Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230134 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.8] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #1110 on: August 15, 2011, 01:16:19 am »

... i'll just  leave an idea here: Mutated bears. And lizards.
Oh, they are sooooo screwed...
a.k.a. everything is worse with bears

oooh! can they be a civ of mutated inteligent bears? like this guy:

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 15, 2011, 03:00:19 pm »

NO KERLC WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LINK TO TVTROPES WE'RE ALL DOOMED  :'(
And SirAaron your avatar is really cool.
Why thank you. :D
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1113 on: August 16, 2011, 04:30:33 am »

New video up man ^_^ hope u enjoy it.

I say my thoughts on ur progression etc on there too lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGBD7oy-XrU&feature=channel_video_title
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 16, 2011, 03:03:47 pm »

Every time I see a TvTropes link I waste the next 3 hours of my life looking at it :p

"Many people thought that humans were the only ones afficed by the drug... They were not. As many people sucumed to the drug they wanderd into places that only fools would go. These places included the deserts were giant scorpions inhabited. As they wanderd in the desert many were ambushed and killed by the scorpions before they even knew they were there. The scorpions then procided to devouir them as well as the drug which still resided in there bodys. The drug had a complity different effect on the scorpions that it had on the humans. Noone knows if its because the drug was in the body and was in effect or if it would have a complity differnt effect on them in the first place. But the drug mutanted them... It caused them to grow to a massive size compairible to a elephants as well as growing 10 more tails and each one has devolped a different vemon that is increadible potient/longlasting vemons. This beast has also devloped a hardend chiten and somehow, someway has learn out how to swim. The drug also caused its ligiments and tendons to fuse into the musles making them imposible to hit and its tissues has almost lost all its blood vessles in all its tissue. Its brain has been rewired so that it only thinks about killing and feels nothing else. This beast has been seen taking on a dragon..... and winning. Only attack this beast if you got 10 meatshields and 10 fully armed soilders and you MAY survive an attack from it.

Trapavoid prevents cage traps and thus pets, so if you do add it you might want to remove the pet tags. With a few minor tweaks, I'll make it the description. How's this? I've made a few tweaks, built off the backstory, yet made it shorter and more concise, tell me what you think :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm leaning towards a cavern creature, it fits extremely well, especially when you draw parallels between it and the Gloomapeck. The cavern dwelling will also allow it to remain nigh invincible and keep it as you intended. They'll still appear in adventure mode, and will be relatively common. I've faced a gloomapeck that way.

... i'll just  leave an idea here: Mutated bears. And lizards.
Oh, they are sooooo screwed...

He, He, I get the references ;D

Also, a metal: Duralumin (1 copper 5 aluminium = 6 bars)

Except we don't have aluminum,  :-\

However.... this gives me a good idea. Perhaps we could have more metals in the game, however these metals will be import only. This way on site, you are likely to get weapons-grade metals. But you can also get pretty metals like platinum, aluminum, and Duralumin and such. Thoughts?

New video up man ^_^ hope u enjoy it.

I say my thoughts on ur progression etc on there too lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGBD7oy-XrU&feature=channel_video_title

Uploaded on the main page. Feel free to post your suggestions here though, that way you can focus on the Let's Play.  8)

BTW as far as updates go I've been crawling along, the charger to my labtop's acting phunny and I have to bend it eight different directions to get it to charge. Guess where Corrosion is. Hopefully it's something wrong with the charger and not with the computer itself. That would be bad.

EDIT : I've been testing the Pneumatic gun. So far, it's proven to be a effective enough weapon, a head shot is an instant kill, it can bash through armor, and it can break bones numerously at higher levels. Personally I'm quite pleased at it's combat abilities. It isn't as effective against Infected or other painless creatures as breaking a leg only slows them down a little bit. But if you slap up a wall between you and them they will get a few kill shots.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 04:41:40 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 16, 2011, 04:00:13 pm »

I suggested the duralumin so we can have some of the default metals back :P
What can i say, i love metal, as a material and as a music genre :P

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 16, 2011, 06:17:59 pm »

"Many people thought that humans were the only ones afficed by the drug... They were not. As many people sucumed to the drug they wanderd into places that only fools would go. These places included the deserts were giant scorpions inhabited. As they wanderd in the desert many were ambushed and killed by the scorpions before they even knew they were there. The scorpions then procided to devouir them as well as the drug which still resided in there bodys. The drug had a complity different effect on the scorpions that it had on the humans. Noone knows if its because the drug was in the body and was in effect or if it would have a complity differnt effect on them in the first place. But the drug mutanted them... It caused them to grow to a massive size compairible to a elephants as well as growing 10 more tails and each one has devolped a different vemon that is increadible potient/longlasting vemons. This beast has also devloped a hardend chiten and somehow, someway has learn out how to swim. The drug also caused its ligiments and tendons to fuse into the musles making them imposible to hit and its tissues has almost lost all its blood vessles in all its tissue. Its brain has been rewired so that it only thinks about killing and feels nothing else. This beast has been seen taking on a dragon..... and winning. Only attack this beast if you got 10 meatshields and 10 fully armed soilders and you MAY survive an attack from it.

