Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214402 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 7
« Reply #255 on: October 16, 2017, 08:34:34 am »

I keep waiting for explosions of corpses and being surprised when this does not happen, although pleasantly surprised.
Yeah the only person who has died was the one who rolled three 1's in a row
Nakéen is very kind GM. Just check first game casualties - just 7-8 from total 31 monsters (8 inactive) during ~1 year of active play (around 100 turns and subturns).

Although I do hope there would be more deaths in near future.
I would like to get back in so I agree with you
[As the guy who is generally screwed by dice and when having died, died again after 4 rounds in the previous game, I disagree.]
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:36:29 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 16, 2017, 08:47:08 am »

I keep waiting for explosions of corpses and being surprised when this does not happen, although pleasantly surprised.
Nakéen is very kind GM. Just check first game casualties - just 7-8 from total 31 monsters (8 inactive) during ~1 year of active play (around 100 turns and subturns).

I am mostly just bummed that I made art for this prematurley.
Can I see said art please? 
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 16, 2017, 09:08:12 am »

[As the guy who is generally screwed by dice and when having died, died again after 4 rounds in the previous game, I disagree.]
Well, you actually was able to come back with same char (only to die again)? Nakéen is kind. Only dice are merciless.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 16, 2017, 09:42:04 am »

Well, you actually was able to come back with same char (only to die again)? Nakéen is kind. Only dice are merciless.
[That I do agree on. What I disagreed on is 'more deaths'. Unless it's you guys dying instead.]
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 17, 2017, 02:40:11 am »

I am mostly just bummed that I made art for this prematurley.
Can I see said art please?

Sure as soon as I figure out if there is a way of uploading it here without hving to go through a third party website.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 17, 2017, 08:03:42 am »

Sure as soon as I figure out if there is a way of uploading it here without hving to go through a third party website.
There isn't a way to do so unless you have your own server.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 17, 2017, 05:57:35 pm »

There isn't a way to do so unless you have your own server.

Oh, well that's a problem given how photobucket has been acting recently....

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 17, 2017, 06:10:33 pm »

Imgur is always an option

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 18, 2017, 07:33:48 am »

Well, I will try that when it's complete as I have not finished the left hand and right foot.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2017, 04:00:31 pm »

Just a head-up. Turn is slowly coming, I was a bit more busy than expected. I will try to finish it today!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 20, 2017, 12:53:11 am »

https://imgur.com/a/IrNIU

Here you can observe me a terrible artist in their natural habitat, sharing atrocius art on the internet.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 20, 2017, 01:14:44 am »

Turn 8:

Turn 7

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
"Uh oh", Skee thought, "I have a feeling this might not have been the best idea...". Skee ran away as fast as he could. That thing probably didn't even know it was there, as it couldn't see and only tracked slime pheromones, but you can never be too cautious. Once he was in the clear, Skee began to look for a new host, preferably one that wasn't a useless moving puddle of gross icky stuff.

Run Away:
Action Roll (Diff 15): [20] -Critical Success-

The Omniphage either didn't notice you, or was uninterested in you. It just engulfed the remains of the Jungle Slime whole, dissolving them into healthy nutrients. You made a run for it, leaving the feasting goo far behind...

Looking for a host:
Action Roll (Diff 12): [19]
Outcome Roll: [2] -Success-

Once you were sure no danger was threatening your life, you started searching the jungle for a more suitable hosts. Disregarding small animals and creatures, your search eventually bore fruits.

On one of the many massive trunks of the jungle trees, you spotted a large deep brown shape. Upon closer, it looked like some sort of giant bat, with its four limbs ending with claws. Its very sleek fur glistened under the scarce rays of sunlight breaking through the canopy.

It was more muscular than one would imagine, and its limbs seemed also fit for running.

You didn't move, and just observed. Suddenly the creature sensed a brush southwest from you, and leapt instantly with shocking agility. You just heard the leafage brushing, but no sound of landing or screaming.

Silently moving closer to the area where the creature disappeared, you then saw it with a small lemur-like animal in its jaw. It then started devouring it, all the while staying visibly alert.

Intentions unknown:
-Young Junbara: Feasting

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy, the Omnislime (Coolrune206)
Squelchy attempts to use Glimmering Hope to boost his natural regenerative abilities. He then wanders over to his compatriots and begins dissolving the webs covering them.

