Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 102032 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 1: Murder At The Docks
« Reply #330 on: November 06, 2013, 10:30:21 pm »

I think we both got it wrong actually.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Ockham%27s_Razor
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 06, 2013, 10:32:10 pm »

Goodgods. Occam's Razor! It's following the simplest solution in the presence of a problem, to say bluntly.

On the note of that. Nerjin using birdy's vote (against him, to be specific) details quite a lot on him. Nerjin: You're DARN sure he's scum, aye? What made you think so? From where did you begin suspecting him?

I will have a lot to browse through tomorrow. >_<

PPE: That's..exactly the basic premise of the razor.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 06, 2013, 10:33:15 pm »

Blargh. Ok, pressured here. How long until final day end?!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 06, 2013, 10:34:03 pm »

Blargh. Ok, pressured here. How long until final day end?!

26 minute and counting! Quickly, read all the posts! Hurry! Hurry!
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 06, 2013, 10:40:09 pm »

He is my second scum pick and the way he voted me with no real reasoning cemented that. I would not have used this power so early if I were not certain of it.

That said Extend you people better use it this time if it comes around.

I don't know if I'm able to switch vote targets honestly. I'll ask Web.

Is pretty color on black background

@Tiriun: I've stated my case on Birdy AND Iqovian several times. Check my postraveganzas for more detail if you'd like.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 06, 2013, 10:43:59 pm »

If any two players switch from Birdy to TolyK and -no one else- votes for Birdy -  then TolyK will be the lynch.

Even if Nerjin cannot move his stolen vote, I expect Nerjin can still move his own vote.

Cheeetar has said he'd rather see a TolyK lynch now than a Birdy lynch.  Cheeetar's currently voting Birdy.  If a second person, already voting for Birdy or not votes TolyK, then Birdy lives and TolyK dies today.

Because Birdy has 4 votes, and TolyK 2.  If Birdy loses Cheeetar, who switches to TolyK, that ties the votes, both have 3.  Any other person voting for TolyK takes TolyK to 4, even if that vote doesn't come from Birdy's count.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 06, 2013, 10:51:12 pm »

Dammit. I can't analyze that fast! Read it, sure. Fine. Probably. 26 MINUTES IS A LONG TIME AHAHAHAHA
Greeaaat...

TolyK. I can't (..as in, didn't check deeply back) to wonder on why the whole fight drills down to one or the other. My notes on the occurrence in itself would state that Nerjin is either sure birdy should die-wherein said context would lie on the best probably idea: 'He's scum and I'm SURE of it' or Nerjin is a lyncher with a double vote.

GIVEN birdy's last words (presumably) I don't detect any sort of plea or appeal to emotions. I detect sincerity along his side on the 'if I die...' prospect on aiding town. Sure, I don't know if he's town or not, but his plea is. . .too innocent(?) to sound like either scum/third-party giving up and all that other stuff on veiled suspicion and such.

Nerjin's smooth talking. Ok this is when he said his point and ability. Probably a fake-name claim because having a bluff skill that high would..convince the target to vote himself in remorse? Uh, ok. Most probably a fake-name given the context of smooth talking (him losing a vote, nerjin GAINING a vote? That ISN'T smooth-talking.)
birdy's claim. Interesting. A claim on an inspect, with a newscaster as a premise. Probably an appeal to efficiency given how inspects are mostly always a convincing tool (yeah I'm biased because of that ONE GAME Witches Coven). While the context of inspects differ there from here, the difference is he withheld claiming it in exacts. Why would someone do this in lieu of death? Because its real, is the best logical answer to be had.

...And as I'm reading back I find that Nerjin's voting Birdy because he wants to avoid a tie, of all primary reasons. Is that you suspect him, a lesser priority for you to note that Nerjin? Blargh this. I'm typing my thoughts out at 60wpm.

