Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1220029 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15465 on: March 24, 2016, 11:59:01 pm »

I would argue his Q looks and feels more like an ult then his actual ult does. I saw that Q grow to an absolutely ABSURD size during that one game. I can't quite remember if it filled the lane, but it was damn close. Whereas his ult is kinda meh in comparison.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15466 on: March 25, 2016, 12:01:00 am »

Yeah, tbh it feels like thehy shopuilda put his r ratio on hod q and vice sevrtsa ansd made his qw hisx ult insteaf.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15467 on: March 25, 2016, 12:03:38 am »

Yeah, tbh it feels like thehy shopuilda put his r ratio on hod q and vice sevrtsa ansd made his qw hisx ult insteaf.

you okay

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15468 on: March 25, 2016, 12:08:20 am »

you okay
I thinl ,aybe I shouyld not dtrink a sixpaxk of 9% abv crafrt beers wjebn I'm onkly 110lb and then keep usint a computer. Maybe. Goodnmihty.

3. Run Resize Enable

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15469 on: March 25, 2016, 12:16:26 am »

There's only a 5% difference in the ratio anyways. His Q is .65 and R is .7.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15470 on: March 25, 2016, 10:31:02 am »

I definitely got the impression that he was pretty strong from watching his champion spotlight, but I haven't had a chance to really see one in a PvP game yet.  There was one in one PvP game I played but it was running support (why on earth they would do that, I don't know) while I was mid and we got so thoroughly trashed that we surrendered before I saw it in action.

Also, is it just me or does it seem that there's no such thing as a mediocre Master Yi jungle player?  They're either incredibly skilled to the point of being death incarnate and you better hope you've got a lot of CC to use while you run if they gank you, or they're absolutely terrible and more often than not get themselves killed trying to gank (such as jumping into the middle of a few mid-low health opponents and promptly getting hit with an AOE silence and taken apart).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:58:05 am by 4maskwolf »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15471 on: March 25, 2016, 11:49:37 am »

Yi's a very polarizing champion like that. If someone has good footwork, knows to wait for enemy CDs to go in, and can time his Q and W use properly, he's absurdly lethal. If someone fails on any of those points, they get tagged by skillshot CC/nailed by AoE or targeted CC/don't dodge or absorb enemy CC.

Like, it's possible to play Yi at a very high level of play (see: Cowsep). It's just very different being able to play Yi in Diamond/Master than it is being able to play Yi in low ELO; in the latter most people are dumb and run away instead of killing him, don't hold CC, &c., so you can get away with more dumb decisions--this in turn means that Yi players there don't get forced to learn how to play him well, which is a hell of a lot more than Alpha Striking every time it's off CD and right-clicking.

I used to run Ghost/TP Jungle Yi, gank and towerdive at level 2, and build 100% crit + Hydra with no jungle item. And it fucking worked, because people at Gold ELO are dumb and you can do well with basically anything. They're terrible at objective control, and you can just run in and wipe them if they force something while you're near.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 12:52:41 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15472 on: March 25, 2016, 12:13:14 pm »

The Yi that sparked that comment decided that it would be a good idea to leap into the middle of Shyvana, Soraka, and Ashe, who were all at lowish health, by himself and got immediately equinox'd and frost arrowed as soon as he became targetable.  Needless to say, his death was swift.  I've also seen other absolutely terrible ganks that were made worse by trying to pursue them long after it was no longer a possibility and getting the full brunt of Lissandra's ice magic in rapid succession to death and the Yi's who have no idea how to actually sneak up on anyone and can be easily avoided by paying cursory attention to the minimap, even if you've forgotten to renew your words.

That being said, I have seen some (relatively, I'm only level 17 so I can't play ranked) good Yi's as well, including one who I play in a group regularly with, who are absolutely devastating even when faced with multiple champions at once.  But I've never seen a Yi where I didn't think "holy shit this guy is really freaking dangerous" or "oh my god really?  Really?  Why the hell are you using that champion."

