Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 266741 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 12—Bone Identity
« Reply #1155 on: August 07, 2012, 03:55:08 pm »

"Say goodnight."
Ace says a clichéd line, then fires the Phoenix bullet from the Mithril revolver directly into Zalgos head.
((I'm glad you didn't decide to sunder reality.  :P))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 07, 2012, 04:04:53 pm »

Drop/stow sword, try to pry Zalgo's sword out with bare hands! If successful, drop it immediately; no need to share Zalgo's fate, after all.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 12—Bone Identity: Of Blue Skies and Pasture
« Reply #1157 on: August 07, 2012, 04:05:10 pm »

"I come in peace; give me a moment and I'll ensure that you come in pieces!"

Rod charges into the fray, slashing at Zalgo with two-handed strikes.

Spoiler: Rod Manly (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 07, 2012, 05:49:04 pm »

"Say goodnight."
Ace says a clichéd line, then fires the Phoenix bullet from the Mithril revolver directly into Zalgos head.
((I'm glad you didn't decide to sunder reality.  :P))
((That's reserved for when we're all gravely injured.))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1159 on: August 09, 2012, 08:27:05 am »

(Woah, it's been two days since I updated. Time slips and slides on its way past ...)

Kahn 1 is unable to maneuver his spear into the gap in the armor. Not finding the gap, he contents himself with attacking the armored shoulder 4.

6->3 + 8 + 2 + 1 vs 3 + 7
= 10 damage

The shoulder armor plate shatters and falls off from Kahn's sheer force. His spear is miraculously undamaged even after breaking through hardened evil ceramic. Perhaps it, too, has raw magic imbued into it to prevent regular wear and tear. The dragonoid he took it from did look like at least a captain.

Jack 1 babbles a bit about crystalline pancakes and scratches his head with his crystal.

Ire 4 jumps and stabs Zalgo's eyeslot. 6->3 She then savagely twists the spear while shouting her benevolent intentions.

Zalgo screams in pain, cupping his head but still holding onto the sword, and falls to his knees. The spear flashes and a white glowing thing flows into his helmet. Like flowers opening, small orange circles with a filled-in star in them pop up on Zalgo's helmet, breastplate, greaves, gauntlets, seven total. Ire suddenly understands that if she wills the stars to activate, her spear will be destroyed.

Azastre 3 scratches his head and looks at the bullets. They probably need some sort of magic to be synthesized into a phoenix bullet.

6->1,2,6->2= 40 pt to Aiming. He aims at Zalgo's eye.

Ace 2 vainly fires the phoenix bullet, which misses Zalgo's sword-hand as he clutches his head in pain. Ace notices that Ire is quite evil, lying through her teeth that she means no harm but twisting her spear.

Meanwhile, Ace feels a tiny tremor in his bullet pouch. Looking in, he sees the reality-sundering bullets trembling as if eager to do their life's work.

Arianna takes advantage of the situation and drops her sword, which clangs on the ground but isn't harmed, and tries to wrestle Zalgo's sword away.

5 She grabs the sword and tugs. It gives a little resistance before falling away. She then tries to drop the sword, except it sticks. Oh dear.
Her hand feels like it's tainted, somehow. She has an inexplicable sense that the sword is evil, like it actively pursues misdeeds and enjoys it.

Zalgo suddenly stops screaming, then starts bleeding much more than before. Steady streams of blood leak out of his many wounds, and he slumps to the floor.

Rod sees that Zalgo is neutralized. He taps Zalgo's head, and thinks he is dying from blood loss.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 12—Bone Identity: Sticky swords
« Reply #1160 on: August 09, 2012, 08:47:30 am »

((Can I has Aiming level nao?))

Azastre stops fuming for some time after performing a good job in training and realizing Zalgo is dying.

Azastre heals Zalgo! Sacrifice HP to ensure some efficiency.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 09, 2012, 09:05:41 am »

"It-it was the sword!

"Arianna!"

Will the stars to...snake off of Zalgo and onto that Sword-thing. If it does so, will them to activate. If they don't: FIELD HEALING!

Ire looked at the now-seemingly-mortal man in front of her, bleeding to death - one of the most dishonourable deaths out there. "I-I didn't mean to hurt you. Only that...spirit thing."

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

((I'm talking to a bleeding corpse?!))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 09, 2012, 12:12:12 pm »

After recreating his pheonix bullet, Ace slowly nodded his head, knowing what he had to do. He loaded the mithril revolver with it.

