Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 524612 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2016, 12:50:27 pm »

I didn't know we had a pack of Courage Wolves with us.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2016, 01:00:23 pm »

I didn't know we had a pack of Courage Wolves with us.

I always start my fortresses with dogs at the entrance so they protect from baby snatchers or thieves. Rather effective too. I make them female and male so that they can make some babies.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2016, 01:25:58 pm »

Imic was walking through the fortress, on break from his work. He was looking for a certain fourmite. After going through most of the fortress, he returned to the meeting area, where he found the fourmite in auestion.
'Hello, there. My name is Imic, may I ask yours?'
'Erin... Is my name.'
'You were a... Magitechnologist? Wasn't that it?'
'Magitechnicion.'
'Yes, that was it... I have a question.'
'Yes?'
'Well, you see. Um... I... Am intrested in magitech...'
'Yes...'
'Well, you see...'
'Mhm?'
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
'I... Will consult with Apiks. On whether or not you are needed for anything else.'
He mainly said this out of bewilderment from a large dwarf dropping on his knees and yelling...
'Thaaaaank you soooo much...'
Edit: magitechnicion, not magicechnition
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 03:52:33 pm by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2016, 02:05:37 pm »

Yah-hah, yes!

So. First order of business, we need to set it up so that anybody trying to enter the fort without permission gets flooded off into the moat. Actually, first order of business is to make a moat, and line the bottom with grates so that we can recycle the water. Then set up the flood trap. After that, we can have a zombie mosh-pit moat!

Anyway, other things. Yes, the dream traps. We'll need 1 wooden ring - about the size of your head - per room, and put strings around it. It should look kinda like a spiderweb when you're done. Also, include little pieces of glass. Dream faeries are like magpies, they like shiny things, and glass looks like gems, they're good bait.
What do you mean, it sounds absurd? This is magic! Symbolism is the basis of all magic! Function follows form, don't you know that?

Alright, we'll also need some cannons. You take a big tube, stick a wee demon in the bottom, and pull its tail out the back. But not any of the rest of the demon, then you just have an angry demon, and they're a pain. Then you just stick a cannonball in the front, and just give the demon's tail a yank whenever you want to send the thing flying.

Ah, undead stuff, okay. Fire. Fire is ALWAYS a good thing when dealing with undead. We need to enchant the bows to shoot flaming arrows. Okay, here's what you do:
  • Get wooden arrows, and lodge a piece of iron just behind the arrowhead.
  • Set them to rest with the arrowheads in a beer keg. This is a sacrifice of alcohol to the djinn; they will not give your bows fireyness if you do not do this.
  • Attach a metal bar to the bows, with a piece of rough flint on the end.
When using the bows, you must (MUST!) start with the arrowhead being up against the piece of flint. Otherwise, the djinn will not deign you worthy enough to be worth setting your projectiles aflame, and you will simply have zombies with arrows sticking out of them! That would not be good! Of course, it does take practice to do it right; the djinn are VERY specific, and so you must have the arrows and the flint hit each other in a VERY specific way, or it will not work! A good sign of the djinns' approval is if you see sparks when you fire the bow. A very good sign is if when you fire the bow, the arrow has been fireyed.

Anyway. Ummm....
Oh, you want to know what this thing is? Why, it's my most recent project! If used correctly, it shou[thing explodes into a bunch of pieces, denting the walls but thankfully not hurting anyone]

I'll put that in the list of "designs that work better as grenades". Back to the drawing board, then.

Oh, hey, you have courage wolves? How would you like a cyborg courage wolf? Just need a couple mechanisms, a seeing-eye gem, copper wires, a small ballista... what's that? Ballista aren't small? Well of course not, normal ballista aren't, but these would be small ones! Like those over there! [points at a rack of crossbows]

Out of character... yes. This is awesome. And that detail about needing to be doing something with his hands at all times is exactly how I imagined him. Largely because that's how I am too.

And yes, I plan on roleplaying this guy as someone who flies in the face of all logic and reason for the sake of cool stuff and absurd mechanisms. Or, as I like to put it, he's the guy who'll be building the Friend Computer in the fort in secret because he feels like it, and then, when discovered, calmly state that he has no idea what you're talking about, while continuing to build the thing right in front of your face.

So, yes. Anyways. This is awesomesauce. 'Tis glorious.

By the way, what were those civs he was a former member of, and why did he leave them? For that matter, why has he had to leave civs multiple times?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:24:44 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2016, 02:07:47 pm »

Dammit, The forgot to read the turn lost. That happened before he became the overseer.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2016, 02:08:00 pm »

Imic was walking through the fortress, on break from his work. He was looking for a certain fourmite. After going through most of the fortress, he returned to the meeting area, where he found the fourmite in auestion.
'Hello, there. My name is Imic, may I ask yours?'
'Erin... Is my name.'
'You were a... Magitechnologist? Wasn't that it?'
'Magitechnition.'
'Yes, that was it... I have a question.'
'Yes?'
'Well, you see. Um... I... Am intrested in magitech...'
'Yes...'
'Well, you see...'
'Mhm?'
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
'I... Will consult with Apiks. On whether or not you are needed for anything else.'
He mainly said this out of bewilderment from a large dwarf dropping on his knees and yelling...
'Thaaaaank you soooo much...'

We are going to need twelve rubies, fifteen cubic kilograms of copper wire, one bottled thermonuclear catsplosion, and a baby dragon. Get to work.

EDIT: Also: Magitechnician. You take "magic", and you take "technician", and you add them together, and it's "magitechnician". C, not T.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 02:29:04 pm by Glass »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2016, 07:10:08 pm »

The holiday exemption vote has failed to pass due to a lack of support in proportion to individuals following this thread. Holidays will retain their position of being a part of the turn period.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2016, 07:24:14 pm »

:(
Well, it won't really be affecting me, but I still feel it's kinda unfortunate.
If people voice that they want the rule change now, can it still happen?

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2016, 07:27:54 pm »

:(
Well, it won't really be affecting me, but I still feel it's kinda unfortunate.
If people voice that they want the rule change now, can it still happen?

Yes, it is still up to debate. We need 6 people to voice their agreement before it is inaugurated. So far only 3 have.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2016, 09:19:55 pm »

Counted among the people who posted in this thread, or among the prospective overseers?

If the first, I guess I'll give my nod. Sure, if that provides for better stories.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 22, 2016, 01:08:16 am »

Also, nobody seems to be against the rule. There was just one person who didn't care, everyone else who spoke up supports it. And of course, people really shouldn't need to skip holidays just to post for us.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2016, 01:32:26 am »

I support it too, by the way.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2016, 02:01:00 am »

I support the rule.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 22, 2016, 09:19:38 am »

Hey, apiks, I just noticed that the "How this succession fort came to be" spoiler in the title post refers to this as the third installment. I think that you need to change that, at least a little, to show that this is NecroThreat IV.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 22, 2016, 09:55:54 am »

Hey, apiks, I just noticed that the "How this succession fort came to be" spoiler in the title post refers to this as the third installment. I think that you need to change that, at least a little, to show that this is NecroThreat IV.

Hah, I hadn't noticed that since I keep the same "how this fort came to be" every fort since NC1. Thanks for telling me.

The vote on the holiday exemption has passed with enough votes now.
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 202