Glimmering Hope (Regeneration):
Action Roll (Diff 5): [9]-2 (Badly Wounded (-2))
Outcome Roll: [6] -Overshoot-

You summoned your remaining light through Glimmering Hope, intending to boost your regenerative abilities. But your regeneration went overboard, and consummed all your remaining light to fully regenerate you.

There was an intense flash, after which your body was as pristine as this morning. But you were feeling terribly exhausted, your whole body seeming heavier than usual.

All your mana consummed
HP fully recovered, wounds healed
Glimmering Hope Backlash (No Light)
No longer Full

You hauled your body toward your fellow slimes position. They were barely responsive anymore, but still very much alive. Their lives didn't seem threatened by whatever was making them so lethargic, but staying there in this weakened state was definitely dangerous.

Dissolve Arachnastinian Webs:
Action Roll (Diff 16): [18]-8 (Glimmering Hope Backlash (-4) Greatly Exhausted (-4))
Outcome Roll: [4] -Failure-

You started dissolving the webs trapping your slimy friends. But first off, you noticed that Gloup and Zed enzymes were already all over their respective webs. These webs must have been very resistant to dissolution. Thinking about it, you broke through with brute strength, and you weren't sure you would be able to do this in your exhausted state.

What was the best solution?

Hostile:
-Arachnastinian: formed a slingshot with web+front spider legs / Dead

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

The Azarian Project, the Thoughling (Dustan Hache)
okay, not cool. Devour the mind of the one that said to kill me, and try to dart past them and get away before they can.

Mind Eater:
Combat Roll (Int 1 vs Ind 1): [11]-2 (Badly Wounded (-2)) vs [9]
Critical Roll: [8] -Normal Attack-

You didn't appreciate what you heard. Instantly reaching out to the rusted skeleton's mind, you devoured a large part of its mind. The undead let out a pained and incoherent scream as part of its mind was devoured. The skeleton fell to its knees, barely staying conscious.

Unfortunately, the surrounding undead immediately reacted. They lunged and rushed toward the Azarian Project, aiming their bonemetal blades and spears at the Thoughtling.

Escaping from a spiky situation:
Action Roll (Diff 20): [6]
Outcome Roll: [6] -Partial Success-

You miraculously managed to dodge the blades and spears, and attempted to scram toward an exit. But you were surrounded, and now the Colossus also started moving toward you.

You had lost your only attempt at escaping. All hope of survival was lost, and you ended up skewered and cleaved by many weapons of metal and bones.

The Azarian Project, the Thoughling has died, executed by Metal Skellies

Hostile:
-Colossus
-Dozen Bonemetal Warriors
-Rusted Bonemetal Swordsmaster

Neophytos the Sole Survivor, Psychic Pain Spider (randomgenericusername)
I was born in the northen forests. But the forest is just ashes now and my friends are burnt corpses. All burn. We were invaded by the demons from the mountains and we don't have a home anymore.
We need a place to live. I'm sorry but we had no choice.

If it becomes hostile we kill it with multiple mind blasts. If it stays neutral or friendly, keep talking.

Avoiding Attention:
Action Roll (Diff 5): [12]
Outcome Roll: [6] -Overshoot-

The chitinous creature answered, while still looking for the source of the voice.
[So you are refugees. Then allow me to give you a piece of advice, these jungles won't be welcoming to you. The powers fighting for the control of the jungle will not let your presence add further turmoil into the ongoing conflicts. Though if you wish to survive, you would be wise to submit to Veleshk, the Arachnastinian Overlord... With his might and wisdom, your friends will live and become part of a great kingdom. Lest, either us or the other powers of the jungle will destroy all of you.]

[Do consider the offer, and send someone deeper to the south. We will know of your arrival if you do.]

Before you realized it, the Arachnastinian Scout had disappeared. He must have felt uneasy and left before you could act on it.

There was worried chatter among your group, and yourself felt shaken by the warning of this monster.

Xizilitiz, the Lesser Angel (crazyabe)
Return to Following the setting sun, for that way humans are

You suddenly woke up.

That encounter, that man... Was it a dream? The carcass was still there, but there was no trace of the passage of the human you saw. Strange. Yet unfettered, you headed further West toward the setting sun, deciding to walk to save stamina.

