Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 75717 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2 - Two De-rezzed
« Reply #300 on: October 31, 2017, 08:05:50 am »

Thanks Kingawsume for the summaries. juicebox: Can I get any tangible anything regarding your 'lies on Maximum Spin' and your 'Tiruin something something please.

Everyone:  Was anyone able to "target two targets" last night?
I don't have anything that can target anyone.
I used the mass gifting ability on BHK Night 1.
I'll confirm *something* changed with me, yes. I guess that means it's you, or you're just capitalizing on someone else's action.

Do we not have any actual lead, that we're going to have to lynch by policy to do something?
Are you going to talk with people or vote and rely on others to do it for you?
And have YOU any actual leads?

Tiruin: Nah man, can confirm kingawsume had an action relying on people being dead immediately after the start of the day. Because I have it now due to swappery.
Really :v
So YOU can confirm it now.
EWAP: I no loger have this ability; it was swapped.
Meaning it was done D1.

And yet the ability I got by swapping with Kingawsume D2 was this:
Twice per night you can swap a copy of this ability with an ability belonging to everyone targeting you. Action: Swap.

Bits of notes for people to complete >_>
Quote from: 11 people here out of 13 people; public claims
- Tiruin - I started with 2-target 1 action ability. Gained a [useless-ish -.-] 2-target 1 action at N1. D2 lost me my TRACKING action which was what I started with, I gained a 'day swap'; used it on kingawsume, found the ability above. Nobody claimed targeting me. The jerk. :I Hmpf.
- TheDarkStar [MoonyTheHuman] -
- Fallacy of Urist -
- NJW2000 -
- Starver -
- Maximum Spin -
- Shakerag -
- 4maskwolf -
- kingawsume -
- BlackHeartKabal - No/Low Info because he only has four posts since he started playing. And no mention towards anyone's interest towards the NIGHT actions or DAY actions or otherwise. Rolecall on that.
- juicebox -

Hammer: 6. Day ends 1st Nov 2.30AM, or ideally at hammer.
EXTEND THE DAY, NQT! Not all of us are FREE ON THESE DAYS LEADING TO NOV 1.
Or at least extend with ~33% of people's votes. -.- I feel annoyed at the low activity this game has, and what activity-via-votes thereof are 'scumbook tells', like how people are running over Maximum Spin which allows for quite some reading into. I:

@MAx.S:
See, the thing is, now when I flip town and it becomes clear that everything I've said (including the claim of having started with a cure action) has been true and straightforward, I'm going to suggest people look long and hard at the votes that have been placed for me and the people I've said are suspicious. I'd recommend that, on the off chance any of you are actually town and horribly gullible, you should consider changing your vote so you don't end up making things worse for your own side.
Stop doing this. It's a dumb thing when you go 'spiteful because lynch', because RATHER than doing that BEFORE PRESUMEDLY DYING, you can work on working with the people who are alive in finding bloody scum. Rather than go 'YOU'LL KNOW WHEN I'M DEAD D:<', you can go 'I AM ALIVE AND I'LL SHOW Y'ALL D:<'
What convinces more people rather, is you DOING stuff than arguing against those already against you. You've more audience than what you presume of them.
"On the off chance" was sarcasm, I'm pretty sure two of them are.
So are you going to follow up on those voting you or whomever you suspect? You're leaving a vote on juicebox and it does not do much unless more conversation is directed to what you want to be done. Juicebox has a way with his activity in that he's not that active and this has been consistent with him in the past <_<

What the fuck is going on in my absence?

Why are there so many votes for Maximum Spin, and why are so many of them "lol just jumping on the bandwagon".
You mean 'so many' of two people? Are you going to do anything about it?
Are you going to do anything about what you see sticking out of what you can skim?

I've suffered through a bloody board exam and still was able to post. It's at least good to hear from others at least once per day. :-\ (Also Happy November everyone!)

King
Maximum Spin. I want to believe he's not scum, but the mob mentailty is getting to me; the points other make are rather... pointy.
Yeah how convincing are THOSE posts as compared to what other people think about him -_- The mob mentality IS getting to you in that groupthink is pressurizing you to conform to agreement rather than individuality.
Of all points against him--what do you think about those voting him.

Also, the idea that three or four scum would conspire to vote someone out is... Staggering, really.
You'd be astounded to how easy games can be won when people don't be active. See: The latest supernatural. :'( (Ok the scumteam was top notch there but still. Activity. Lacking.)

Out of kindness for Tiruin I'll activate mine, since I can't imagine ever having any reason to use it for myself given my usual schedule.
Ahaaa .___. I didn't read that bit in the OP. Sorry NQT!