But the scumminess remains. He's your second scum pick. What about REINFORCING THE CASE ON YOUR FIRST?! That came off to me as an excuse given some kind of veiled motive there. It's a strong move, but...confusing given how you explained it. What it seems to me: Double voter uses power to hit secondary target instead of getting primary suspect on the line. Reason: Wasting time(?). How is that possible when people can ask for extends or debate about the matter?
If so, then that's a really risky move as scum to do as it..levels quite a lot of suspicion on you. Something else is there with you Nerjin, but its vague as far as I can see.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 06, 2013, 10:55:10 pm »

Unvote Birdy51, vote TolyK.
Here's hoping I'm not majorly screwing up with the last minute revision to my vote.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 06, 2013, 10:56:47 pm »

You fucker!

Tolyk, Tolyk

No ties!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 06, 2013, 10:57:37 pm »

Nerjin's smooth talking. Ok this is when he said his point and ability. Probably a fake-name claim because having a bluff skill that high would..convince the target to vote himself in remorse? Uh, ok. Most probably a fake-name given the context of smooth talking (him losing a vote, nerjin GAINING a vote? That ISN'T smooth-talking.)

I think smooth-talking is persuading somebody to vote for somebody else. I don't think Nerjin mentioned that they had to vote for themselves, only that they had to be voting for him for him to be able to change the vote.
I've played some mafia.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 06, 2013, 10:58:28 pm »

I can ABSOLUTELY not fucking believe the two of you! You'd tie up the vote this close to day end when most people won't be able to react to it!? What the hell!? WHAT IS YOUR REASONING FOR THIS!?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 06, 2013, 10:58:37 pm »

I think our work this day is done, other than watching for any other last moment changes that anyone might do.  Thank you all for supporting my suspicion, I do hope we have lynched Scum this day...

Nerjin, Thanks but it's safe - vote count stands like this now (assuming you cannot move your stolen vote:

2 votes birdy51 - TheWetSheep, Nerjin
5 votes TolyK - Shakerag, Imp, Tiruin, Cheeetar, Nerjin

Before it was 3 to 4, still a somewhat safe clear lynch.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 06, 2013, 10:58:51 pm »

You fucker!

Tolyk, Tolyk

No ties!

It wouldn't've tied anyway. Before you changed your votes, it was 3 on Birdy and 4 on Toly.
I've played some mafia.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 06, 2013, 10:59:20 pm »

In today's news, local village idiot escapes lynch. Holy crap. More news at 11.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 06, 2013, 11:00:25 pm »

APPEND:
Justified anger Nerjin. That isn't good. However the context follows the notion of...inactivity being Birdy's reason? Seriously? Ignoring other snaps at other people and focusing the viewpoint on Nerjin and birdy..I find it weird how you see birdy, N. As your posts preceeding the note and vote on him are mostly on other people. This post addresses the current target, on a question that is mostly trivial - rude to have left unanswered, yes, but still, it doesn't connect him to being scum in that context.
“Why did you ask Cheetar if he was satisfied with his role?”
The quote dictates the question as far as I see it, and I don't or can't see any kind of detail linking birdy with scum on that kind of note. Which seems more like a query out of RVS and curiosity than note. Granted, I also note some kind of anger--RL affecting your current state, as my best guess--in posts noted on you. Iqovian's post seems to also have upset you.

Though I apologize on the note I have given here. It won't occur during today, I fear. Though i am able to play-my reason being that if I do make a replacement, it would just make the game harder on for everyone combined.

CLARIFYING:
TolyK, Tiruin, Toaster lurker tracker says you three still aren't voting. Day ends today and you haven't even committed to a case yet? If you have an ability which precludes you from voting then just say and tell us who you would have picked.
I have no restrictions on my profile at all, or anything which precludes me from doing such and such. It is RL.

PPE: 7 replies?!

You fucker!

Tolyk, Tolyk

No ties!
...Bloody hell. Wh. Why. What.

In today's news, local village idiot escapes lynch. Holy crap. More news at 11.
...?!What?! You're a village idiot?!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 48