Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 83904 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #180 on: February 18, 2013, 02:19:20 pm »

Gods had fallen, and the world lay in such disorder that even mortals felt it. And Feros, formed in the heart of combat, felt it, and was drawn to it. He revelled in it, taunting the weaklings that hid behind their walls, cowering from those stronger than themselves....... but he needed them. He was weak, and without them he could not grow strong. That would have to change.

At first Feros was drawn to a race older than he, but he sensed the god of Life in them - his father. These creatures, powerful and cunning, yet forsaken by the gods and enslaved by mortals, were called the Soultaken.
He whispered to them, and told them of their beauty, their power. And he spoke to their elders:
'You, who they would call slaves. You who they would treat as beasts of burden. Hear me. You are no less than those who belittle you. In fact, you are so much more. You are stronger, faster, more powerful than any other mortal in this world, and yet they have the impudence to call you their lessers. I would have you free. And if you do not believe me, then I will send you a message otherwise.....'

Taking inspiration from the form of Neyraravah, whom he considered his father, Feros took from deep within the earth a block of stone, as large as any mountain tortoise, and sculpted from it the form of a dragon. Breathing life into it's form, he spoke to it:
'My child, I would have you hear me. I am Feros, and I have given you life. Do with it as you will, and let no being fetter you. But I would ask of you one thing in return for you life. there are a people known as the Soultaken...... Free them. You may do this however you see fit, and then you are entirely your own.....

The Soultaken dealt with for now, Feros turned elsewhere. His gaze was soon drawn to those they called Seaspawn, whose freedom had also been stolen from them. he spoke to them in their sleep, saying:
You defend these villages do you not? And yet these weaklings mistreat you....... You are stronger than they, and they are in no position to attest otherwise. i am still weak, but your plight has raised me...... Worship me, and I will grow stronger, and no race shall suffer your fate again. I bid you rise.....

Tired now, Feros spoke once more, this time more openly. He whispered into the dreams of those who longed for the things that society would not provide for them, blood, moonlight, the struggle to survive unchained, and he showed himself to them, to decide how to act of their own will.

Mighty act: Feros creates the first true dragon, stronger than any creature walking the world. He bids it free the Soultaken however it sees fit.
 Free? : Feros reveals himself to the Seaspawn, and asks them to revolt.
 Free? : Feros reveals himself to the 'madmen and lunatics'

EDIT: Made a bit more readable
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:23:53 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 18, 2013, 03:17:19 pm »

Aldemas once again felt the reverberation of power through the universe as more of the Elders have fought. Although this time no power surged through him, he had felt the essence of another God being formed: This one of the Wilds. As this god crept into his territory, he decided the best course o action would be to open conversation.
"You! Newly born! Why have you come into my lands to mess with my plans? The SeaSpawn have harmed my creations for long enough! Although I agree that the Coast Dwarves mut be punished for their betrayal of me. I have claim in this tiny strip of land.
---
  Aldemas decided that the SeaSpawn were not worthy as to harm his creations; and so Aldemas decided to grant his creations protection from the SeaSpawn's Divine strength. He granted them the knowledge to manipulate and temper the vey Darkness of the night, using light to forge their very weapons and armor, which would offer basic protection against those of Divine Blood and shred through flesh and blood.
He instructs the Shade to use their newly made craft to raid the homes of the Coastal Dwarves, to take their women, and kill their slaves.
---
  After the raids, Aldemas takes the Women of the Coast, and impregnantesnthem with his Dark essence; as to create and foster Children of Darkness: Dwarves infused with the essence of Aldemas, and stronger than Normal Dwarves. And able to communicate with the Shades.

[REDACTED] See later on for details
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:45:19 am by javierpwn »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 18, 2013, 03:20:45 pm »

"You! Newly born! Why have you come into my lands to mess with my plans? The SeaSpawn have harmed my creations for long enough! Although I agree that the Coast Dwarves mut be punished for their betrayal of me. I have claim in this tiny strip of land.
'I have no quarrel with you, only with those who would take freedom from another. Unless, of course, you would do as such?'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 18, 2013, 03:26:53 pm »

"I do not wish for the SeaSpawn to remain in my lands much longer, as they may harm my Shades if they stay too long; and so I have decided to "release" them back into the seas.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 18, 2013, 03:29:12 pm »

'I have no argument with this, but I will neither help nor hinder the Seaspawn as to how they wish to ask. I will not take that freedom from them.'