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #15473 on: March 25, 2016, 12:35:18 pm »

master yi's kit has always rewarded a. . . unique playstyle. He completely lacks any disengages, so he is very much the definition of an all or nothing champion. As well he exists primairly in the state of snowballing up or snowballing down, no inbetween. You don't see much mid level yi, becuase he has a very very large problem. His basic kit is pretty easy to get, but he has so much counterplay. His alpha strike ofr instance is broken as heck, but it also puts him in a fairly reliable location at a fairly reliable time. Yi punishes enemy misplays, but can';t do anything against a cordinated team.

In high level play split pushing is god, and he comes back as a clean up assassins with great split push, but that is more refusing to teamfight if not supremely fed. And really a completly different playstyle from low level Yi.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15474 on: March 25, 2016, 12:57:46 pm »

Yep. He's a great splitpusher because of the waveclear and the fact that a well-timed Alpha Strike is all you need to mitigate CC in a 1v1, then they're dead.

You're still dumb if you pick him into a CC-heavy enemy comp, though.

AP Yi, on the other hand, was basically AP Tristana that worked against multiple targets but couldn't disengage.

3. Run Resize Enable

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15475 on: March 25, 2016, 06:15:18 pm »

By their nature in League, melee carries are incredibly feast or famine, due to some game design decisions that differentiate LoL from other MOBAs. When they don't feast, you get the "bad" Yis, who may seem like they're making an incredibly stupid choice to dive into a 3v1, but a lot of the time that's really the only option. When all you have is a hammer...

On the other hand, when they do feast, Yi is honestly super easy to play because you go in and hit stuff. All of the skill is spent getting to the point where you can do that, and from there it's easy sailing, beyond some macro decisions like when to split.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15476 on: March 25, 2016, 06:33:40 pm »

I'm giving up on playing botlane, however fun the carries might be I just can't risk it anymore. It seems that every other game I get a troll or a moron who picked fill and is now pouting because he got support.

I can handle bad players, really, but it's shit like getting two support teemos in three games which do nothing but die and make your laning miserable that fucking gets me. Or getting a fucking Aurelion who probably wanted to play mid but he didn't let a silly thing like lane role stop him in his plan. Do you have any idea how hard it is to farm when you have a fucking dragon constatly pushing your lane just by fucking being there? And of course he never bought any wards or support items, "Use your trinkets" he said (only wards on map were mine for most of the game, pink ones too) the flaming twat.

It's like, I can handle being bad myself, I can improve on that and I have. But it's literally a gamble on wether your lane partner is a fucking mouthbreather whose only enjoyment seems to come out of ruining the game for their team what the fuck can you do?

So fuck botlane, fuck it to hell and back, I'm going back to playing stress free broken shit on top.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15477 on: March 25, 2016, 08:04:11 pm »

So Cass's update coming with the big immobile mage rework got mixed up and slipped into the PBE today. It's pretty exciting to see, I really dig the direction they're taking her in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So right off the bat, getting rid of the stacking passive which was horrible and instead functionally giving her an extra item slot is huge for pushing her in the "late-game hypercarry" direction. Super cool. 4 ms/lvl, winds up putting you at 441 at level 18 with Luden's.

The introduction of what hopefully will be a recurring cc, grounding, is also exciting. It's like they saw what Poppy's W did and thought "we need to fuck Rivens harder", although I'm a little scared they're gonna realize how oppressive disallowing dashes and blinks are on some champions and then discard the idea.

Making her E always have a <1 second cd and just do more damage to poisoned targets is also pretty cool and makes the occasional E on a target who just had poison wear off less punishing.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15478 on: March 25, 2016, 08:11:24 pm »

Wow, yeah. That's pretty much every serious issue with her resolved, and an added dose of "lol fuck LeagueofDashes" on top. As you mentioned, E delay issue is gone, stacking passive is a more direct thing now that just straight-up removes one item instead of making several partially redundant (and also avoids time-capping part of her kit re: E healing), and without boots her build gains a lot of flexibility that it didn't really have.

Hell, just taking the CDR off of her passive means that there are viable MPRegen items for her that aren't Tear.

3. Run Resize Enable

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15479 on: March 25, 2016, 08:15:51 pm »

i just like the fact that she can't wear boots

because she's a snake

that makes sense right
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 ... 1067