Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Rise of the Magi (4/12)  (Read 2363 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rise of the Magi (4/12)
« on: April 06, 2020, 06:38:00 am »

Game info:

Here you guys would be Magi, fancy term for sorcerers or sorceresses in which born with immense magical power.

Notice 1: I intend to join in this, I am not a gm
Who just lords over and throws stuff, I love playing along and in the sand box nature of this rpg. Well my GM duties is giving out xp at the end of the week and rolling for world situations for each player.

Notice 2: Each player can haul from a people on this world. The world is akin to Roman times with a few tweaks as listed, each group is mentioned, historic note and etc.

Dragma: Russians at this time in the period.

Norsica: Vikings. Picking them means the character could explore the New World over time. ( As the Americans are all NPC. Due to fact they do not have Magi but Shamans, deals and prayers with foreign powers.)

Britons: Celtics

Nords: Germans or Gauls.

Arcadian: Greeks. Noted to be advanced enough to have toilets and paper for them.

Pax: Pax and Paxians are Romans. Who are making huge waves in the European part of the world.

Kyrie: Alternative version of Hund won really like wearing animal masks.

Edenian: Jewish people’s, here are nomads as the Babylonian expies kicked them out.

Tiamatians: Said expies. In this world have the most advanced metals.

Helion: Egypt. Enough said really.

Dian: China, politics is like Han. Most advanced nation as aside toilet stuff, have man sized glider kites for flight and gun powder. So they have prototype guns.

Yanmoto: Toughest Warrior culture with some honor rules. Obviously Japan here.

So 12 slots. And we are not rulers, just residents of said cultures.

Notice 3: Magic system: Been dancing around with and deciding we can do a vote on this. One of 5 systems to do.

1: The 5 Mana schools from Magic the Gathering ( though in plot we are nowhere near as potent as a planes walker.) Start with one magic type at basic 1 level. Can learn all 5 and max them. Notice do not need land mastery to access mana, it comes to you in different flavors.

White: Creation, Order, Light, Justice, etc.

Blue: Knowledge, control, mind, water, etc.

Red: Chaos, Freedom, Destruction, Fire, etc.

Black: Death, Power, Corruption, bad stuff, etc.

Green: Nature, life, critters, earth, etc.

2: Akin to D and D Wizard magic here. Start with 2 at the basic level.

Abjuration: Defense Magic.

Animancy: Home brewed white necromancy, deals with life force directly.

Conjure: Summon stuff

Divination: Magic aight into things.

Enchantment: Empower stuff or even mind alter spells.

Evocation: Conjure energy in various forms to wreck shit.

Illusion: Trick the senses of others.

Necromancy: The dark version. False life by using demonic energy to animate the dead, siphon life force or unnatural life force tampering, also just killing things directly.

3: Based off the Pillars of Creation from Legacy of Kain fandom, 9 in total. Start off with 3 in basic level.

Mind: Mind over matter.

Conflict: Dictate fighting and reasons for it, draw strength from it, covers chaos too.

Nature: All natural elements, critter control, and stuff.

Energy: Controlling energy in all its forms and uses.

States: Changing forms of something to something else. State wise.

Dimension: Accessing other realms and realities of existence.

Time: Let’s do the time warp again! ( Control glow of time, future sight and stuff.)

Death: You kill things, alter souls and can bring false life to dead things.

Balance: Tip the scales to one side or another at a turning point.

4: Here it is based off the Spheres of Reality from Mage by White Wolf. Here we start off with three in basic level.

1: Source: Direct mana/aether/ etc energy burst from the, source to our world. Controlling that flow directly.

2: Forces: Altering or manifesting flow or patterns of energies of our dimension ( kinetics, heat, electric, etc.)

3: Life: Command and control of organic matter.

4: Matter: Like above but inorganic matter.

5: Time: Controlling flow of time.

6: Dimension: Space/travel/planar magic.

7: Soul: Altering souls and being able to use them. In various ways.

8: Death: Kill stuff dead. Also affect ghosts and make undead.

9: Mind: Mind over matter along with telepathy and even telekinesis.

