Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 432235 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #735 on: March 05, 2016, 05:21:33 am »

-snip-

Why do you have "confirm to sell in shop" under pipe dreams? Something like that is seriously needed and couldn't possibly be that difficult to implement (you already have to confirm if you want to eat, sleep, etc.).
Cause I feel that if his reasoning behind the Save and Quit option is difficult to Code in, then this might as well be too...
But might as well move it to Desires...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #736 on: March 05, 2016, 05:49:56 am »

Save and quit would be difficult to code in because he'd have to start tracking everything in the whole game, so that it can be saved when you quit. I may be pretty irked that he didn't include it from the start, but I do believe it would be a lot of work to add it in now. Confirming before selling, on the other hand, should be pretty simple - when the player clicks a thing, before selling it, ask them if they meant to do that. So I think it's a reasonable thing that we can actually expect him to add. Fingers crossed...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 05, 2016, 05:51:22 am »

What about the others???
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 05, 2016, 07:10:48 am »

Found a Fishing Exploit...

Open you Journal while waiting for a bite. It will pause the time BUT NOT THE BITE WAIT!!!

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 05, 2016, 07:23:58 am »

I know some suggestion threads and forums are just places where people go to complain and vent. I just felt like making one on their forum. Have a look at the suggestions I had there...

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/collection-of-suggestion-desires-little-ideas-and-pipedreams.108099/
Replied over in that thread.

Found a Fishing Exploit...

Open you Journal while waiting for a bite. It will pause the time BUT NOT THE BITE WAIT!!!
Expect that to get patched out. You can't open your inventory/open journal via keyboard while your line is out, so it is obviously not intended.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 05, 2016, 07:41:42 am »

T_T Prairie King froze... I was going so well... T_T

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 05, 2016, 08:03:58 am »

T_T Prairie King froze... I was going so well... T_T
So, just like the old arcade machines? :P I lost count of the number of times that I had machines freeze on me when I played on them 20 years ago.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 05, 2016, 01:20:31 pm »

I have a spoilery question regarding a certain mine

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 05, 2016, 01:50:03 pm »

I have a spoilery question regarding a certain mine

Here's my farm after I fixed all of it's ugly looking things. 2nd Year Winter 17th.

Spoiler: Harvest Moon Farm 2.0 (click to show/hide)

I like the top hat. Quite dapper.

Thank you kind sir.  :P
I wish we could make our spouses wear hats too. I don't really feel like wearing a tiara or a pink cowboy hat, but the tiara would look great in Abigail since it has a very RPGey vibe.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:43:50 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 05, 2016, 04:04:23 pm »

Bought the game, having a lot of fun. I didn't think it would make a difference, but I really love the whole same-sex relationships thing. I always played harvest moon as a kid, and going for the girls just wasn't that fun. I'd always go for Celia because she was easy and all you had to do was give her flowers.

Now, though, I have fallen in love after seeing my mate Alex lifting weights in his bedroom. I have a seasons worth stash of his favorite vegetable and he will love me. Working on getting my coop so that he can love me even more. I visit every day.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 05, 2016, 04:38:54 pm »

I'm sort of courting Alex and Maru at the same time. Not sure which one I'm going to choose when it comes down to it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #746 on: March 05, 2016, 04:42:02 pm »

I'm sort of courting Alex and Maru at the same time. Not sure which one I'm going to choose when it comes down to it.

Someone should introduce the dev to polyamory!

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 05, 2016, 04:44:16 pm »

Random question, has anyone actually found a Cave Carrot that is silver or gold starred? They supposedly exist but I've collected some 400 of them without seeing anything but the basic quality ones.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 05, 2016, 04:54:47 pm »

I don't think so, never saw'em. But a friend of mine told me that coal foraged from the beach has quality levels. I think this only happens there.

Now, though, I have fallen in love after seeing my mate Alex lifting weights in his bedroom. I have a seasons worth stash of his favorite vegetable and he will love me. Working on getting my coop so that he can love me even more. I visit every day.

Out of curiosity, does the same-sex relationships flow normally or is there something off? I just ask this because there's certain days where Alex says 'he wish the town had more girls, you know what I mean?', and that if you don't raise hearts with Haley she usually talks a lot about Alex or Sam (can't remember), so I'm wondering how the game handles that, or if there's some different bits to dialogue on same-sex relationships.

One of my long goals (for when SV becomes a casual game for me) is to get 10 hearts with everyone, and I only got 'bro' scenes from the dudes - I think I'm only up to 6 hearts with them - so I'm wondering if there's different scenes.
And even though I'm married and got kids, there was a scene with one of the girls that had a "(creepy) Give me a kiss" dialogue option.. would be funny if there were bits and pieces different for certain situations, but that would be a lot of work just for some funny moments. I didn't choose to be creepy because I had an option to be philosophical, and nothing like being philosophical to guarantee you won't be getting any kisses.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 04:57:19 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 05, 2016, 05:42:08 pm »

I don't think so, never saw'em. But a friend of mine told me that coal foraged from the beach has quality levels. I think this only happens there.

Out of curiosity, does the same-sex relationships flow normally or is there something off? I just ask this because there's certain days where Alex says 'he wish the town had more girls, you know what I mean?', and that if you don't raise hearts with Haley she usually talks a lot about Alex or Sam (can't remember), so I'm wondering how the game handles that, or if there's some different bits to dialogue on same-sex relationships.

One of my long goals (for when SV becomes a casual game for me) is to get 10 hearts with everyone, and I only got 'bro' scenes from the dudes - I think I'm only up to 6 hearts with them - so I'm wondering if there's different scenes.
And even though I'm married and got kids, there was a scene with one of the girls that had a "(creepy) Give me a kiss" dialogue option.. would be funny if there were bits and pieces different for certain situations, but that would be a lot of work just for some funny moments. I didn't choose to be creepy because I had an option to be philosophical, and nothing like being philosophical to guarantee you won't be getting any kisses.

Everything seems the same to me so far. In fact the only time I've seen anything like that (so far) is in that scene with Leah. The scenes with the other girls (I've seen scenes with Maru, Abby, and Haley) have been pretty bro-tier? Though I haven't gotten them to 6 or 8.

The ones with the guys are the same, though I think perception might color it.

Edit: I don't think town dialogue changes, but I don't know how they react at getting a bouquet, so I'm curious there - a la Alex's wishing there were more girls. He says that in my game even though he has 4 hearts currently just because I always manage to talk to him every day hahaha.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 05:44:00 pm by variablenonsense »
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 91