Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Alright, Im really full of ideas.  (Read 19654 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: Alright, Im really full of ideas.
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2013, 04:08:09 pm »

That reminds me of something someone else suggested a little while ago. Skill trickle down. Where getting a skill-up in one weapons skill helps other skills a little, I think it go like this.

Heavy Weapons: Rifle.
Rifle: SMG. Shotgun.
SMG: Pistol.
Pistol: SMG.

I think that for every on skill-up, they should get like 0.50 points to the weapons skill that would be effected by the skill.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2013, 06:00:43 pm »

That reminds me of something someone else suggested a little while ago. Skill trickle down. Where getting a skill-up in one weapons skill helps other skills a little, I think it go like this.

I think that for every on skill-up, they should get like 0.50 points to the weapons skill that would be effected by the skill.
Cataclysm has generic Firearms & Melee skills that support this concept: using the relevant attack boosts both the specific (Pistol/Unarmed, for instance) and the general skill; however, the general skill isn't as effective as the specific.

Direct effects seem fairly powerful by comparison, and I'm thinking that some of them don't necessarily fit as well.  Shotgun/Rifle cross-pollinating might work; SMG and Pistol are distinctly different with the basic guns (the MP5 has a stock, whether fixed or retractable; handguns don't, and the .44/.38 are revolvers anyway so the recoil force should be substantially different).

Perhaps have cross-pollination cap at 2 or somesuch, similar to the proposed firing range?

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2013, 06:43:42 pm »

Cataclysm has generic Firearms & Melee skills that support this concept: using the relevant attack boosts both the specific (Pistol/Unarmed, for instance) and the general skill; however, the general skill isn't as effective as the specific.

Direct effects seem fairly powerful by comparison, and I'm thinking that some of them don't necessarily fit as well.  Shotgun/Rifle cross-pollinating might work; SMG and Pistol are distinctly different with the basic guns (the MP5 has a stock, whether fixed or retractable; handguns don't, and the .44/.38 are revolvers anyway so the recoil force should be substantially different).

Perhaps have cross-pollination cap at 2 or somesuch, similar to the proposed firing range?
But pistols and SMG, like the Uzi (that isn't in the game) and pistols have similar handling and shapes. But I guess MP5's and pistols don't really work the same so maybe it doesn't work.

I don't really see the point of cross pollinating skills if it only gets it to such a low number. I average agility, and max skill for guns, is about 19, I find, at 1000 juice. That would be 9.50 rifle skill roughly, not to high compared to 19 rifle skill, and the boost would help when they run out of ammo at places where SMGs are plentiful, like the prison where you can get MP5's from dead guards.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2013, 07:49:52 pm »

I had an idea. When you go to the prison, theres three floors, representing the level of security they were in. On the top floor is supposed to be Death Row, I was thinking there could be a tile where you go into death row and smash it up, the equipment used is based on the laws.

The Liberal breaking into death row and smash all the gallows and guillotine they can find.
The Liberals break into death row and destroys the electric chairs inside.
The Liberals break into death row and breaks the poison injector.
The Liberals break into death row and gets rid of anything they may have used on the rare occasions they killed someone.
The Liberals break into what used to be death row and get rid of any evidence they can find that there even used to be a death row.

Someone1214

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2013, 08:43:47 pm »

I had an idea. When you go to the prison, theres three floors, representing the level of security they were in. On the top floor is supposed to be Death Row, I was thinking there could be a tile where you go into death row and smash it up, the equipment used is based on the laws.

The Liberal breaking into death row and smash all the gallows and guillotine they can find.
The Liberals break into death row and gets rid of anything they may have used on the rare occasions they killed someone.
The Liberals break into what used to be death row and get rid of any evidence they can find that there even used to be a death row.
I like this.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2013, 03:02:35 am »

1. I think it would be a cool idea if every once in a while there was a "Health" roll to see if someone gets sick or an "Agility" check to see if someone gets hurt while doing stuff. Meaning at random times a prompt that says something like-
"Green Warrior hasn't been taking care of himself and has a heart attack!"
-that. And if they pass the "Health" roll, a prompt shouldn't pop up, and failing an "Agility" roll would look like-
"Green Warrior fell down so stairs and broke some bones!"
-this, with some more prompts of course, and some comical ones of course, it IS LCS.

2. I always though fighting in LCS was a little cut and dry, so the idea of guns being able to jam came into my mind, a few updates ago actually, I just never brought it up. I think that it would be cool if swords could get dull after a while, and they would need to go have the blade sharpened.

3. Something I never liked is that bodies just stay in your safehouses forever, I think that after a while that bodies should decompose, making it so when cops raid a safehouse and find the bodies, they can't tell who, so the liberal above them doesn't lose juice. But so its not so OP they should only decompose very slowly.

