Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 83898 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #210 on: February 18, 2013, 07:44:12 pm »

They are not enslaved.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 18, 2013, 07:54:15 pm »

"Clearly my Father Feros disagrees with you."

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 18, 2013, 07:55:25 pm »

Aldemas once again felt the reverberation of power through the universe as more of the Elders have fought. Although this time no power surged through him, he had felt the essence of another God being formed: This one of the Wilds. As this god crept into his territory, he decided the best course o action would be to open conversation.
"You! Newly born! Why have you come into my lands to mess with my plans? The SeaSpawn have harmed my creations for long enough! Although I agree that the Coast Dwarves mut be punished for their betrayal of me. I have claim in this tiny strip of land.
---
  Aldemas decided that the SeaSpawn were not worthy as to harm his creations; and so Aldemas decided to grant his creations protection from the SeaSpawn's Divine strength. He granted them the knowledge to manipulate and temper the very Darkness of the night, using light to forge their very weapons and armor, which would offer basic protection against those of Divine Blood and shred through flesh and blood.
He instructs the Shade to use their newly made craft to raid the town, and free all the SeaSpawn from their enslavers.

---

Aldemas strikes up conversation with the God of Wilds
Grants the knowledge of tempering the Darkness of the Night/Eclipse to the Shades
(or use their own severed limbs to become shaped into forgery)(Minor act)
Instructs the Shades to lead raids on the Coast, to free the SeaSpawn from the Coastal Dwarves
Aldemas was quite sad to leave the land he had laid upon his first acts of creation upon; they would always be good memories. As a final gift to the Coastal Dwarves, he instructs his Shades to capture any dissenters from the Oncoming Raids, to be sacrificed and give Aldemas power!
"Now we leave, Traurig.... To the Abyss!"
Aldemas does one final Godly Act before he leaves the coast: He allows Traurig the ability to communicate with any living creature using his mind.

Instructs Raiding Shades to capture any Dwarves who resist against the Shades, to be sacrificed; and to do so regularly, even after the departure
Leaves 12 shades to help Traurig free slaves on his own and be his body guards
Instructs most of the Shades to go to the depths, where no sunlight penetrates the ocean waters
And uses a Minor act to grant Traurig MindSpeak
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:18:41 pm by javierpwn »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 18, 2013, 07:57:19 pm »

Think what you will, but I will not cast my adopted children out into the cold.
Sig! Onol

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 18, 2013, 08:21:40 pm »

Nalkathar roars at the Heavens. "So be it. Your Children shall die for this transgression."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 18, 2013, 08:23:18 pm »

Think twice before you threaten my children, youngling. I will not warn you a second time.
Sig! Onol

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 18, 2013, 08:24:40 pm »

Neyravah was dead. The war between Vanida and Az-Sho was slowly heating up. A fearsome dragon was on the loose. The dwarves were on the warpath. Avarian felt that it would be useless for him to try and aid the world in any way, shape, or form from now. However he felt a sort of obligation to the mortals of this world due to what the gods are doing to them and angry at the gods for the same reasons and thought,
"If I can't do anything on my own to help the mortals, then I will give them the power to free themselves of us gods. We gods have caused enough damage to the mortals already."

With that thought in his mind, he set off first to fulfill Thaneos's request, that was the least he could do. Avarian removed the writhing tentacles and cleansed the earth, being careful not to cause any more damage to the earth. With that done he set off on his next task: the creating of his base of operations that would be a safe for all creatures, provided they weren't already attached to a god.

He started by making a entirely new plane of existence one that was only accessible by mortals and beings that have been invited or have been there before. He set up Divine Wards that blocked Divine Senses from sensing that this plane even exists. He then transferred the Living Forest into the new plane that he created, causing trees and wild animals to be moving around the place. He then created 2 continents which covered a quarter of the plane and the rest of the plane was covered by water and ice.

He then started populating the plane with various tribes of powerful beings that could in and out of the plane.

The most powerful and least populous tribe were the Others who looked like empty suits of moving armor with cold dark eyes that instill fear into any mortal that stares into them, and ate the corpses of their clawed enemies in order to gain their skills, strength and knowledge.