Sigtext

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2013, 03:37:31 pm »

Az-Sho contemplated his new position. The hated woman of the red lands had run like a coward, and even now cowered on the Spider's moon, enslaving their children.
Their.
The word was disgusting to think about, but that was the truth of it: the mixing of their energies had birthed serpents of fire and fertility. Serpents who Vanida, strangely enough, was enslaving, something she personally thought of as hideous.
Such was the depth of her hypocrisy, to deny freedom to some simply because they were the spawn of her most hated energy. While Az-Sho would've been glad to welcome them into his fold, he could do naught for now; he must concentrate on other matters.
Firstly, his Children must have a strong voice. While he was forbidden from directly intervening in their affairs, he could ensure that his voice was always heard through the most loyal of his sons, Aurik. But he needed to inspire them, to remind them that the Serpentborn did not run before the storm of lust; instead, their fire would burn the corruption away! They needed a leader. And Az-Sho would give them one.
Act: Az-Sho fills Aurik with the power of an Act, granting him more intense fires, eternal life if he didn't have that already, and generally making him a mighty being. He then commands Aurik to unite and inspire the Children for a second crusade against Vanida, which would be victorious. This time it will be a military campaign against the Sisters only; the Wanderers were to be left in peace.

His sons and daughters would need protection from what they would face, however. He had neglected to shield his children the last time. He would not do so again.
Earth Act: Az-Sho shields his children from divine attacks with the power of the earth, ensuring that any divine power worked by a god would be harmlessly grounded by the earth as a lightning bolt would. This includes Vanida's attempts to remove pleasure from the Children.

Finally, Az-Sho considered the two new gods that had entered the plain. Firstly, the god of the Wild would have to be dealt with; his children had had enough giant creatures attacking them.
As a matter of fact, he had an idea.
An awful idea.
Az-Sho had a wonderful, awful idea!
Az-Sho bids the Children to gather up the Dragonborn and Shepard them through the tunnels toward Vanida's cities before the dragon attacks. The Children will present the Dragonborn to the Sisters, ostensibly as a surrender tribute, but in reality dragonbait.

Though now that he thought about it, that would not be just. He had taken the Dragonborn in as his sons and daughters; he would not sacrifice them for the sake of the rest.

Instead, Az-Sho faces the dragon when it arrives and point out that the Dragonborn are here of their own volition and will not be taken if they do not wish to be.
Finally, he turned to the Phoinex.
Bursting up from the earth before the collossal bird, Az-Sho was cloaked in a mantle of fire the equal of the radiance shining off the Phoinex's feathers. He was, however, looking with closed eyes.
Aodun. I would speak with you.

Additionally, Az-Sho bans all worship of Vanida through Aurik on the grounds that Vanida opposes the Serpentfather.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:15:54 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2013, 04:06:51 pm »

Udil's journey to his homeland was long, but he returned, as if from the dead. Dissapearing one night from his bed ot complete shock to Danea, here he was, in front of the bronze gates of his Capital: helathy, beautiful and strong. Truly the dwarves knew that their grand king and father ascended beyond mortal life and would reign among them for centuries to come.

And indeed those were the golden days for dwarfkind. Udil decided that the Ninth Continent would finally bear witnes to dwarven might. taking the cream of dwarven youth and warriors, he used his now godly powers ot create the Stone Guard - elite dwarven warriors, that would be the vanguard of the grand Drake Hunt that will destroy those pathetic remants of Neyravah power. It would not be long before last vestiges of that god's existence would perish and dissapear from this world.
Udil also saw his kin living on the seashore and knew they could not stay separated for long. He would not bear it. The secrets of seafaring, although alien to mountain dwarves, would undoubtedly aid them greatly and provide his race with ability to expand worldwide. And he would stand at the forefront of it all.

Last but not least, Udil decided that dwarves would hold no god god before them other than their own. He would not accept blasphemy of bowing to creatures that did not earn dwarven respect. Only the one who uplifted his race was worthy of their worship. Now as Dwarven God King, Udil shall rule over all dwarves forever after. He also created a symbol of a new faith, moulding a glorious statue representing his victory and placing it in the capital to become the new focal point of Udil worship.

