Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400176 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #3660 on: March 05, 2013, 02:09:16 pm »

He's supposed to be intelligent enough to have conquered and keep an empire spanning a continent.

WHY ISN'T HE THAT.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: March 05, 2013, 02:11:33 pm »

Because it was his turn to hold The Ball, of course.

Or maybe this would be a better link.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:13:55 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: March 05, 2013, 02:24:57 pm »

Oh, and here's the basis of Aodun's logic: 'The world is screwed up. Therefore the gods are fighting, which is bad. Let me go, and I'll fight the gods, which is good.'
From what I remember.
What did you expect of a conversation between the God of Wrath and the then God of Chaos?
Udil being smart enough to negotiate.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aww, you are making me blush now. I never had so many people talk about me. Let along have a long list of titles bestowed upon me.
You didn't pay much attention to them, did you?
I just thought of a new few!

Aww, you are making me blush now. I never had so many people talk about me. Let along have a long list of titles bestowed upon me.
I regard Udil as rather dumb now, though. Releasing an immensely powerful being from it's prison without even negotiating for favors or anything?!
Releasing an immensely powerful being from the prison another immensely powerful being told you to guard?

He's supposed to be intelligent enough to have conquered and keep an empire spanning a continent.
WHY ISN'T HE THAT.
Because he's not smart, he's just powerful, lucky, and beloved by the gods.
By which I mean the god above the Overgod.

Let's see...first, Neyravah gives him a hundred dwarves. Then he kills a giant and destroys Neyravah's artifact. Then he kills Neyravah, becoming a demigod. Then he unites all the dwarves inland and conquers the coast, with help from such things as Emeraldhome industry and (I think) Az-Sho's support. Then he attacks Az-Sho and loses everything. At various points, he gets the support of assorted divine beings for reasons which are usually a mystery to me.
He's either had help or been stupid all through his life.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: March 05, 2013, 02:31:18 pm »

I regard Udil as rather dumb now, though. Releasing an immensely powerful being from it's prison without even negotiating for favors or anything?!

What point is there in negotiating without assurances, of which I could provide none, and, truth be told, he seems better off for freeing said immensely powerful being than the others are for not releasing it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: March 05, 2013, 02:37:36 pm »

What point is there in negotiating without assurances, of which I could provide none, and, truth be told, he seems better off for freeing said immensely powerful being than the others are for not releasing it.
1. Then...don't release it?
2. Unless Udil just wants to destroy everything, there's no point in releasing you without any promise or even suggestion of aid you'd give him--especially since everyone else would be angry at Udil.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: March 05, 2013, 02:39:23 pm »

2. Unless Udil just wants to destroy everything, there's no point in releasing you without any promise or even suggestion of aid you'd give him--especially since everyone else would be angry at Udil.
i thought this was rather self evident.....
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: March 05, 2013, 02:39:56 pm »

That ignores the premise of which they were already angry at Udil.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:46:39 pm by Azthor »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: March 05, 2013, 02:40:27 pm »

Well GWG that sounds a lot like jealousy, eh?

I wouldn't be throwing with stones seeing as you achieved not half of what he achieved with a dozen times the power that he had.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: March 05, 2013, 02:49:44 pm »

No offense, but what he's "achieved" basically boils down to "HURR DURR BLOOD FOR THE ME GOD."

Nothing against that kind of character, but there it is.

Anyway, wonder where this will be headed next.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: March 05, 2013, 02:52:19 pm »

I think our current Overgod has some needlessly complicated evil plot. That involves using Udil and the God of Chaos to cleanse the original planet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: March 05, 2013, 02:53:16 pm »

Corvus, you are aware that you are under atttack by Aodun? I will give you guys some time to hatch a defense...

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: March 05, 2013, 02:56:14 pm »

Corvus, you are aware that you are under atttack by Aodun? I will give you guys some time to hatch a defense...
... Um... Ao is a god.

Corvus is on his moon.

His moon that can't be reached by any god but him without his express permission.

So yeah, that's happening now.

I think our current Overgod has some needlessly complicated evil plot. That involves using Udil and the God of Chaos to cleanse the original planet.
Or he's staggeringly incompetent. Which one is yet to be seen.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: March 05, 2013, 02:57:36 pm »

I want the update, because I am out of ideas for Vanida's actions for now ( Well, I suspect that she will be killed by Udil at first opportunity. Or raped. Or both. Or eaten by Aodun. But still)

It was my mistake making a peaceful schemer for the world of maaaaadnes
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: March 05, 2013, 02:58:36 pm »

update is coming as soon as Azthor thinks he has slaughtered enough divine beings.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: March 05, 2013, 02:59:20 pm »

I want the update, because I am out of ideas for Vanida's actions for now ( Well, I suspect that she will be killed by Udil at first opportunity. Or raped. Or both. Or eaten by Aodun. But still)

It was my mistake making a peaceful schemer for the world of maaaaadnes

You're always welcome on the Ring, Vanida...

...to breed me a thousand armies.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 379