Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 481409 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.85b beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2012, 01:00:24 am »

Wait, Rippers are knives?

Well, shit.
Now I feel silly for giving them to my Axeponies.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2012, 01:09:22 am »

Heh, I keep forgetting that chainsaws are axes and not swords :P

That does remind me, though: Kinetic hammers/super sledges.  Any plans to allow for crafting them?
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2012, 01:37:52 am »

Well, shit.

Best knives ever! AP for AP they did more damage than Super Sledges, iirc. I don't blame you though, there's some strange weapon/skill combos. Did you know shovels are used like axes and drills are used like spears?

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2012, 05:13:08 am »

Nono, I just checked, Rippers really ARE knives.
So half my milita is armed with weapons they have absolutely no clue of how to use.
I am surprised that half of them aren't missing limbs the way I imagine them handling chainsaw knives.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, shit.

Best knives ever! AP for AP they did more damage than Super Sledges, iirc.

In the melee class, nothing can beat the raw damage of a super sledge critical hit to the eyes, and critical damage to the eyes is where it was aaaaall at.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2012, 10:21:59 am »

Well, shit.

Best knives ever! AP for AP they did more damage than Super Sledges, iirc.

In the melee class, nothing can beat the raw damage of a super sledge critical hit to the eyes, and critical damage to the eyes is where it was aaaaall at.
Now I feel stupid :S Shovels were under 'axes' and drills were under 'spears,' so I guess I just assumed it was organized by skill.
And I know; unless you had heavy guns you had to use aimed attacks. The moment I got my Small Arms guys a .223 pistol it was all over; it's not as good at dropping Enclave soldiers as a gauss pistol, but pretty much everything that isn't a deathclaw falls to a well-placed crit to the eyes.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2012, 10:50:23 am »

Now I feel stupid :S Shovels were under 'axes' and drills were under 'spears,' so I guess I just assumed it was organized by skill.
And I know; unless you had heavy guns you had to use aimed attacks. The moment I got my Small Arms guys a .223 pistol it was all over; it's not as good at dropping Enclave soldiers as a gauss pistol, but pretty much everything that isn't a deathclaw falls to a well-placed crit to the eyes.
Mid game .223'ing was always fun, but I always opted for the plasma weapons with a the 4th tag perk near the end of it all since the 2mm EMC ammo was too rare for comfort.
Not as much damage potential with crits to the eyes as the gauss rifle I reckon, but they were still pretty neat against enclave patrols seeing how their power armor hardly protects them against plasma.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2012, 11:07:03 am »

Mid game .223'ing was always fun, but I always opted for the plasma weapons with a the 4th tag perk near the end of it all since the 2mm EMC ammo was too rare for comfort.
Not as much damage potential with crits to the eyes as the gauss rifle I reckon, but they were still pretty neat against enclave patrols seeing how their power armor hardly protects them against plasma.

There's a good two hundred EC rounds in the Toxic Caves off of Klamath if you can repair the generator and lockpick the elevator doors. Seeing as pretty much the only way to get a gauss pistol is off of a dead Enclave soldier, I usually pick up the EC rounds and hold on to them until I have to go to the Enclave base. Then it's just a matter of killing the soldiers with the gauss pistols before anyone else so you stay roughly even ammo-wise.
Never did much with energy weapons, though. I always spent half the game leveling small arms to ~175, and getting to that ungodly level of skill with energy weapons too seemed a waste of time when Small Arms could carry you through to the end.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 11:10:56 am by Crazy Cow »

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2012, 11:36:49 am »

There's a good two hundred EC rounds in the Toxic Caves off of Klamath if you can repair the generator and lockpick the elevator doors. Seeing as pretty much the only way to get a gauss pistol is off of a dead Enclave soldier, I usually pick up the EC rounds and hold on to them until I have to go to the Enclave base. Then it's just a matter of killing the soldiers with the gauss pistols before anyone else so you stay roughly even ammo-wise.
Never did much with energy weapons, though. I always spent half the game leveling small arms to ~175, and getting to that ungodly level of skill with energy weapons too seemed a waste of time when Small Arms could carry you through to the end.

I almost always get the gauss pistol/rifle in the Chinatown SF area. I forget which store had it, probably the Red 888 store to north of the entrance guarded by a couple blueshirts, the ammo's in both stores there IIRC. Expensive as hella, though! NCR have gauss ammo too, I'm pretty sure it's in middle or left shelves at Buster's.

Energy weapons are mad fun to me in FO and FO2, particularly the plasma rifles, for their melting crits. Ammo still sucks money up :D Small arms were still much more effective in FO2 with the gauss weapons, though, and turbo plasma rifle not having one less AP to fire like first FO.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2012, 03:40:07 pm »

That does remind me, though: Kinetic hammers/super sledges.  Any plans to allow for crafting them?

Yep. The next update will be the last for the Ministry of Wartime Technology arc, and will include any conventional weapons and non-magical weapons research that are still missing. It's going to be at least a week or two before I start, so any suggestions for conventional weapons you would like to see added are welcome. :)

As I won't be able to play much this week, I'd also like to know about any bugs or other issues found in the current version.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2012, 04:43:14 pm »

Hmm... how about medium and heavy caliber pistols?  .223 and gauss pistols, perhaps?

I haven't run across anything that jumps out as a reliable bug, though I have been seeing some oddities in various evil embarks.  Not all have the good salvage trees, though I haven't tried to duplicate it in the new version.  I'll fiddle around and see if it still happens.

Edit

Looks like there are occasional evil places without the good stuff, but I have no idea why.  It looks like simply sinister places tend to not have the high quality stuff, haunted has some, and terrifying has a lot.  Unsure if it's a bug or feature :P  Another issue, though it could easily be me failing at equipment, is that my ponies don't seem to equip security boots, even if I tell them to replace clothing.  Power armor/helm/boots seem to work, as do combat, but security is being weird.  Could be a bug, or it could be me failing at equipment.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 05:14:53 pm by Khenal »
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2012, 05:38:02 pm »

Medium and heavy caliber pistols would essentially be identical to combat and anti-machine rifles, so I didn't include them.

Some evil areas will not have high-quality salvage, either due to biomes (deserts and badlands tend to have less or no salvage period) or bad luck, but terrifying evil areas should have the most.

As for security boots, quick testing shows that ponies will indeed wear them. Have you tried assigning specific boots instead of choosing the general security boot option?
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2012, 05:58:37 pm »

The only way I got my ponies to wear security boots was having them replace clothing rather than try to wear over normal clothing.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2012, 06:06:39 pm »

Yeah; critters with more than two legs don't wear boots normally. I replace their normal clothes with the military outfit and assign specific armors just to be sure, and toss a jumpsuit in there to avoid most of the unclothed bad thoughts.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2012, 10:34:19 pm »

As far as requests go, you think you could add a reaction that lets you break ropes down back into thread? It would be a lifesaver ;p

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2012, 10:45:38 pm »

Broken/destroyed terminals aren't working for salvage for me.  I saw it was moved to the workbench, but it doesn't seem to want to accept them.  Similarly, I don't see a way to melt or use the green glass shards form salvaging either?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 210