4. I always found that healing liberals in the safehouse with no special room was a little unrealistic. If you removed a bullet from someone's body in just any old room, theres a very big chance that the wound would get infected, so I though of an option to buy a special room under the safehouse menu, but since safehouse upgrades can seem expensive at the beginning, where fighters are most likely to get hurt while trying skills, I think it should only make healing faster in that safehouse.

5. I know Im not the first person to suggest this and I probably won't be the last, but I like the idea of gambling in LCS. I had two ideas for this though, two different ways to do it. One way being an active via the action menu, the other being a special location on the edge of town. I also think there should be a skill for it, as well as an option in the begining of the game to help get a skill boost at the start of the game.

6. One thing Ive been thinking, but seemed WAY to over-powered, are ways for you to train your special skills like strength, agility, etc. I can't remember all the special skills at the moment, so I can't really give ideas on what would make them improve, but Ill try to remember to get back to this.

7. I think it would be a cool idea if female liberals could get pregnant during prostitution, and based on juice they weould either stay or leave the LCS. And if abortion laws are Liberal enough, they could get an abortion as well, but they have to have a certain amount of heart to actually go through with an abortion for the LCS. But, if they don't get an abortion, after 9 months where the liberal could do pretty much nothing but sit around, you would gain a 0 y/o liberal with no skills, and no actions until they get old enough to do stuff.

8. Kind of similar to that, I think there should be a way to adopt animals, like dogs and cats, and if polution and nuclear laws are at C+ you should be able to adopt, expensive, genetic monsters. But I also think that at C+ animal rights, it should be a place where people go to torture and beat animals for fun, and you can rescue animals from there. I think to do that, it should be a map where you could buy into an area behind a locked door, where cages are, and free them from there. But after at least C laws, you should be able to go back there for free and choose what animals you want to adopt.

9. Another cool thing I think that could be done, is that at C+ gun laws, you could be able to buy REALLY expensive tanks from the car dealership.
So, this is a list of ideas I had in the past, some of which were discussed and some of which that were actually left in the dust. Since I fear it will pop up again, I still don't see what the pregnancy thing has to do with feminism, and Id rather keep that discussion down, not only that but Fox said he couldn't see himself using it, I just wanted to bring this list back as a whole.

I had the idea for legal money making.
You could have someone go out and teach a political science class, and you gain money based on Teaching and Persuation. While also gaining money, it would also help with liberal mood if done well enough.
So, looking back I also had another idea, I think it wasn't discussed enough, and I still think it could be a good thing to put into LCS.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:09:04 am by Jboy2000000 »

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2013, 03:55:39 am »

I'd object to the last one. The LCS doesn't want people to forget that there was a death row, they want it weighing on the conscience of everybody in the country. That's why at L+ nuclear laws, sabotaging the nuclear waste facility releases it into the water supply, not keeps it far away from everybody.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2013, 05:19:56 pm »

Maybe something like this?
The Liberal Crime Squad breaks into what used to be death row and executes a criminal and records it, then spreads the videos all over.
And then people would like the LCS less like when you drop toxic waste in the water.

NikGreek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2013, 05:05:53 am »

First of all, hello to everybody in the forums.
There are 3 things that i feel will make the game a lot faster and more fun to play
A) Options in the persuasion/seduction menus that say:
1)Talk to this person until able to recruit (with props or not)
2)Talk to this person until you have nothing to learn from their expert knowledge (everything they have over 4) (props or not again)
3)Go after until seduced (money, no money, repeat vacations)
and don't interrupt the game again for those meetings unless they fail or recruit/seduce
B)An option to hide or show hacking/ clothes making/ clothes repair
C)A wait for the rest of the month option.(unless siege or arrest attempt or elections)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2013, 05:42:51 am »

I would like to expand on this and say that an option to stop newspaper articles from appearing would be swell, as if one wants lots of time to pass quickly, newspapers sop you form just holding down w.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2013, 09:36:24 am »

I would like to expand on this and say that an option to stop newspaper articles from appearing would be swell, as if one wants lots of time to pass quickly, newspapers sop you form just holding down w.
I second the motion.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2013, 03:41:45 pm »

I second the motion.

I vote yay.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2013, 04:12:12 pm »

I second the motion.

I vote yay.

I'm indifferent, but I'm going to vote yes anyway.
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

NikGreek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2013, 12:48:02 pm »

While we are at it, assigning M for the sleeper menu should  be pretty easy, and it would stop you from going 2 steps back when you hold b for meetings to train persuasion. I would like a mechanic that would stop you from training persuasion to 20 from meetings with crackheads , but that is another issue altogether and maybe not worth it.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2013, 04:42:10 pm »

I second the motion.

I vote yay.

I'm indifferent, but I'm going to vote yes anyway.
Problem if the Newspaper pollutes the public's mind with Wisdom!!!.  (As in, Pro-reagan book, trendy fashions, New Jobs, etc.)  Oppose.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11