? It's kinda hard to flank someone who lives in the mantle of the planet, you know...

Yeeep. Udil looks screwed right now. Az-Sho might die, but his entire powerbase gets screwed to hell and Udil might end up following Aldemas if Az-Sho does kill the entire dwarf race that worships Udil.
Nah, the GM seems to like Udil too much. Especially as he hasn't responded to any of my repeated inquiries as to why the destruction of the drakes hasn't caused ecological holocaust for the dwarves. (Answer: Az-Sho beat them to it.)

The main important thing is that nearly all dwarves live underground, and if I'm correct, have build their 3 fortresses, which also for the main entrances to the underground, In Az-sho's volcano.

There's no reason for Az-sho to attack Udil, he can easily destroy the underground with some carefully aimed actions, killing of most of Udil's powerbase.
Nope. They are all around but not connected to the main volcano, they never were.
You certain. The last thing I heard that they were build into a mountain, and considering all mountains but Az-sho's one walked away...
Ayup. And since that happened, all Mountainhomes are in the volc...wait.
I ACCIDENTALLY HELPED AZ-SHO DESTROY UDIL'S TRAITOROUS DWARVES!

Oh, and potential orbital laser from Corvus.
A laser...of knowledge?
Did you use your power to steal knowledge of the Death Star's plans?

You know, I'm only after Az-Sho - whoever wins the combat gains dwarves. It would be silly of him to flood the tunnels if he already has worshippers aomng them.
Good thing most of his worshipers are Emberguards and stuff, who are immune to fire (and in any case on another continent).

One on One combat is all it takes.
Az-Sho would have to be dumber than Udil to do that.

Great! now I can exact revenge yet again!
Revenge? Revenge for what? Him responding to your threat? That's like someone being shot when trying to rob a soldier and saying, "Now I can shoot him in self-defense!"

This time I can agree with GWG in that revenge for this is in justified considering Udil saw what happened as a result of Vanida killing a few followers - I burned down their main city and sacrificed the priestess to me. Attacking me after we were allied for centuries? I'll kill your entire species.
A little bit of collateral damage, but I understand.
And it's about time...

You STILL don't know where Az-Sho is. And you'll STILL be weakened next turn by the sudden death of all your worshippers.
AND you declared war on Az-Sho, and any god you've interacted with apart from Aodun pretty much hates you enough to attack just for that. You're in a bit of a mess.
In summary, gods are now queing up to kill Udil.have fun  ;D
My only regret is not being there to help.

Still, this IS Udil. We need to make sure he stays dead, lest he kills all the gods in revenge. I doubt that would be far off.
I've got a plan for that...

Did we ever predict Taurig dying?

And why isn't Wyrm playing as Nelkathar?
Because I was never informed I could?

Nah. Nelkathar will live.
He'll probably live longer than even Corvus, Az-Sho or Vanida. Apart from Sabt Golgo and Thaneos, who are too far away/too powerful for the main action, they're the only survivors of the first batch of gods now, unless Udil gets lucky.
Udil wasn't in the "first batch" of gods; he was, however, "made" by one of them (yours truly).

Udil lives! and I am still invisible! Az-Sho you sonuvagun, you are going down!
Don't get cocky. You've got darn near everything against you; only luck and/or GM love can save you now. And even if you kill the father, the daughter will want revenge...

I just had the most amazing mental image of Sychasis chasing your moon around the solar system while Yakety Sax plays in the background.
That sounds hilarious.

This is the first time Udil and Thaneos will fight together. It will be grand. The Avatar of Wrath and the Ancient of Might. It will be grand indeed.
Until Udil decides you've become worthless by not helping him for a few turns and backstabs you.
Heck, he didn't even wait for Neyravah to stop helping him before killing Them!

Probably going to kill said kid, unless he takes mercy, in which case I'll probably pick it up and bring it to the Corvid Moon to protect it.
Go ahead, do that. Az-Sho would probably approve.

The kid would have otherwise been left unharmed, but someone insisted on bringing him in the fight...
...Xantalos clearly stated he wanted his kid to be away from the fighting...

He was a complete and utter idiot whose death paved the way (Along with Avarian's) for a competant Overgod to step up to the plate.
Each Overgod has been a bit better than the last.
Mutare was a moron.
Avarian tried to make a better place, even if he was too much of a "rope of sand" governor to succeed.
The new guy? Rope of benevolent iron.

And Udil started it all.
Goddamn it, Udil.
Story of this game since Udil made himself known to his Creator(s) again...

I know why everything went wrong.
Udil is an !!ADVENTURER!!
Also, Thaneos'll be too busy fighting me, and you'll be fighting 100000+ angry Children, plus Aurik once he finishes killing Vanida.
Haha, nope. Me and Thaneos will be directly facing you. I'm fighting alongside him.
Right after you make that magma submersible?

It might not be too late for you to continue playing as your dragon ascendant... you might still be able to try and save them.
Hint: you should try to kill the dwarf who hates your kind and tried to kill me for no reason.
Aye. Actually, everyone should, but that's a different thing.

Really, you didn't? What about the dragon attacking a dwarf hold and promptly being driven off?
Udil's an idiot. He's Urist2, at least.

It's more the 'got killed because of 1.7 days of Internet being down, so he didn't get to attack or anything' that got him.
I think he just accidentally posted in the IC thread.
Aye to both.

Oh, and the gizoogling amused me. However:

HEY GHAZ, CAN I BE THE GIANT ROCKY DRAGON I'VE BEEN ASKING TO PLAY FOR A WHILE NOW WHO NO ONE IS PLAYING?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: March 02, 2013, 12:24:34 am »

Much better. You may continue your rant in an orderly fashion.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: March 02, 2013, 03:03:00 am »

@GWG And Corvus had nothing to do with Udil. Literally, Corvus and Udil never even spoke to each other, and the only relation Corvus had to him was being helped by the same god.

He's going after every god he can't simply ally with and those he CAN ally with, he backstabs (Neyravah, Az-Sho) , so I predict Thaneos smiting him or the Corvid Moon destroyed after he tries to use it as a meteor against Sabt Golgo.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 379