The second most powerful tribe were the Genies. They were the most populous tribe and they all had control over their own separate elements. Their weakness though is their limited power supply, whereas the Others can fight until the bitter end, the Genies or Djinn can only fire off a few spells unless they've collected many items and artifacts during their visits to the mortal world.

The third most powerful tribe, in power, are the True Skrettir. Modeled after the so-called Weak Skrettir, they have all of the Weak Skrettirs' abilities, except they cannot shapeshift; they are actually more like a wolf humanoid than a man. Their fangs and claws produce far more potent Frost Wolf Essence than normal Frost Wolves and were far more powerful and agile. They can only be produced via taking Weak Skrettir and having them be bitten in the throat by a True Skrettir.

The weakest tribe, yet most unpredictable is the tribe of the Daemons. Daemons are, at a glance, a superior human with more cunning than all of humanity combined. They are the most agile of the tribes and rely on cunning their cunning and speed to win fights. Some Daemons offer their services to a mortal in return for their soul in order to strengthen themselves as they cannot gain strength any other way.

At first, the tribes fought tooth and claw against eachother in a vicious civil war, wiping out most of the weaker tribes like the Leon and the Templars. The civil war was waged on until Avarian empowered a Daemon named Sebastian and made Sebastian strong enough to defeat the leaders of each tribe in single combat. All the tribes crowned Sebastian as the Black Butler and the tribes started raiding the mortal realms much to everyone's chagrin. Avarian congratulated him,

Good job on defeating all those beings, I give you the title of "Black Butler",Sebastian, which entitles you to lead all of my creations including those that live in the mortal realm. I sincerely hope that this will be a beneficial partnership.

1 Major Act: Remove the taint of Mutare from Eversummer
5 Major Acts: Create a seperate plane of existence with the Living Forest moved inside it and Divine Wards to prevent any gods from knowing it exists.
3 Major Acts: Create many powerful races and tribes, the most powerful tribes being the Others, Genies, and the True Skrettir. The weakest tribe being the Daemons.
1 Major Act: Empower a Daemon, named Sebastian, with strength and skill beyond what is truly necessary to serve as the Black Butler, the leader of all the tribes who is also extremely loyal to Avarian and his cause.

Spoiler: Others (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Genies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: True Skrettir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Daemons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:11:52 pm by Firelordsky »
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 18, 2013, 09:50:53 pm »

The Stone Dragon prays to the gods.

"I am Nelkathar first of Dragons. Who would help me liberate my brethren the Soultaken?"
"I am Aldemas, God of Darkness and Creator of the Living Shades! Who are your enslaved brethren?

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 18, 2013, 10:12:45 pm »

"The Soultaken the dwarf-like creations of the late god Neyravah."

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 18, 2013, 10:18:44 pm »

"And do you know who's land they are enslaved in? The Great Beast, Az-Sho! I shall grant you slight aid, in hopes of a prosperous friendship. But as for now, I am only capable of offering verbal support. But in due time, your aid shall come"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2013, 12:00:17 am »

Nelkathar let's out a great sigh.

"The coast Dwarves dare to enslave sentient beings. I shall start there."

Nelkathar spots a village on the coast and lands next to it. It let's out a mighty roar.

"You shall answer for your crimes. Release the Seaspawn!"

Nelkathar rips the roof off of a building.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2013, 05:50:20 am »

Feros, tired, had let his gaze slip from the world. But at the prayers of his child, his attention was drawn once again.
'I say this to you who would conquer this land..... I may be weak now, but when I have strength, I will deny you. Mortals were born to freedom, to diversity, and they are creatures of blood and heart, and all deserve the right to their own selves..... And I call now upon all who may hear me, if you would stand against those who oppose this freedom, speak with me now'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 19, 2013, 05:58:14 am »

"Greetings God of the Wilds, Creator of the Mighty Dragon! What is it you wish to discuss on the freedom of mortal beings?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2013, 06:06:43 am »

There are many here who would fetter such freedom. I believe those of us who would say otherwise must, like all creatures in the face of hardship, form an alliance........ a pack of sorts, perhaps. it need not be anything truly formal at first, although this is an option, but even the wolf would ally with the deer rather than let the forest die.....
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 19, 2013, 08:28:59 am »

"Very well then, even though I hope to be the wolf, rather than the deer. I hoe out enemies to fear us, and our combined strength."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 61