Also use mine because November 2 is also a Holiday :P

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2 - Two De-rezzed
« Reply #301 on: October 31, 2017, 08:31:09 am »

Really :v
So YOU can confirm it now.
Yes, but
Meaning it was done D1.
No. Start of D2. I swapped the swap onto him and got an action that relies on the existence of dead people.
And yet the ability I got by swapping with Kingawsume D2 was this:
Twice per night you can swap a copy of this ability with an ability belonging to everyone targeting you. Action: Swap.
Which is not the version of the swap I had – I had the dayswap that's going around like the clap. Either he swapped away the dayswap I gave him at some point, or he had two abilities and had two swaps at that point.
- Tiruin - I started with 2-target 1 action ability. Gained a [useless-ish -.-] 2-target 1 action at N1. D2 lost me my TRACKING action which was what I started with, I gained a 'day swap'; used it on kingawsume, found the ability above. Nobody claimed targeting me. The jerk. :I Hmpf.
Can confidently state I never targetted you.
- Maximum Spin -
Started with a Cure which was probably identical with the one Leafsnail died with. Ended up with various swaps – my going theory is that Leafsnail started with it or acquired it soon before – and briefly had a neat passive that is probably why there must currently be multiple people with the Role Anti Urist. And any of those people should be able to confirm the abilities I had at various times. Or, in some cases, throw up smoke. But that would surely be unwise when I can contradict them.
@MAx.S:
See, the thing is, now when I flip town and it becomes clear that everything I've said (including the claim of having started with a cure action) has been true and straightforward, I'm going to suggest people look long and hard at the votes that have been placed for me and the people I've said are suspicious. I'd recommend that, on the off chance any of you are actually town and horribly gullible, you should consider changing your vote so you don't end up making things worse for your own side.
Stop doing this. It's a dumb thing when you go 'spiteful because lynch', because RATHER than doing that BEFORE PRESUMEDLY DYING, you can work on working with the people who are alive in finding bloody scum. Rather than go 'YOU'LL KNOW WHEN I'M DEAD D:<', you can go 'I AM ALIVE AND I'LL SHOW Y'ALL D:<'
What convinces more people rather, is you DOING stuff than arguing against those already against you. You've more audience than what you presume of them.
I think you're misunderstanding the intent here. The goal is not to be spiteful – I am incapable of feeling spite – but - just as you said you thought my goal was several posts ago, really. At the same time, though, I don't really care if I get lynched as long as I can generate enough data in the process for people to pick over successfully. It's important not to read too much into any of my accusations in the process, though. Accusations are a tool to generate data. That data is what you must analyse. For example. If I should be lynched, I will be proven as town. When I flip town, what would that lead you to think of kingawsume? Mafia, or gullible? The question is not meant to be leading; I'm not looking to be given the answer you think I want; I want your analysis. Don't forget that the Mafia, who know I'm town, gain more from abstaining or making votes that won't be enough to lynch someone else in order to get town to aim at one another. This is an additional data point, again, not a hint as to how you should answer. Don't forget that Mafia could also hope you'll be counting on the previous point.
So are you going to follow up on those voting you or whomever you suspect? You're leaving a vote on juicebox and it does not do much unless more conversation is directed to what you want to be done. Juicebox has a way with his activity in that he's not that active and this has been consistent with him in the past <_<
At this point I'd be willing to jump on any non-me bandwagon, except for a few select individuals I'm confident in, because I think there is still more data I can generate, especially tonight. This, and any other vote of mine, is not intended to imply that I want anything in particular "to be done". However, it's true that I do think juicebox is being deliberately glib.
Also, the idea that three or four scum would conspire to vote someone out is... Staggering, really.
You'd be astounded to how easy games can be won when people don't be active. See: The latest supernatural. :'( (Ok the scumteam was top notch there but still. Activity. Lacking.)
I do concur that it's quite plausible.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2
« Reply #302 on: October 31, 2017, 08:42:25 am »

King
Maximum Spin. I want to believe he's not scum, but the mob mentailty is getting to me; the points other make are rather... pointy.
Yeah how convincing are THOSE posts as compared to what other people think about him -_- The mob mentality IS getting to you in that groupthink is pressurizing you to conform to agreement rather than individuality.
Of all points against him--what do you think about those voting him.
FallacyofUrist just seems to voting from previous behavior, but hasn't changed his vote since;
juicebox wants him out of the way so the group can scumhunt;
Shake says his santa was swapped with a swap, dayswapped with Max, and max took up his spade and dug his own grave (in his words);
My vote is partly because of others, and partly because he refuses to substantiate his claims (rather sus in my eye, but I calling the kettle black);
Moony is just on the bandwagon :P
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 31, 2017, 09:06:24 am »

The players consider the day-night cycle and decide to hold the sun in place a few hours longer. Daylight is easier to build under, especially as the monsters come out at night...

