Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1560917 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 8076 guffaws and counting
« Reply #8070 on: November 14, 2017, 11:23:27 am »

I really don't get why you people all get so upset about gaming. It's a frickin' hobby, for cryin' out loud. If you don't like the way it is, go play some indie stuff (this Dwarf Fortress thingey I keep hearing about is supposed to be pretty good) or, y'know, do some other shit. Get into politics, or maybe music. Those of you in the US - learn how to handle a rifle, maybe. That'll certainly put you a lot closer to
Destroy capitalism first.
than just repeating what everyone else on the internet is saying. Go for a walk, start a garden, get way into making coffee, whatever. Gaming is just this one thing you happen to have gotten into at some point: There's no reason you couldn't switch to something else.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: November 14, 2017, 12:05:04 pm »

I really don't get why you people all get so upset about gaming. It's a frickin' hobby, for cryin' out loud. If you don't like the way it is, go play some indie stuff (this Dwarf Fortress thingey I keep hearing about is supposed to be pretty good) or, y'know, do some other shit. Get into politics, or maybe music. Those of you in the US - learn how to handle a rifle, maybe. That'll certainly put you a lot closer to
Destroy capitalism first.
Except I don't actually call to destroy the system: I'm just saying that the greed is inherent in the capitalist system. Plus, it's pretty laughable to call EA "Worst American company" when you have Walmart (MSH mentioned why they suck already), big pharmacies (selling Placebo pills, getting profits from mentally ill) and the industry which isn't bashed enough, IMHO: Tobacco & Alcohol. Comparing expensive video games/gambling to the widespread and very cheap cigarettes/alcohol, which are also one of the biggest health hazards for anyone who tries them, gaming industry is the least dangerous industry ever.
And yea, let's stop discussing this nonsense.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: November 14, 2017, 01:23:25 pm »

Who do you think should profit off the mentally ill?  Writers of New Age life advice books?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: November 14, 2017, 01:26:09 pm »

And yea, let's stop discussing this nonsense.
Who do you think should profit off the mentally ill?  Writers of New Age life advice books?

Please

No

I just want to laugh

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: November 14, 2017, 01:29:37 pm »

Can we just stop? Maybe some people here have some points, but it's not even close to the right thread. I don't want to see any bans.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: November 14, 2017, 01:42:12 pm »

Oh come on, people were arguing for over a day and I make one post.  I just assumed I was in the WTF thread.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: November 14, 2017, 02:46:48 pm »

Nobody’s going to get banned, I don’t think anything was bad. MSH saying he thought Reelya expressing support for unpopular micro-economic policy or whatever was the worst thing in that, probably.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: November 14, 2017, 03:04:20 pm »

He did what??!!?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: November 14, 2017, 03:45:56 pm »

Just. Frigging. Stop. Talking. About. The. Micro. Transactions. In. The. Thread. Dedicated. To. FUNNY. THINGS!

Have a bizarre and weirdly funny anti-smoking PSA!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: November 14, 2017, 04:12:16 pm »

Hey man, some humor isn’t universal.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: November 14, 2017, 04:45:26 pm »

Just. Frigging. Stop. Talking. About. The. Micro. Transactions. In. The. Thread. Dedicated. To. FUNNY. THINGS!
Dude, stop being so aggressive in the laugh thread!  :'(
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: November 14, 2017, 06:08:20 pm »

So MGSV's physics engine makes tacticsl ike this possible...

Reminds me of Rabbit's Respawn's Jeep-launching tricks in Far Cry 3. Might link to the video soon.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: November 15, 2017, 05:38:46 am »

So how about my plan where you get 20 posts a day but you can buy extra posts with special Dorf Gold? j/k

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: November 15, 2017, 05:48:14 am »

Dunkey is the master of abusing the MGSV engine to hillarious effect
I don't know if I'm more impressed that they coded the electrocution mechanic at the end, or that anyone found out about it.
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 879