Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1560570 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title
« Reply #13035 on: November 10, 2023, 10:35:48 am »

I think its a result of your recent viewing habits.

I watch a couple of dedicated game streamers (and only those couple), music, somewhitehouse/financial/news streams, a couple of horror movie reviewers, some channels that teach through humor or parody, and the occassional recommended video from YT that ranges from 'watch stuff get crushed by a hydraulic press' to, well, the stuff that randos on forums like this push.  occassionally I watch a video about something completely out of my range like anime or w.e.

Im subscribed to a lot more academic channels than I currently watch as well, as well as several defunct channels

I get a couple of the videos shown above, but I dont usually click on them.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title
« Reply #13036 on: November 25, 2023, 12:53:09 pm »

Going through some very old photos. Cats will be cats.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #13037 on: November 25, 2023, 07:00:00 pm »

This is how you look like if you believe that a 40 trillion ton supply of ore, that would last us a bandaid 200 years, and leave us with 3,6 billion tons of "intermediate-level waste" and "high-level waste".... (that we need to manage for longer than the pyramids have existed, try to extrapolate payroll calculations over a period long as human history, just for shits and giggles) - that this narrow value optimisation could constitute the end all be all solution to the all encompassing META CRISIS.

People will do anything for clout. People drinking bleach, 1l of vodka, live parasites... All for internet clout. Here today, gone tomorrow
Reminds me, a friend of mine drank bleach to get out of a test, and it didn’t even work.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #13038 on: December 04, 2023, 04:19:39 pm »

Some silliness and not from Princess: the Hopeful, an out-of-hand joke on putting Madoka in World of Darkness:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Got to say, for all the hilarity of the idea, I have even more trouble mentally putting the two together after reading through the book than before. WoD, as far as I can tell from Bloodlines and mentions on this forum, is pretty down to earth kind of foul. Yet those here megucas are, at least initially, a step away from being all-good AND "all-high", and their primary enemies are, as usual, otherworldly beasts of distilled malice. And said beasts tend to gradually corrupt people into more of themselves, as well as be spawned by acts of severe villainy, giving it all a hint of "It wasn't me, I was posessed by demon!"

By association with it's less gruesome parts I looped back to remembering Higanbana no saku yoru ni and it's pitch-black humor. There is something very funny and satisfying about a gang of man-eating in-hell-imprisoning devils on several occasions eating people from sheer disgust at their behavior.

EDIT: Odd of them to say "Please note that as of 24 April 2022, parts of this Wiki are Very Very Out Of Date. Prospective players are instead highly recommended to check out the books themselves, either from the link below, or from the DIscord server". Last I checked, no one on this server even remembered the original subject anymore.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 04:55:02 pm by MCreeper »

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13039 on: December 14, 2023, 04:46:45 pm »

I love these "financial advice" articles that show up on some financial sites. Like "My Dad left me $200k in an IRA, but I'm in the 35% tax bracket, how should I manage my withdrawals?"

This is hilarious because as a single filer you need an AGI over $231k/year to be in the 35% tax bracket (and more than a whopping $462k/year if married filing jointly).  So if that's a single filer you're already in like the 96th percentile for income, and you're worrying about tax implications of getting a $200k windfall.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13040 on: December 14, 2023, 06:58:04 pm »

stupid idea: someone who is viciously empathetic and supportive

"I DON'T WANT YOU HERE! GO BACK HOME! Where it's warm, safe and comfortable. You've worked too hard today and need to focus on yourself."

"DID I HURT YOUR FEELINGS SNOWFLAKE? I'm really sorry, that was careless of me. How can I make it right?"

"DO YOU THINK YOU'RE SO SPECIAL HUH?" [presents box of chocolates with card addressed "because you're special to me"]

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13041 on: December 15, 2023, 04:43:36 am »

Sounds like someone that'd kill you with kindness.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13042 on: December 18, 2023, 09:25:43 am »

I hear people complain about invasive adds knowing what they said or whatever. Do you guys have it?

I personally don't. I get adds targeted towards woman like pads and womans clothes (I am a man), some deodorant adds (I never use deodorants.), and other random garbage that is in no way associated with me.

I am imagining that whatever profiling algorithm there is has a very fucked up profile of me and is constantly stumpted by the inexplicability of my actions on the internet.

"What does this person like? Blankets? Condoms? Bread? Cookies? Are they a man or a woman? Is this thing even human?!"
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13043 on: December 18, 2023, 09:41:54 am »

*Laughs in NoScript, VPN and uBlock Origin*
Most data isn't gathered from user accounts. The real data gathering happens at the internet traffic level. But whoops, you can't get anything off of my browser, and i have no consistent IP address. Anything gathered on me is worthless, because it can't be associated with an identity. And wherever i can, i sign up using temporary email addresses. Basically, any of the few ads i do see, (mostly on YouTube, because those fucking cockroaches just won't stay blocked properly) are based solely on my current IP address and basically untargeted. Like i get ads for the most random stuff too, like fucking detergents, in Norwegian.
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13044 on: December 18, 2023, 03:01:43 pm »

Youtube's been remarkably unobtrusive for me just with firefox + ghostery and enhancer for youtube's adblock.

... though considering a number of folks with a similar setup have reported otherwise, I'm rather strongly starting to suspect it's because I have high contrast going. Accessibility options being on breaks quite a few websites to one extent or another. Very, very few designers seem to bother to see if their website fully functions with one going.

Usually it's kinda' low-key irritating because it's a regular reminder folks really don't give much of a damn about people that actually need the things and aren't just using it for convenience (I'm mostly just using it as an alternate color scheme that's on a system hotkey), but sometimes it works out in your favor, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13045 on: December 19, 2023, 03:13:02 am »

The way I avoid the ads on youtube is to just download the video then watch it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13046 on: December 19, 2023, 05:31:27 am »

Adblock plus / Freetube / Downloading all good methods

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13047 on: December 19, 2023, 07:06:45 am »

Somebody told.me a really nice trick, duckduckgo let's you watch youtube on their site, embedded like you posted it on social media... Can be hard to find any video it doesn't respond the best to links, so you need to search for the titles... But for low commitment trash it's perfect: need to browse a bunch of stuff in order to find a 5 second bit, like game footage (something notoriously adriddled, because there is degrees to how bad it can get) without losing 45 seconds for every interaction with the YT UI.
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13049 on: December 21, 2023, 06:36:39 am »

War Thunder leaks. Again.
Least powerful gamers vs most powerful military industrial complex
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 879