Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214391 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 26
« Reply #735 on: May 23, 2018, 12:18:03 am »

((ok, posting action now, and starting resting conversation))

The gentleman's proposal
Terrence whispered in response to Vel.
"I propose we hear the man out, see what he desires."
With that, the skeleton raised his voice to a formal tone addressing the specter.
"You are correct in tboth assumptions. I would indeed consider the duo before you to be gentlemen, who did indeed slay the beast you see before you. I am called Terrence. Might I ask why you approach?"

Respite
As the pair rested, basking in the necromantic energy the now re-dead abomination gave off, Terrence struck up a conversation with Vel.
"You fought bravely, my friend. Bravely and selflessly. I feel an odd kinship with such courage... Perhaps a faint memory of my life."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 02:48:02 am by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Jbehler64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 23, 2018, 12:47:36 am »

(Glad to see you are well Nakeen!!)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 23, 2018, 01:40:44 am »

(Glad to see you are well Nakeen!!)
(Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom is coming in a few hours :) )

(Answering in 30min at most ironsnake)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 23, 2018, 02:09:18 am »

Respite
As the pair rested, basking in the necromantic energy the now re-dead abomination gave off, Terrence struck up a conversation with Vel.
"You fought bravely, my friend. Bravely and selflessly. I feel an odd kinship with suck courage... Perhaps a faint memory of my life."
Vel answered with a nostalgic tone.
"Ah yes, the past life... I felt the same, truthfully."

Then followed an odd silence, heavy of thoughts. Vel broke it, saying the words that were weighing him.
"Don't they hurt you? These memories of yore. Mine... do. I see faces. I hear voices. I remember feelings. I know they belong to me, yet they feel so distant. These times, I wonder 'Who am I?', 'Are these memories really mine?'. How about you friend?"

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 23, 2018, 02:23:03 am »

investigate the hills. The shaman had to have been there for some interesting reason.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 23, 2018, 02:35:27 am »

Vel answered with a nostalgic tone.
"Ah yes, the past life... I felt the same, truthfully."

Then followed an odd silence, heavy of thoughts. Vel broke it, saying the words that were weighing him.
"Don't they hurt you? These memories of yore. Mine... do. I see faces. I hear voices. I remember feelings. I know they belong to me, yet they feel so distant. These times, I wonder 'Who am I?', 'Are these memories really mine?'. How about you friend?"

Terrence paused in quiet thought.
"These voices you speak of, Vel... I envy you for they have been all but silent since the moment I arose. Granted, it was not long ago -- in fact, you were one of the first creatures I met after arising -- but my name is all they have surrendered to me. Beyond a simple name, A name befitting a noble, I hear nothing but a subtle urge, a desire that drives me forward. It is why I seek to raise an army, my friend. My very being calls out for me to conquer, to rule as much as I can, as though... As though holding the lands in my influence were my very birthright. Sadly, as of yet, it has proven to be the extent of my memory. That quiet urging to seize renown is all I know of my past self."
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 23, 2018, 02:48:31 am »

"We are better off testing our powers and acquiring new information and artifacts. As we are now, plunging ourselves into growing war would result in our deaths... So, Astrosa, how flying to discover new things sound? With hunting and battles while we are making our way, naturally."

Fly north-east, to Levemite Installation. Hunt on the way - the road is more important than its aim. On the way, try to open wonderous world of science, discoveries and information warfare to Astrosa. Thirsting for battle only would limit her options, after all.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 23, 2018, 02:50:34 am »

Terrence paused in quiet thought.
"These voices you speak of, Vel... I envy you for they have been all but silent since the moment I arose. Granted, it was not long ago -- in fact, you were one of the first creatures I met after arising -- but my name is all they have surrendered to me. Beyond a simple name, A name befitting a noble, I hear nothing but a subtle urge, a desire that drives me forward. It is why I seek to raise an army, my friend. My very being calls out for me to conquer, to rule as much as I can, as though... As though holding the lands in my influence were my very birthright. Sadly, as of yet, it has proven to be the extent of my memory. That quiet urging to seize renown is all I know of my past self."
Vel nodded.
"I see. Yet... aren't you scared? What if your memories all returned? What if you had a family, waiting for you? What... what would you do?"

((ok, posting action now, and starting resting conversation))

The gentleman's proposal
Terrence whispered in response to Vel.
"I propose we hear the man out, see what he desires."
With that, the skeleton raised his voice to a formal tone addressing the specter.
"You are correct in tboth assumptions. I would indeed consider the duo before you to be gentlemen, who did indeed slay the beast you see before you. I am called Terrence. Might I ask why you approach?"