10: Entropy: Tampering with Chaos, Fate, Fortune, and Events.

11: Shadow: The anti life, not death pre say but makes things dark, can kill things, and make constructs from said dark matter.

12: Destruction: All about breaking down patterns in really violent disruptions.

5: Custom! Here max to learn is 20 but nothing really pre planned and each magic has strength and weakness. We get to decide for ourselves what we do, and spend action points for new school of magic. Start with 4, (altered) each at level 1. Nothing too has though please.

Stats:

Note that at the end of each game week you will get xp points to buy up new stat points to get even more awesome.

Life Points: How fast you heal. Need life points or your dead for real.

Hp: How much you can function, at 0 your knocked out. Your LP allows you to recover.

Action Points: In this game you do actions, this is your currency for how much you get to do in a game week.

Fate Points: Get out of jail card. You get zero life points and have fate point? You sacrifice FP and your spares, for now.

Strength: How strong you are. At maxed level your super human, like snap swords with karate chips, explode boulders with kicks, and turn people into Gore balloons.

Speed: How fast you think, react, and can move. This has many uses indeed.

Constitution: How tough you are, anti fatigue, anti disease, and anti poison us here.

Will Power: Mental toughness. Also how much you can focus on your spell casting.

Intelligence: How many spells you can squeeze in every command level, also how advanced a skill you can learn at skill mentor and if you can comprehend tech and even improve on it.

Power: A bonus to how hard you magic hits.

Reserve: Your MP pool pre week turn.

Soul: How fast MP respawns each week turn ends.

Command: How advanced you are in magic mastering. This stat cap is decided by which magic system we use.

Note that after votes I will write the stat caps and what they mean plot wise.

Skills: Not making a skill list, max number is 30. There are plenty to go around though and if you want help to pick, message me ( as it can be a big deal depending on game schemes.)

Final note: Magi do not age when power manifests, so your characters age will stay that way forever. Only way to die is by other means aside old age. Also no sanity rules, your a magic born super human, crazy shit does not bother you.

Character sheet: To come if you guys vote. Not only intro info but how many stats start off with and how many to spend a week.

Then show action point system and stuff you can do with it.

Note: If less than 7 people sign up by Friday, can play as multiple people ( depending on number, if 3-4 players, 3. If 5-6, 2 pcs a player.)

Note that as I go along will make player vs player combat rules. For now just supposed to be exploring and fiddle with a world by having powers. Curious as to what the votes will be.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 04:54:50 am by Tyrant Leviathan »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magi (0/12)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 07:50:02 am »

I will join as a member of Norsica. Character sheet will be created later, class starts soon
Name: Ava Ergot
Nationality: Norsica
Background: Ava was always interested in exploring and learning about learning about plants. She plans to learn as much about as many plants as she possibly can by exploring throughout the world

I don’t have a preference for which magic system is used.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 10:11:00 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 08:43:50 am »

Cool yes. Members can make up profile by name, gender, age, nationality, and background stuff. Spells and stats is post vote.

As for my vote it can go any way really, if a tie I will break it though. By chance/dice roll.

Edit: I may just lift character limit thing to three to see how far it goes.

If this is cool I am willing to lift the America thing and have

East Coast
Plains
Aztec
Mayan
Inca

Just renamed of course.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 09:25:53 am by Tyrant Leviathan »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magi (2/12)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 09:35:38 am »

:shrugs:

I guess vote for system 5. As it has the most freedom but there are rules, and edited so start 4/20 since 20 max

But we got until Friday.

My first guy.

Name: Daniel Mason
Nationality: Edenian
Background: Born of a minor noble family, fathers family owns land, cattle, crops, and family also carpenters and stone masons. Hence the name they go by. His mother were family of traveling Tiamatians. Due to his father he is a Edenian. But grew up with the scourge of being a half breed and the other half being the people who threw his out of the Holy Land.

Currently was toiling in his fathers business of farm work, such as carpenteri g. However o e day, the world changed for him and nothing has been the same. He has held back his change so far. However that was years ago, practicing in secret, now supposed to be thirties. He is trying to find a wife, but destiny calls to him. In his private cave has mastered magic and seeks a grander life.