Vote Count
*Tiruin
MoonyTheHuman - [1] BlackHeartKabal
Fallacy of Urist
NJW2000
Starver
*Maximum Spin - [5] FallacyofUrist, juicebox, Shakerag, kingawsume, MoonyTheHuman
Shakerag
4maskwolf
kingawsume
BlackHeartKabal
juicebox  - [2] Tiruin, Maximum Spin
No lynch

Maximum Spin and Tiruin have used their extensions. The day has been extended +48 hours. It can still end early on a hammer.

Hammer: 6. Day ends 3rd Nov 2.30AM, or ideally at hammer.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #304 on: October 31, 2017, 09:07:03 am »

EBWOP: Juice and FoU seem the most suspicious out of the voters (excluding myself to max; he seems to have a hard on for me being sus :/ )
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 31, 2017, 09:52:10 am »

EBWOP: Juice and FoU seem the most suspicious out of the voters (excluding myself to max; he seems to have a hard on for me being sus :/ )
I'm one of the two most suspicious, when MoonyTheHuman hasn't given any reasoning for his vote(correct me if I'm wrong)?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 31, 2017, 11:24:58 am »

BlackHeartKabal either needs to replace out or get hung for being a lurking scumass.  He's got all of 4 posts and practically no content in any of them.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 31, 2017, 11:25:46 am »

And on that note, still going to be mostly absent today.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #308 on: October 31, 2017, 12:03:22 pm »

I'm one of the two most suspicious, when MoonyTheHuman hasn't given any reasoning for his vote(correct me if I'm wrong)?
Moony's just on the bandwagon.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 31, 2017, 12:07:45 pm »

Still doesn't change my vote. You are suspicious to me, regardless.
And if the votes don't get you, my recently acquired ability will.
Take that what you will.
Ehm... Havin trouble finding scumtells, but reposting this CLAIM by kingawesume. To have a nightkill or somesuch.

Can't think of a good reason to half-hide something like this, so let's have it out in the open.

I think you'd be justified in using it on BHK, given the lack of activity, but choosing to kill someone else would be very suspiscious imo. Unless you hit scum of course, but I wouldn't trust my own judgement that well...

If you post who you'll hit before hand and scum kill you... nah, that's a path to WIFOM. Still might be worth saying who you'll go after. I dunno, anyone else got any thoughts?
One wheel short of a wagon

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #310 on: October 31, 2017, 12:10:09 pm »

I havent because i dont really have one ):
I honestly dont know whats going on :P

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 31, 2017, 01:22:09 pm »

BlackHeartKabal either needs to replace out or get hung for being a lurking scumass.  He's got all of 4 posts and practically no content in any of them.
This from a guy who's currently sitting on a flagarant bandwagon?
Goddamn, I was Replacing Out anyway because I can't keep up activity here, but if there's any game that the town would deserve to lose, I'd pick this one.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #312 on: October 31, 2017, 01:47:23 pm »

This from a guy who's currently sitting on a flagarant bandwagon?
Goddamn, I was Replacing Out anyway because I can't keep up activity here, but if there's any game that the town would deserve to lose, I'd pick this one.
I'm part of the problem, but i agree :P

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 31, 2017, 02:23:01 pm »

Cool.

MoonyTheHuman for being worthless and dragging everyone down with him.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 31, 2017, 05:43:26 pm »

I havent because i dont really have one ):
I honestly dont know whats going on :P
Alright then. Take some time to read through the thread, then.

And don't vote people just because other people are doing it. Vote people because they lie.
~~~
Cool.

MoonyTheHuman for being worthless and dragging everyone down with him.
True, but it does seem more like newness than scumminess to me. What makes him more scummy than a liar? (Spin still hasn't convinced me he wasn't lying.)
~~~
Moony's just on the bandwagon.
I'm more suspicious(with my reasoning) than no reasoning at all?

What about my reasoning is flawed?
~~~
if there's any game that the town would deserve to lose, I'd pick this one.
We'll see. I certainly haven't given up yet, though. Might take a look back through Day 1 and 2, seeing if anybody is being suspicious in a less obvious way. Maybe conduct some vote analysis on what we have so far(though I don't think that's very likely to bear fruit yet).
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38