Respite
"You fought bravely, my friend. Bravely and selflessly. I feel an odd kinship with suck courage... Perhaps a faint memory of my life."

"Marvelous indeed! In such lands, civilized men. Truly, manners never die. Good sir, I am merely looking for company in these uncivilized grounds. A lone gentlemen such as myself having to fend off terrifying and unruly bones! Most terrifying right?"

It seemed the Specter Artomal attempted to twirl an imaginary mustache.
"Truthfully, between you and me, I am in a bind. Yours truly may have started a feud with decaying and somewhat organized barbarians. Against one lone man! O what have become of decency? Would you, as fellow gentlemen, assist a gentleman in need?"

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 23, 2018, 03:08:15 am »

Respite
Terrence seemed to scratch at an imaginary beard. Even with an extra skeleton's worth of bones, some old habits seem to persist...
"I had not considered that possibility... Somehow, the thought of remembering, say, a wife and children awaiting their husband, such ideas do not intimidate me. Far more frightful, I find, is the fear of being lost. To be left shambling through the realm with neither memory nor purpose. It begs me to wonder why I am so quick to fear the concept... I suppose undead find great influence in their life, thus perhaps my life felt simply unfulfilled? Regardless, I hope to find more memories of my past. The flame of curiosity burns bright, Vel, and I greatly wish to see it tended."

The Gentleman's Proposal
"Barbarians, you say? A pity. The tales of such savages vex me to no end. I suppose they are adequately well-armed, yes? Or did the ruffians rely on numbers alone when they assailed you?"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 23, 2018, 03:19:57 am »

Respite
If Vel had flesh, he would be smiling. But his reassured tone was enough for you to picture a smile.
"A most noble answer. It seems I have been worrying too much over these matters. You made me remember a thought I had when I became aware of my undeath. We were given a second chance. That enough should be enough to push forward."

He then offered you a handshake.

The Gentleman's Proposal
"Truly terrible is the state of a world ruled by savagery. Armed, oh yes they are armed! Many arms per torso, that is. The rapscallions are fortunately too primitive to understand the concept of weapons. Their claws though, are quite the vicious ones. What say you? Can I count on your magnanimous help?"

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 23, 2018, 03:36:31 am »

Respite
Terrence gladly accepted the handshake, feeling a warm kinship in his companion.

"Then push forward, we shall. To greatness?

The Gentleman's Proposal
"Ah, so I see. Truly regrettable that one should run afowl of such savages, though as you can surely see, they most likely will not have the advantage in simple number of limbs."

Terrence cheekily waved both of his right hands add a visual punchline to his jest.

"I would be most pleased to offer my aid to you. It is a rare treat to find one so lucid amid the brutish husks that wander these fields.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 23, 2018, 03:43:42 am »

Respite

Forward, to Greatness!

The Gentleman's Proposal
"Your help is most welcome! I, Artomal, swear to repay your kindness. Now at arms! The vile ruffians will, most likely, turn up pretty soon."

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 23, 2018, 04:07:35 am »

Motion for the other Makralians to put their backs against the trunk of the tree. This way, the Banera can only come from one way. Then, activate Fur Hardening and motion for the other Makralians to do it as well. Stay on your guard, and when the Banera attacks again, pounce on it while using Rallying Cry to get the others to follow you.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 23, 2018, 06:23:51 am »

Squelchy releases pheromones declaring that he has no intention to commit aggression, and is simply trying to guide his tribe of peaceful slimes to a place where none shall harm them anymore.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 25
« Reply #749 on: May 23, 2018, 07:19:20 am »

While his instinct was screaming him to flee, he ignored it. If he didn't stop this wasp, it would kill the survivors and all would be in vain.

"You again? Weren't you the one who ran away first and consumed it's own kin?"

"Whatever. I don't really expect to survive, but I'm not going down without a fight. Though, I have to warn you: I'm quite hard to swallow."

Use my telepathy and tell the monsters to flee in the direction I came from, towards the safe zone.

Let's try using my wings. First, try Frenzy on it. This will enrage it and make its wild attacks easier to evade. Focus in dodging any attacks by quickly flying around it and using mind blasts to make it tired and crazy. Continue until it's no longer able to defend itself and think anymore.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 99