Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 432883 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #1080 on: March 31, 2016, 07:13:14 pm »

I don't know why, but something about being able to look feminine even when I choose male in this game really pleases me.

I'm quite the opposite. :p
But whatever floats your boat.
You mean you're a bearded lady in Stardew Valley?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 31, 2016, 08:09:48 pm »

TIL that Ultimuh is Revocane.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:24:44 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 31, 2016, 08:13:37 pm »

Ok, maybe not THAT opposite. :p

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 31, 2016, 08:17:18 pm »

I really liked that too, Cinder. I thought it was nice that they didn't restrict things like hair style (including beards) to the Male or Female option. Hoping more games adopt this, and even more flexibility with body types. That'd be awesome!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 31, 2016, 08:33:06 pm »

...And honestly, is it all that hard?

You'd have to go the extra mile to cordon off certain items from gender choice. TIL lazy programming is best programming.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 01, 2016, 11:56:42 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:18:13 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 02, 2016, 12:02:40 am »

So, I've racked up almost 400k, and I'm pulling in between 30-45k per day. I have pretty much everything maxed out. I'm in Fall of Y2.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 02, 2016, 12:29:03 am »

So, I've racked up almost 400k, and I'm pulling in between 30-45k per day. I have pretty much everything maxed out. I'm in Fall of Y2.

I'm in the same boat. I sink most of my money now into buying bombs and whatnot to go on huge expeditions through the skull cave, and
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just started fall Y2 as well.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 02, 2016, 12:38:34 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:17:47 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 02, 2016, 01:13:28 am »

I'm at about 5k per day right now and I'm in the first week of Spring. Did everything other than the Pantry and Community Board bundles (which are taking a while). I could date Leah but I'm holding out for someone else (also my character doesn't care about anything other than killing things in Mines 2 right now).

Honestly, I hate to say this, but I started getting a bit bored as of Winter 1.

I felt the same way, but I got back into the swing of things by mid spring and it was fall before I knew it. It's started to get dull again though, I'm just waiting on my goats to give me a large milk to finish the bundles and then I'm done the CC, and I've upgraded all my buildings to max. The only thing I have left to build is the Slime Hutch and after I get that and polyculture, I won't have much left to do besides marry one of the 7 eligible people who I'm at 10 hearts with, probably Leah.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 02, 2016, 02:10:05 am »

This sounds like a complaint. I dont get why its a complaint. Games come to an an end. The type of upgrade path that Star Dew Valley has eventually tops out, like it does with Wall Street Kid or Recettear. You eventually run out of money sinks, you eventually run out of 'chores' (even if they are fun), to do as part of the progress was to stop them.

Really, where else is there to really go,that wouldnt eventually change what the game is? Buy Pieere shop and turn into Recettear? Start up a canning factory and frozen food production? Turn the game into capitalism deal?
----
And also nother game where I look at the myriad of mods, and they seem all seem like to be terrible in quality or profanatory to me.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 02, 2016, 02:15:04 am »

I'm not complaining. I've gotten over 50 hours out of Stardew. I'm just sad that I've ran out of things to do. More lategame stuff would be nice, yeah, but I had a good time with Stardew and I'm sad that that good time is coming to an end as it begins to feel like more of a slog to get that last item I need for the CC.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 02, 2016, 02:32:03 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:17:17 pm by Vector »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1093 on: April 02, 2016, 02:54:51 am »

I'm in my second fall and still have a few more things to get for the community center. I'm still working on upgrading my coop to max, and I don't have a stable or slime hutch yet. I still have parts of my land that aren't cleared of debris and I pick away at it bit by bit. There are still tons of fish I haven't caught, and I only have a couple of strong relationships with the townspeople. I still feel like there's plenty left to do, although I am starting to slow down after 52 hours of gameplay. I may even take a break for a while and come back to it later so I don't totally burn out.

I think if you're super goal-oriented and see every game as a checklist of things to accomplish in the most efficient way possible, you'll probably run out of content pretty quickly in most games, unless the game is specifically designed around that. I think this game is designed with a much more casual audience in mind. If you treat Stardew Valley as a relaxing game and just play it without a plan for each day and just enjoy the farming and mining and whatnot, treat it as a roleplaying experience rather than a puzzle to be solved as quickly as possible, there is loads of content, enough to last for in-game years for sure.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 02, 2016, 03:06:05 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:17:07 pm by Vector »

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 91