Trapavoid prevents cage traps and thus pets, so if you do add it you might want to remove the pet tags. With a few minor tweaks, I'll make it the description. How's this? I've made a few tweaks, built off the backstory, yet made it shorter and more concise, tell me what you think :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm leaning towards a cavern creature, it fits extremely well, especially when you draw parallels between it and the Gloomapeck. The cavern dwelling will also allow it to remain nigh invincible and keep it as you intended. They'll still appear in adventure mode, and will be relatively common. I've faced a gloomapeck that way.
Alright nice :D and i dident think to remove the pet tags lol, And im sry to say this... but i havent even played your mod lol :P I plan on doing so later proboly after the next release of both this and vanilla. And ill proboly keep it as a semimegabeast simply because i want it to be announced when one shows up because of how epicly dangerois it is and it will make it more commen/have a history too.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:20:06 pm by BeforeLifer »
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 16, 2011, 06:50:11 pm »

I'm going to follow your example in my troll mod, since, by complete coincidence, my mod seems like it's going to require hordes of undead to show up occasionally.

God damn that's annoying.

CHECKLIST OF TROLLMOD SIMILARITY TO CORROSION:

-Dangerous mining
-Sawmill
-Zombies
-Factions of similar race

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 16, 2011, 07:03:08 pm »

I'm going to follow your example in my troll mod, since, by complete coincidence, my mod seems like it's going to require hordes of undead to show up occasionally.

-Dangerous mining
-Sawmill
-Zombies

lol lots of similarity there I guess :P

And cant wait for the new updates IT. I still think that soil needs a graphic sorry dude but I dont like the dots or the little things that u can add for them :P

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 16, 2011, 11:55:40 pm »

it's nice to see that the pneumatic rifle is dangerous  :D

and IT, what about the 'shrooms?

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 18, 2011, 06:30:28 am »

Next video is up for this mod ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IYSrGp3lUs

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 18, 2011, 09:32:10 am »

O yeah IT I was wondering. If u put up my Previous seasons of Corrosion mod LPs on here. It will show the viewers/players how much of a difference there has been after each update? If u are interested. It may show them how fast you progress the mod etc.

Just an idea tbh.

P.S. Season 2 will be finished pretty soon so not sure how long it will be untill I start with season 3. Maybe u should PM me at some point and say which update u would prefer me to do. Like in a couple updates or summit ^_^. Will however keep a close eye on the mod. And will prob play it when I have nothing else to do, just to make sure I know what I am doing better than I did this time :P.

Thanks

Ult1mara

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 20, 2011, 04:14:09 pm »

Just did some more testing on my scorpion... Lets just say that steel isn't gona help you that much...
like 85% of the time its attacks would just ignore steel armor and when the steel armor does do something the bones underneith still gets messed up-_-
Steel weapons dident help much either. Iron was just as good.
But a group of proficant melee dwarves in all stats with sheilds can easy take it out with minimum casalties.
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 20, 2011, 04:53:05 pm »

Sorry IT but I had to delete my Youtube and all of the videos on my PC due to some RL problems :(.

If things work out for the better maybe I will get back to recording and reviewing. But in the meantime class me as indefinitely inactive :(.

But for everyone Information this is one of the best mods out there atm ^_^

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 20, 2011, 07:42:42 pm »

Sorry to hear that Ult1mara.  :(

-Dangerous mining
-Sawmill
-Zombies

No problem, personally a Troll mod fascinates me. Do you play as Trolls?

Just did some more testing on my scorpion... Lets just say that steel isn't gona help you that much...
like 85% of the time its attacks would just ignore steel armor and when the steel armor does do something the bones underneith still gets messed up-_-
Steel weapons dident help much either. Iron was just as good.
But a group of proficant melee dwarves in all stats with sheilds can easy take it out with minimum casalties.

hehe 'minimum casualties'. As long as it goes into the caverns it can be semi-invincible.

Speaking of cavern creatures, has anyone ever killed a Gloomapeck?

it's nice to see that the pneumatic rifle is dangerous  :D

and IT, what about the 'shrooms?

The shrooms are waiting until the indigestible syndromes are out next release. Then all sorts of Fun stuff can be added to them.

Sorry for the short responses, it's a bit of a mess over here. Should blow over in a week or so. But in the mean time progress is moving at a snails pace.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 111