He does not seek to destroy or rule, he simply wants to learn. And maybe take his father’s people to a new world that will not need blood shed. ( poor disillusion always fool.)

Edit: Willing to make a 6th magic path. Just me making a big list of spell types without lists ( can fill in, though I could do that too.) About 30 schools of thought and 6 is max to learn and pros/cons.

Also considering making a South Africa people, along with the Americas ( East coast, mid west, Aztecs as west/south, Mayans as Mexico and Incas as South America.)

Considering Ireland and Spain too.

Aside that, due to actions of magic over time, the world will change.  Like npc non human races. And other things.

Thinking of my two other PCs. Kyrie/Dragm/Dian or Yanmoto. The other Pax, Ireland, or Spain ( sobyeahvwillnibclyde in a expansion for sure at this point.)

If any body interested in system 5 or 6 private message me. I will answer. In general the Magic’s are met to flex creative muscles though could make lists, which defeats that point.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 01:41:56 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 03:18:55 pm »

Cool yes. Members can make up profile by name, gender, age, nationality, and background stuff. Spells and stats is post vote.

As for my vote it can go any way really, if a tie I will break it though. By chance/dice roll.

Edit: I may just lift character limit thing to three to see how far it goes.

If this is cool I am willing to lift the America thing and have

East Coast
Plains
Aztec
Mayan
Inca

Just renamed of course.
by this do you mean we can play as them or what did you mean?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 03:24:02 pm »

3 PCs. All over the world. I be my PCs and NPCs. NPCs cannot improve stats. PCs can. And yes thinking of allowing PCs in the America’s.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 08:56:58 am »

Name: Musashi Yamato
Nationality: Yanmoto
Background: Born and raised to be a solder, and that's all he knows.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 10:11:17 am »

Background created

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magi (3/12)
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 09:40:58 am »

New tribes/ Nations.

Danwe: Ireland

Kiba: Mask wearing Eskimos. So Alaska/Canada.

Atlatzie: Aztecs.

Gaia: Mid west plains Indians.

Oppi: East coast Indians.

Malicete: Incas. Only new world start with metals.

Telian: Spanish

Phoenica: Carthage

Arya: India.

Ryugan: Korea.

Mokle: South Africa nation.

Chou: Polynesian explorers. ( Austria’s and islands.) They prefer masks too.

That’s it for nationalities. If by Friday no one votes it will be magic system 5.

Also: Thursday got time to gm. So posts and here will give skill list, and action point examples. To do stuff between turns.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 08:15:53 pm »

Name: Atec Amaro
Nationality: Malicete
Background: The son of an Imperial Guard in the capital city, Atec had always dreamed of following in his father's footsteps. He trained since he was old enough to become a fighter capable of protecting his empire and spreading its borders. His early childhood was filled with play, but that stopped once he reached the age of ten. Instead, his days became filled with training as hired instructors attempted to mold his physique and hammer the knowledge of combat into his bones. The only reprieve was for the city's festivals or holy days which often involved sacrifices. He was as fervent in his belief in the gods as the other Malicete, and the memories of the festival's stuck with him.

All of this was in preparation for the day he turned 25, the start of his adulthood and eligibility to join the army. He joined that very day and was elated to finally see the fruit of his labor over the past 15 years. It was only a few days before he was sent to the northern frontlines of the current campaign, and he set off with excitement.

It was in the heat of combat when his power first awoke. As he slew the enemies of his people, one managed a lucky strike through his armor and directly into his heart. Like breaking a dam, power flowed out and through his body, vastly increasing his physical abilities. As he slaughtered the man in retribution, his power drained the man's life force to restore him, healing the wound in his heart slightly. As he continued to fight, intending to die a proud death, a bloody mist seeped into him from his fallen foes and rejuvenated him. By the time the enemies had routed, Atec had been restored to good health. Those who had fought with him began to whisper that he was blessed by the gods, and he began to receive the attention of priests and officers, watching him to see if he truly was blessed. His military service continued for ten years as he rose through the ranks and learned to harness his power. His lack of aging was seen as a sign of the god's favor as he continued to increase public opinion of himself through his feats in battle.