As you progressed West, you eventually left the woods. The numerous trees blocking your view were gone, instead replaced by fields of tall grass. Small insects singing filled the air, and you could barely hear the sound of your feet crushing the grass.

After some time of walking through these vast fields of tall grass, you spotted a dim trail of white smoke in the distance.

Event Roll: [2]

At this very moment, you heard a brush. You turned back, finding yourself facing some sort of large snake made of grass and vines. It hissed menacingly.

Intentions Unknown:
-Evined Viper: it hisseeees

Spoiler: Xizilitiz Status (click to show/hide)

Aspred Bagrid, the Giant Catfish Serpent (GigaGiant)
Aspred Bagrid, the Giant Catfish Serpent

Take a nap. In my sleep, evolve to stage 1.

Spoiler: Transformation (click to show/hide)

(Added something to Predatory Senses, it will work when sated, but work better when hungry.)

Your belly full, you let wariness leave your body and fell asleep in a nearby gap in the rock. As you slept, your body morphed and grew under the influence of the Essence you absorbed. Your wounds healed magically, and your muscles grew in volume and strength.

When you came to wake up, you felt reborn and stronger.

Spoiler: Aspred Bagrid Status (click to show/hide)

The Protoquin (Failbird105)
Protoquin

head towards the wind, hopefully finding something less dangerous.

(I'll admit, that's not what I intended with that action, I meant make some distance to tongue strike from out of immediate attacking range, but at least I'm alive and the spookyman ate shit. I actually was working on an evolution idea based on if I killed that thing.)

You heeded to the wind's calling, hoping this way would be much mess dangerous.

The wind was strong, but didn't seem to impair your ability to move. There was something unnatural with that wind, you could feel caressing your skin and howling at your ears, but it didn't apply any force to you. The path was tortuous, like a twisted corridor of rock surrounded by tall natural walls.

You reached the end of this path without any incident, ending in another area of the hills. There was not the slightest presence of vegetation around, no grass, no moss, no tree. Only a pure white rock, so white it was as if it had been drained of all its colors.

This place felt much different than the other part of the hills. Like two different worlds. You sensed no presence around. The ectoplasmic beings from before were nowhere to be found there.

You still felt the wind, coming from a single direction. It seemed to be emanating from one place, what you wanted to call "the center".

Spoiler: The Protoquin Status (click to show/hide)

Theta, the Wolf (Rautherdir)
Look around for a small animal (failing that a stick or bone), pick it up, and then drop it close the the Leuscrat.

You didn't answer to the Leuscrat, and instead looked around for something. Surprisingly, it didn't move, and just analyzed your movements.

Luck Roll: [1]

You couldn't see any small animal around. You picked up a nearby stick instead, and dropped it as close as possible to the feline monster.

The Leuscrat showed its numerous sharp teeth, and growled. It wasn't speaking anymore, but you could understand that he was roughly telling you "get away or I am going to attack".

Intentions Unknown:
-Leuscrat: Affected by Theta's eyes / Growling menacingly

Spoiler: Theta Status (click to show/hide)

Fluorine, the Harpie - (AbstractTraitorHero)
Flourine had been flying certainly. Enjoying herself doing a small spin or two in the air the usual fluorine had always loved the air...felt connected to it one would suppose and that probably wasn't unusual for a harpy if you want to be honest. What was unusual was this bastard chasing after her. Giving a growl at it and screeching most definitely screeching at it whatever melodic tinge to it was probably harsh and warning.

"Want some birdy dont'cha darling!? WELL COME AND GET IT!"

Flourine throws a angry sarcastic screeching comment at it hoping to disorient it then weaves her plan. Using the creature's drive to hunt her to her advantage she dive's making sure it can stay right behind her or close at the least before swerving before she hits the tree's and hopefully it either dying by the tree's and giving Flourine a nice meal or distracting it and hurting it enough where Fluorine can get a smooth getaway

The wyvern answered to your taunting with a strong resonating screech, and dove toward you with increased speed. Just from that, you could see that the wyvern was definitely faster than you in the skies.

But you had a plan, and started diving toward the ground. First, you had to make sure the wyvern didn't reach you before you got close enough to the trees.