Udil Returns home.
1 Life Act - create Life Stone: a powerful artifact in a form of a statue of a hand crushing a drake. It has powerful healing properties and grants immense strength, agility and longevity when accessed through special ritual.
Order: Cult of Udil is decreed as the offical faith of all dwarves in the world. Life Stone represents the power of Udil to grant life to inanimate matter and is a symbol of his care that he stretches over his people.
Order: Udil creates Stone Guard - an elite of dwarven warriors that are boosted in their physical powers by accesing the Life Stone ritual. They are sworn armsmen of the Cult of Udil and cannot become them if they do not access Life Stone (basically dwarven paladins/beserkers that serve Udil).
Order: Dwarves are to regularly send out 7-man caravans to create new mountain homesto expand the empire. Strike the earth!
Udil heads for the shores with his Stone Guard and dwarven armies to reunite sea dwarves with the rest of his people.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:09:56 pm by Ardas »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2013, 04:27:49 pm »

The Underhomes

And So Udil Godslayer, God King of the Emberdwarves raised the first army of dwarves and he proclaimed the first holy crusade of Dwarvenkind. Of the sixty thousand dwarves almost ten thousand joined the army.

The best among them the Stone Guard, Udils Personal Guard. 500 strong they would lead the Holy Drake Hunt. The Children of Az-Sho were entirely suprised as one day suddenly ordered ranks of Dwarves started to spew from the Tunnels that led to the Underhomes. Armed in Steel, flying the Banner of Smoulderhome: A white hand crushing a drake on green background. Meeting them Aurik the Chosen. Behind him five thousand of Az-Shos Children and the thousand existing Dragonborn. It is a tense moment as both armies stand  facing each other at the entrance to the tunnel. Then Aurik bows graciously and Orders his army to move to the side.

Lord Udil, always a pleasure. welcome to Snakepeak.

The populace of Snakepeak welcomes the Dwarven Army happily, supplying them as well as the Dwarves supplied the First Crusade Army they even sent five hundred Ashborn Hunters to lead them through the jungles.

Meanwhile the Second Crusade is welcomed in Smoulderhome, supplied for the long journey through the Tunnels, to Easthome and finally to Eversummer.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2013, 04:53:34 pm »

Blackness, the words of it's father. And then, light, warmth. The great Dragon opens it's eyes and let's out a mighty roar that says "Fear me! For I am the first of the Dragons". The Dragon looks at the form of it's father.

"It shall be so creator. I owe you that much."

The great dragon spreads it's wings and takes off circling the ninth continent and orienting itself.

(Green. Because my father is the god of the wilds or something.)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:25:20 pm by Vgray »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 18, 2013, 04:57:06 pm »

Vanida laughed. She had her own eyes among the children of Az-Sho. The ones who are either afraid of her or to lustful to ignore her power. And she liked what she have discovered... The snake decided that lust is a bad thing to have. moving lust in the ground, isn't that fun? The snake wants no lust, no passion among his slaves? She will aid him in that

From far away, channeling her power through her few followers Vanida empowered Az-Sho's act, making it not only extracting lust, passions and desire that Vanida could use in her attack, but making his people to lose all lust in their souls forever. Making them unable to enjoy women, food, heat of battle or anything else. Even if Az-sho would lift the protection, passion wouldn't return back from the ground to their poor souls

She left the only one way to get pleasure, getting it from her, by praying, by asking for it in rituals praising her name... But as soon as they stopped to pray to her, all the pleasure moved into the ground, like Az-Sho decided

1 act: Empower Az-Sho's earth act making it remove all lust and passion from the children of the snake, turning all males into impotents, calming down their emotions and making them unable to feel a tiniest bit of pleasure without a divine aid
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:00:47 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 18, 2013, 05:15:02 pm »

Traurig the seaspawn awoke in the dark and felt around his surroundings.  He was in a cave and so he slowly worked his way out into an area with enough light to see.  Once outside he observed that he was on a ledge off a coastal shelf and that nearby was an underwater city of squiddles.  Not thinking of anything better to do, Traurig decided to move towards it, all the while thinking that today would be his new beginning.