I'd also like to vote for option 5. That way I can see about getting some blood or sacrifice oriented magic.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 02:36:16 am »

I'm good with whatever magic system gets picked.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magi (4/12)
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 10:59:54 am »

Magic type system: 5.

Stat pool at start: 100 points

Skill list: Now only 8 can be mastered start with 3.

1: Combat: Capable of fighting like a warrior and not a puny book worm.
2: Warcraft: Leading armies, formations and such.
3: Siege Craft: The know how of dealing with cities/castles and etc.
4: Engineering: Knowing how stuff gets build
5: Medical: Healing people without magic.
6: Stewardship: Able to govern and rule if given a office.
7: Zeal: Calm state of mind, instead of 20 action points, now 30.
8: Focus: Spend action point for quicker magic point recharge a turn.
9: Ritual: Buy magic a way or another to do big stuff.
10: Science: Know ins and outs of basic science, math and so forth to learn these fools.
11: Sleight of a Hand: Thief work and hand tricks for a distraction.
12: Stealth: Moving around like a ninja.
13: Craft: Like engineering  just now crafting hand held or wearable materials.
14: Spying: Know how to get information when you really want it.
15: Leadership: Being in charge of people in general.
16: Acting: Lies, playing a false role and so forth.
17: Animals: Handle them as pets, steeds and so forth.
18: Outdoor Survival: Traveling and living off the land to survive.

Stats:
Body and mental stats: Up to 50. All start at 5.
Power stat: 100 Start at 10
Command:100. Start at 4 ( 1 each magic type start with.)
Reserve: 100 start at 10.
Soul: 75 start at 5.
Life: 30 ( start with 30. Can buy back if bought down.)
Fate: Start with 10. Can buy it back.

Stats for Daniel Mason:

Strength: 5- 10
Speed:5- 10
Constitution:5- 15
Will Power:5- 14
Intelligence:5- 15
Power:10- 30
Reserve:10- 30
Soul:5- 15
Command: 4- 16- 20 for now ( first 4 maxed out power wise.)

Used calculator and divided my 100 up accordingly.

Skills:
1: Combat: Can fight if he has to.
2: Zeal: 30 action points now.

6 skills left to learn.

Magic types: Here are my magic types. My custom 4/20 as examples. With function and weakness to them.

Gnosis: From the Arcadian ( Greek) World for knowledge. It literally means knowledge, as in how things work. Currently knows the how just not why given a Mason has no true science knowledge and example. But still, knows how shit works.

Effect: Full Metal Alchemist style alchemy.

Con: Limit is materials and knowledge of said materials to work out effects of spells. Also need casting do I with markings and memorized formula in mind to make magic go off.

Genesis: Feom the Edenian world for beginning and creation. Instead of summoning creatures from another plain of existence, Daniel makes life. Literally. This school of magic can create animals, monsters, and even germs.

Effect: Loyal monsters and other exotic magic options.

Con: With creatures in effect actually minus to soul pool total to maintain the creatures.

Theomancy: Another Arcadian Word. Theo ( God) In other words God mastery. In this case best describe this spell power as tapping into the well of energy beyond this world, to affect this world directly. Daniel calls it this as he believes energy comes from God’s kingdom.

Effect: Energy spells, including combat and utility ones.

Con: This crap is powered by belief. You need to believe in it yourself, yourself to wield, and for maximum effect is to develop a culture/religion/cult around you to siphon their beliefs to boost this stuff to maximum power. Danny needs prayer badly.

Golemancy: The knowledge of how to build golems and empiwer them with life so they move about, function and obey the creator.

Effect: Golem minions. Kind of like genesis creatures but no reserve cost.

Con: Time consuming. To make golems require two times longer than to conjure a creature on spot for a scene. Sure golems last forever until destruction, just they take forever to form.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2020, 02:12:59 am »

I think I did this right.