Outrunning:
Action Roll (Diff 13): [10]+5 (Distance (+5))
Outcome Roll: [3] -Critical Success-

You were flying fast enough, and had enough starting distance to lead this dance. Despite the wyvern's superior speed, you managed to get close enough to the surface. At the last moment, you prepared yourself to dodge around an incoming tree.

Astute Flying Manoeuver:
Action Roll (Diff 12): [8]+6 (Preparations (+2) Critical Success (+4))
Outcome Roll: [1] -Success-

You nimbly adjusted your course, flying right around the tree despite your speed.

Wyvern's Roll:
Action Roll (Diff 12): [17]-4 (Unexpected Move (-2) Speed (-2))
Outcome Roll: [5] -Overshoot-

You heard no sound of crashing as the wyvern managed to dodge the tree, displaying impressive control over its flying. But it dodged in the opposite direction you went in, and still carried by its momentum, it went crashing in numerous branches, forcing it to land.

You were sure that much wouldn't kill the creature, but with that, you had effectively escaped it.

Hostile:
-Mountain Wyvern: Bruised

Spoiler: Fluorine Status (click to show/hide)

(Shard of) Breadweed, the Resilient (ATHATH)
Drain the "restrain" purpose from my restraints.

Land on the ground and observe what the ettin is doing (or trying to do).

Using your Purpose Extraction Spell, you could potentially decompose the rope tying you up. There wasn't time for a lengthy extraction, what was important was for you to be free.

Purpose Extraction: -2MP
Action Roll (Diff 10): [18]-2 (Tied Upside Down (-2))
Outcome Roll: [4] -Critical Success-

Through deep concentration, you managed to successfully extract the "Restraint" purpose of the crude rope in no time. You were so fast and silent that the Ettin didn't notice you. The rope turned into a pile of brown dust.

[Low grade "Restraint/Physically Bind" purpose obtained]

Despite being freed, you didn't escape, but observed the Ettin from a distance.

He was dissecting the live monster, carefully opening the body and inspecting organs. He was extremely meticulous in his work. Sometimes he cut off a piece of flesh and tasted it, then spitted it out or not depending on some obscure criteria. He also licked his fingers after touching various fluids, and applied powders and balm to extracted and non-extracted organs.

Event Roll: [4]

The monster was still very much alive, screaming and bleeding. The Ettin didn't seem to be close to done with it.

Intentions Unknown (but probably not friendly):
-Blue Ettin: Having fun?
-Butterfly monster: Not having fun

Spoiler: Breadweed Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
((Since Ferratus was mentioned, I'll just say that if you meet a pitch black armor that hates absolutely everything and is basically a wandering boss, that is kinda my fault.))

"So, your friend is saved. Or at least, he has a chance to be. Anything else you're planning to do?"

This action took me longer than expected. Conversation ho!

"Sleeping, then living as long as possible I guess."

[Of Ambition]

"I wish I could have the power of legends to defend the village. To be able to kill any monster threatening my home, to protect my loved ones... And then... and then I would depart toward the mainland, and discover what curse destroyed the ruined kingdom years ago..."

Prias realized he talked much more than usual. He seemed surprised to say the least.

[Afterward, your host will recover forces and complete his "quest" properly.]

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Go'Von, the Gray Ooze (Puppyguard)
Go'von searched for a tiny crevice to sleep in.

Not a hard task, there were a lot of suitable crevices.

Finding a crevice where to sleep:
Action Roll (Diff 2): [1] -Critical Failure-

You found what seemed like a suitable place to sleep in. Nesting yourself in the small gap, you first noticed this crevice was much deeper than you expected, and seemed to widen the deeper you would go inside.

Then you heard faint rustling. Then numerous sounds, like a stream of sand flowing on rock. Then you saw it, coming from inside the crevice, a swarm of furious insects moving as one. You hurriedly left the crevice, not before they already had stung at you and bitten you all over with their deadly mandibles.

-2HP

Hostile:
-Swarm of unknown insect monsters

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
Gray approaches the caravan with Brown. Once they are closer, he calls out a greeting to the caravan.

Event Roll: [3]

You and Brown approached the distant caravan. They saw you coming from a distance, and a group of armed riders gathered to prepare for the encounter. They rode large quadrupedal reptiles, and were armed with long spears.