Go to the squiddles and find their leader.  Use a minor act dominate the mind of the squiddle who is in charge along with some of the toughest soldiers around.  Have some of them go out into the world preaching the awakening of the new lord.  If anyone questions my authority, have them tied up and fed to sharks.  Also have the squiddles trap and tame sharks if there aren't already any tame sharks.

Talk to them diplomatically about how I am an ascendant and that if they make me their leader, I shall bring about a new squiddle age of enlightenment.  If necessary use a minor act to prove my power by lifting something really heavy.

Traurig waits for the shades to arrive.  In the meantime he uses his minor act to shape golems from the nearby rock and breathe false life into them.  They will not be intelligent or capable of breeding but they should be good (if unintelligent) soldiers.  Once the shades arrive, Traurig cuts them in a manner that results in them multiplying instead of being harmed.  He is also quite about the process, so as to not draw too much attention to himself.

Traurig waits for the shades to arrive and then until cover of darkness at which point he sneaks to the nearest location that would hold large numbers of seaspawn slaves.  He has his shades kill any armed guards nearby while he breaks the slaves free, telling them that they are free to go but that he would appreciate their help by joining his new movement for seaspawn freedom and equality.

Edit:  Traurig sends out prayers to any gods that will hear him, asking for assistance in this time of need.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:22:19 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 18, 2013, 05:39:20 pm »

Aldemas years a plea much stronger than those of the other cries for help, as this had true power
"Who is this with the strength of a God flowing in their veins? This is Aldemas, God of Darkness! What is it you plead?"

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 18, 2013, 05:52:39 pm »

"My name is Traurig and I have seen much cruelty and inequality in the world.  It is my hope to rise to the task of improving the lives of all the world's inhabitants but the first step I must take is to unite and strengthen my own people.  If I were to gain the assistance of a higher power, perhaps these goals of mine could be realized and I could offer some service in return?"
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 06:06:46 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 18, 2013, 05:56:50 pm »

The blind Udil stood in front of Aurik, but his spirit-vision made him more than aware of the situation. He stood the for a while with harsh look on his face, but then smiled.
"Thank you for your welcome. Your help is appreciated."

Udil did not Wait with his grand march towards the coast, taking the hunters' paths through the jungles and spending weeks on hunting drakes, rounding them up and slaughtering them to the last. He was at the forefront of the heaviest fighting, wielding his trusty Fang against the beasts he so much despised.

But his goals were clear: drakes were his eternal enemies and dwarves finally had the chance ot tkae revenge. But it did not stop there. It was time for the coast of the Ninth continet to be recovered and last of the dwarves joined with their kin.

The gruelling campaign weeks stretched, but after a time, they finally reached the splendind coast. Many of his people were unaccustomed to the sight, but Udil's travels made him familiar with such sights. The spirit-vision did not fail him either, as he sensed a dark deity swirling above this land, controlling and ruling over the life of this place. and his coastal brethren.

With his mighty voice and power, Udil raised his hand in the air and cried out into the sky: "I call out to you, God of Darkness! I summon you to me! Reveal yourself and let us speak, before I liberate my people from your grasp!"

On his way to the coast, Udil's crusade conducts a massive culling of drakes, in hopes of making them extinct.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2013, 06:04:00 pm »

"My name is Jim and I have seen much cruelty and inequality in the world.  It is my hope to rise to the task of improving the lives of all the world's inhabitants but the first step I must take is to unite and strengthen my own people.  If I were to gain the assistance of a higher power, perhaps these goals of mine could be realized and I could offer some service in return?"
Aldemas pondered this plea from the Seaspawn, the few with the strength to harm his Shades.
" Very well... If it is freedom your people wish, then I shall aid you, because of the determination in your soul. You shall receive a dozen of my Living Shades to aid you, and a raid is on its' way to rescue your people from their oppression. I give you one warning, only a few can actually harm a Shade, including the rest of the SeaSpawn, and yourself; any other mortal will only cause them to multiply."
Aldemas answers the plea of the Slave, and sends a dozen Living Shade to aid him in a preliminary weakening of the Coast
(Ninja'd will write another post)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61