Stats for Atec Amaro

Strength: 5- 20 (+15)
Speed:5- 20 (+15)
Constitution:5- 19 (+14)
Will Power:5- 10 (+5)
Intelligence:5- 15 (+10)
Power:10- 20 (+10)
Reserve:10- 20 (+10)
Soul:5- 10 (+5)
Command: 4- 20 (+16)

Skills:
1: Combat: Fighting is almost as natural to him as breathing.
2: Zeal: 30 action points now.
3: Ritual: Generally of the sacrificial variety. Big Magic Happy Fun Time.

5 skills left to learn.

Magic types:

Sacrifice: The First Blessing. While his people sacrifice to honor and appease the gods, Atec sacrifices in trade for their power. The gods seem to be listening to him specifically, and his sacrifices often bear tangible results, another reason he is considered to be blessed by the gods.

Function: Allows for a nearly limitless selection of magical effects, proportional in power to the magnitude of the sacrifice made. A notable example would be Atec harming himself for a temporary increase in physical capability. Another would be sacrificing prisoners or fallen enemies to summon a storm to destroy an enemy's camp or curse them with disease.

Con: The power is proportional to the sacrifice. The user can kill themself by sacrificing too much of their own life. Large-scale sacrifices generally require a ritual or at least ritual marking of each thing to be sacrificed, which takes a lot of time.

Ward: The Second Blessing. This type of magic is purely defensive in nature and is employed to protect Atec and others. It relies on barriers, shields, and the eponymous wards to mitigate or deflect harm.

Function: Generating magical protection in the form of shields, barriers, and wards.

Con: The strongest defense can only be used by Atec himself. Generating protection for others creates weaker defenses that must be strengthened with extra energy to reach their full potential.

Shaping: The Third Blessing. Like the great Creator god shaped everything in the world, so too does Atec. He can shape and alter organic matter with this magic, changing its form or merging it with other matter so long as the base is organic. Arcadians might call his fused beasts "chimaeras" but the other results have been called anything from "divine" to "abomination"

Function: Allows him to make new forms of creatures, plants, and organic materials through incorporating other matter. For instance, combining a lion and eagle to make a Griffin, combining an alligator with metal or rock to give it a tougher exterior, or creating a giant flesh monster from the corpses of his slain foes.

Con: Requires material to work with. Live sapients must consent to the magic. Corpses, while they can be used as material, cannot be brought to life by this magic. They require the spark of life from another source.

Dominion: The Fourth Blessing. Like the sun holds dominion over all below it, so too does Atec hold dominion over the area around him.

Function: Creates a domain, an area of space around Atec that gives him full control over all magical and natural things and phenomena within its borders.

Con: Other forms of magic cannot be used while using Dominion magic. The domain extends for X meters, where X is the amount of Reserve locked for use of this magic. For example, locking 10 Reserve would generate a domain of 10 meters diameter and leave Atec with 10 Reserve usable.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2020, 08:09:10 am »

Did I do this right, also I'll do the magic stuff later.

Stats for Musashi Yamato:

Stats:
Strength: 5- 25
Speed:5- 10
Constitution:5- 14
Will Power:5- 5
Intelligence:5- 15
Power:10- 10
Reserve:10- 5
Soul:5- 4
Command: 4- 11

Skills:
Combat: Capable of fighting like a warrior and not a puny book worm.
Animals: Handle them as pets, steeds and so forth.
Outdoor Survival: Traveling and living off the land to survive.

5 Skills left

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2020, 04:03:18 pm »

Sorry for late update. Been busy. Next week update everything as ai saved my game posts.

As for this post.

Nature Girl: Can list spells and stuff.

The Ritual/Sacrifice magic is total in favor, good job.

Zultan: Magic it up.

Action examples in a turn:

It all costs action points, to do magic points a turn costs no based on how strong it is, and to learn new skills is a Int check. Otherwise stuff like followers and etc depends on what you do.

Actions can be training, studying, exploring, chatting to people, start a cult ( more result if do magic.) and yeah do serious stuff to people you like or dislike. That kind of thing.

Will give examples by playing the next post. In general a thought exercise rpg.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4