You made a motion that was taught to you by your human friends. It was a sign people made to signify they weren't hostile, and was the typical first movement one would do upon meeting a caravan in the desert. A monster using a specific human sign. Maybe because of this strange situation did the riders not attack you, and actually answered.

You answered to all their hand motions accordingly.

One of them came approaching. He spoke in Ashafan with a very strong accent.
"You, can you talk?"

When you answered in perfect Ashafan, albeit with your own "monstrous" accent, the man was shocked.
"You... what are you? This cloak..."

He pointed at the symbol on your cloak.
"Some man did say we could trust anyone wearing this cloak... Hey, what do you want? Do you have a name?"

Non-Hostile:
-Ashafan Caravan Security Captain: Tense

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
Ulkas couldn't help but yawn happily. So much useful information! He was akin to a weary traveler gorging himself on delicious fresh water found in the oasis, forgoing caution and reason. So many possibilities are open here...
"Astrosa, seems like we are in luck! These ruins were once a research or military facility used by an advanced civilization. Human expedition that worked here unearthed only a small portion of this treasure trove, before they - by some mishap or devious trap placed by creators - activated ancient guardians. Now, these ruins are 'alive' and slowly repairing themselves. Which can open for us many previously-sealed doors, but we must pass their guardians first. And they are using advanced fire-based weapons to shoot superheated beams and can use some other forms of long-lost magic. Interesting enemy. And a dangerous one."

Demon chuckled, and, waving off the haze of sleepiness, continued:
"Considering how long these ruins stood motionless, their guardians must have answered only due to some serious transgression by humans. If my analysis is right, there are two most probable reactions. Either they now try to kill every being in sight, or they ask for their identities first. I once encountered similar guardian, though far less advanced, and was able to pass off as "authorized person". I'll try to use this experience here but have no guarantee it is even possible.

Continue exploration, using maps from my head and journal to search for some of the artifacts. If guardians interfere and don't communicate - try the same method that worked on Guardian of Valern Castle. With more power, obviously.

"I won't lie, everytime this lost civilization is brought up, I feel like I am the only one missing on the fun. Though seeing you right now, I reckon the search will be worth it."

"And by guardians... Are you referring to guardians like the golems we met in that ruined castle?"

She was referring to your meeting with Dovarus. How animated was your conversation as both shared and hypothesized about the Ancients, and how much you seemed to enjoy yourself.

She gave you the lead. Now with the legacy of this human in hand, you could more easily and efficiently find your way in these ruins. As finding artifacts was your priority, you avoided the rooms marked on the notebook's map as having been emptied already.

Instead you headed for the rooms where artifacts that the humans couldn't yet transport were stored.

Luck Roll: [2]

You entered a rectangular room, that was marked on the map as a storage room that wasn't emptied yet. But to your disappointment, there wasn't anything useful in there. Though after analyzing the dust on the ground, you determined that objects were moved around 'recently' as in a few days or weeks ago. Maybe months.

The remaining crates were filled with dusty supplies of another time. All of them completely unuseable of course. There were also some broken pieces of devices left on the ground. They were made of a curious material, smooth and rather malleable, yet sturdy. It wasn't metal, nor something organic. Definitely not something you would use as a weapon.

You moved further, following the map of the notebook.

Event Roll: [6]

Astrosa stopped you, and whispered to your ear.
"Movement. A powerful presence is approaching toward us."

Right now, you were in a mapped corridor. It was connected to various empty or useless rooms that must have been living quarters in the past. Studying the map a bit and listening to Astrosa's feel of the incoming presence, it seemed as though it came from the lower levels. There was a path connecting to the 2nd level close by, and the presence came from there.

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 20, 2017, 01:16:15 am »

The Azarian Project has perished! And somehow, Skee of all kind escaped, which I wasn't actually expecting.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 8
« Reply #268 on: October 20, 2017, 01:33:49 am »

That is actually a little sad, oh well I am off the waitlist now I presume. I look around and attempt to gain information as to my current location and as to whether suitable prey/hosts might be around something large and with a pulse might be a good start, like a horse or sheep, or a sleeping child, or something freshly dead, or weakened,etc

I am finally off of the waitlist now, right ???

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 8
« Reply #269 on: October 20, 2017, 01:37:15 am »

Mmh, guess you are! I will write some short intro mini turn for you once I'm done with another RTD over here.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 99