Only if Azastre fails

Pushing his way past his allies, he stood near Zalgo.

"You may die, but you will die a man, not a tool."

He fired the bullet point blank into the mans head, then recreated it, again.

If Azastre succeeds

Go find Sandra! Train flirting!
(( Oh lawl, I just realized Ariana had the sword. Oops.))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:38:33 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 09, 2012, 12:21:40 pm »

((I hope this is what Sky was implying I should do.))
((That sounds like Nekarios-level idea of FUN.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 09, 2012, 02:02:49 pm »

Rod carefully backs away and observes what the others are doing whilst scavenging for whatever he can find.

"Aye, give him a proper death and free him from whatever evil has cursed him. Just do it while I'm standing over here."

Spoiler: Rod Manly (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 09, 2012, 02:32:28 pm »

"He's already free, I think," Arianna said, looking down at the vile weapon in her hand.  "He has begun to bleed like a living thing again.

I cannot drop this blade, and my hand feels... tainted, but otherwise I am fine. This sword appears to enjoy misdeeds, but that's the least of my concerns. If we could neutralize its corrupting influence, it might be a potent weapon."

Examine the sword in more detail. See if I can figure out how one would go about wielding it without being subject to to the blade's corruption.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:36:36 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 09, 2012, 02:35:02 pm »

Kahn wasn't sure what the hell everyone else was doing. It looked like a few people were trying to heal the enemy and some were still trying to kill him. He sighed, shrugged, and started looking around for any hidden levers or panels that might activate the stairs since he didn't feel like getting in the middle of this non-verbal argument between his allies.

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 09, 2012, 06:40:45 pm »

Loot zalgo!

Spoiler: Jack Dendy (click to show/hide)
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 10, 2012, 12:43:29 am »

"No, I won't see a man die after a curse made on him.

"Whoever you are, can you hear us? Can you help us?"

CONCENTRATED FIELD HEALING!

Redact past action.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1169 on: August 11, 2012, 07:02:15 am »

Azastre 2 decides to burn 15 HP.

4,2,4,+7= 17 HP healed. A lot of Zalgo's wounds close or shrink, but he's still unconscious and pretty on the edge of death.

Azastre shudders in pain as he feels very fatigued.

Ire 2 wills the stars move onto the sword, but they just detach and fade away.

Ire then uses concentrated field healing, or rather spontaneous healing that just happens to be on someone else, like Azastre did.

4,6->4,5= 19 HP Zalgo looks much better now, though he still is lacking his eyes. He also looks slightly less emaciated.  He groans and shakes his head, then falls over. He's awake, at least.

Ace sacrifices 3 HP and reforms his phoenix bullet 2 inside of his bulletpouch.

Ace then 5+2 goes practice his moves and Sandra. She responds quite nicely, actually, and Ace feels not only more confident but also that Sandra will do quite a few reasonable things for him if he only but asks.

+9 to Flirting/Social whatever ya want to tag it

Rod watches Azastre and Ire heal Zalgo, while the former suddenly looks like he ran a mile or ten, and then jaunts around the room, tapping a crystal here, a tile there. Not much, but the crystals might be useful. There's a significant lack of staircases here, and the tiles oddly muffle his steps, but yeah.

Arianna looks at the sword. 2 It's .. uh ... sword-y. It has a wide blade, one and a half of her palms' width, and two edges. The blade is flat, and thick. It has thin silvery embellishments that gracefully curve and loop from the hilt up. The hilt is long enough for two of her hands. The blade is heavy, too heavy to wield easily with a single hand, and it protrudes an aura of evil. Black, cloying, decay, lightheaded evil.

6->2 Pondering a bit, she recalls some of her training: evil weapons can be countered either with pure Good, or a more severe evil, to cow it into not trying anything funny. This strong of an aura must indicate the sword is at least semi-conscious.

Kahn pads around the room. 1 The walls are smooth and featureless, with no places that could be hidden compartments or chambers, and they are all solid. The floor tiles are likewise, while the white crystals here and there are transparent. Kahn does feel that the walls are unnaturally smooth: there is no way a mason could make this wall that smooth. The void-like blackness of the stone...ish material is worrying too.

Jack 2 sets about whacking Zalgo in the head in hopes that goodies will pop out. They don't.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 152