Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 801344 times)

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #2220 on: April 16, 2012, 01:21:03 am »

Journal of Stormtemplar
Carved into the fabric of reality
You know what? Screw this fort. It's horrible. Seriously, I try to posses some moron so I can go fight and everyone informs me I'm a "thresher" WHAT THE **** IS A THRESHER? HAS ONE EVER BEEN NEEDED IN THE FORT'S HISTORY? Seriously, I'm sure there have been moments where overseers had said "Wow, a legendary hammerdwarf would have been awesome there", but has fort ever fallen due to lack of a thresher? Are there threshing emergencies? Threshing alert levels perhaps? NO BECAUSE IT'S A ****** USELESS JOB THAT NO SANE PERSON WOULD EVER UNDERTAKE. Until there's an ACTUAL FIGHTER available to be taken, I'm gonna stay a ghost. Getting out my frustration by stabbing a journal into the side of reality is pretty awesome.
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: April 16, 2012, 02:02:47 am »

Well, it appears my turn is here. I'll start tomorrow, I apologize for the slight delay.
EDIT: Should I play just one year, so the next save will be in Autumn? Or should I just get things back to normal and play an extra half-turn?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:12:55 pm by Epithemius »

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: April 16, 2012, 07:59:35 pm »

18th of Limestone, 215.
   A new quill and a new sheet of parchment. A fine way to begin the tale of my overseeing of the fortress "Shashmebzuth", or Hellcannon in the human tongue.  I've just arrived and set up my things. Upon entering this hellishly designed fortress, I realise that the hospital is terrible. I've ordered the miners to create something more relaxing to rest and heal in, as these next few months will NOT be pleasant for the military as we attempt to secure the entry of the migrants into the fortress. I've added a bit more aethsetics, also not to mention 4 dedicated rooms for doctors (including myself). It's a bit more modular, with much room for expansion, should I need to house a large amount of migrants.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

8th of Sandstone, 215.
   I told the damn miners to hurry up already, some lunatic named "Eric the Second" has been screaming in pain down in the entrance for weeks now. By the time I can attempt some sort of half-assed surgery on him, he'll probably have succumbed to infection. My priority is that hospital, and I'll finish it and have it stocked by the end of the year. Also, I must be sure to make a note out to Mego the Fourth not to use adamintine thread-that stuff holds wounds together excellently, but it's worth more than my beard for a sole strand.

1st of Timber, 215.

It appears that we've managed to have another 4 migrants into the fortress. They shall be processed into fields suitable for them. In other news, we've got another forgotten terror coming into our caverns. We should be safe, however, the seal designed by my predecessors should hold them at bay permanently.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:02:24 pm by Epithemius »

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: April 16, 2012, 08:19:06 pm »

Hey, I just checked out Battlefailed's tvtropes page, and apparently, at some point in Hellcannon, everyone was turning into (being nicknamed) "The Master" (lol)? Can anyone estimate what page that happened around.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: April 16, 2012, 08:20:00 pm »

It was just after the Grand LOLWUT in The Master's turn, so you should be able to find it from the front page.

Also, Epithemius, feel free to play the extra half-year if you feel so inclined. For the sake of simplicity, I'm going to decree that, for all future overseers, if upon starting your turn it is not Spring, you may play for one year plus however long it takes to get to the next Spring after the year has elapsed, if you so please.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:22:21 pm by Mego »

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: April 16, 2012, 10:30:25 pm »

I'm so happy to come back to dwarf fortress and see battlefailed still going!

I went on break shortly after my turn in Failcannon. (my hard drive destroyed my masterwork screenshots, I threw a tantrum and construction of the rough gabbro story was suspended, then I decided to deal with the real life siege I'd been ignoring)

It's awesome to see things still going 17 months later. I do feel bad about leaving my part of the story unwritten, but there's not much I can do about it now.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 16, 2012, 11:08:19 pm »

Yes there is!

*pokes the sign-up list*

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 16, 2012, 11:58:50 pm »

Okay, fine. Add me to the turn list, by the time it comes around I should have figured out how to play again ;)

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 17, 2012, 01:46:51 am »

I told the damn miners to hurry up already, some lunatic named "Eric the Second" has been screaming in pain down in the entrance for weeks now. By the time I can attempt some sort of half-assed surgery on him, he'll probably have succumbed to infection.
He's been that way since before my turn started, so on the plus side, he's not suffering from anything inevitably fatal without treatment. On the minus side, he's not suffering from anything that CAN be treated, so you'll have to deal with his screaming in some other fashion.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 17, 2012, 02:05:31 am »

I told the damn miners to hurry up already, some lunatic named "Eric the Second" has been screaming in pain down in the entrance for weeks now. By the time I can attempt some sort of half-assed surgery on him, he'll probably have succumbed to infection.
He's been that way since before my turn started, so on the plus side, he's not suffering from anything inevitably fatal without treatment. On the minus side, he's not suffering from anything that CAN be treated, so you'll have to deal with his screaming in some other fashion.

On the minus side, he's not suffering from anything that CAN be treated, so you'll have to deal with his screaming in some other fashion.

[...] so you'll have to deal with his screaming in some other fashion.

[...] anything inevitably fatal [...]

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 17, 2012, 02:14:29 am »

The fact that I cannot stand nor grasp items is a fatal blow. I'm dead.

Now is an excellent time to become a necromancer ghost and possess another dorf.

DO NOT bury my corpse. Ever. Even if my ghost is violent and/or murderous, I demand a supernatural manifestation, as well as any unclaimed miner or mason (same parameters as already on the dorfing list.) For story purposes... :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 17, 2012, 06:42:54 am »

Do we currently have a CMD?  Also, am I alive presently?  If no and yes, I would very much like to become the CMD, because of stuff that happened in the "If Bay Forum were a mountain hall" thread.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #2232 on: April 17, 2012, 07:30:45 am »

Im in militia right? Or am I dead already?
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 17, 2012, 06:30:24 pm »

The fact that I cannot stand nor grasp items is a fatal blow. I'm dead.

Now is an excellent time to become a necromancer ghost and possess another dorf.

DO NOT bury my corpse. Ever. Even if my ghost is violent and/or murderous, I demand a supernatural manifestation, as well as any unclaimed miner or mason (same parameters as already on the dorfing list.) For story purposes... :P

Speaking of necros, I wonder what the next entry in the battlefailed saga will be like...

It's going to be really damn difficult though. Reanimating biomes are insanely hard to play on unless the local undead wildlife is weak/slow enough for you to get a foothold on the surface early on. My fort in an evil desert finally fell just as I was about to complete my 20 or so z-level magma pump stack that would enable me to scour the surface of all unlife.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 17, 2012, 07:10:36 pm »

My fort in an evil desert finally fell just as I was about to complete my 20 or so z-level magma pump stack that would enable me to scour the surface of all unlife.

Wouldn't it have just set them on fire? Magma doesn't cause HP damage, so it wouldn't hurt undead. That's why Hellcannon still has a skeletal blind cave ogre sitting in the magma sea.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 208