Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Best trolls you pulled off in Minecraft  (Read 31089 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Best trolls you pulled off in Minecraft
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2014, 07:15:07 pm »

You did something shitty and were caught. People have made the appropriate noises indicating disgust and annoyance. Can we move on and stop obsessing about fake internet points?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2014, 07:41:17 pm »

Clearly the only way to make the Werty/Ninja feud right is for Ninja to epically troll Werty in Minecraft.

As for me, my best was in a friends game on the 360 version.
This was in the first release or so, and I quickly learned that magma is addictive.

I burned the world. The whole world.

The world became unplayable from the sheer amount of lava everywhere.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2014, 07:57:05 pm »

1.I had no idea if Luckey aka /u/LuminiferousPen, used Reddit.
2.we all know [original content] gets much more recognition.
Um, surely you do not actually see either of these as a legitimate reason to not give recognition?

"Of course I stabbed him in an alleyway. He had a fat wallet and if I were to make all that money myself, I'd have to like... get a job. Ew, no thanks! What's the problem, guys? It made total sense."
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2014, 08:03:45 pm »

Really, Werty should have had 'Quoted from LuckyNinja on Bay 12' or something similar at the top of the post when it first went up.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2014, 08:22:06 pm »

http://www.reddit.com/r/KarmaCourt/comments/265lns/the_populace_of_raskreddit_in_collaboration_with/chotlv7
Eh, Karma Court doesn't mean much. I am under the belief that it is a place for people to goof around under the thin guise of roleplaying a TV court :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2014, 08:37:09 pm »

I'm gonna be honest and say I think a good portion of these never happened. Sorry for being a buzzkill  ::)
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2014, 09:14:27 pm »

Sorry, gonna have to call BS on that one. The server would have died unless it was run on a NASA supercomputer.
Pfft.
1) Chickens spread over a few thousand blocks does not necessarily mean a chicken on every block. It just means that's how far they had wandered at the fringes.
2) Dedicated server boxes can do a lot of stupid stuff with almost no lag:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW54ks4ttIo <--90,000 block per frame 3d animation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gASs5FN1tKI <--electromagnet mod (yours truly!) that throws hundreds or thousands of entities in parabolic arcs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIlOZUMK06I <--640,000 torches in a giant cube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0reuWd80jc0 <--Many thousands of TNT being detonated in a huge sphere with not only no crashing, but decent animations visible

(note: to the extent you see lag in any of these videos, it's choppy internet connection, blocks still all land in their parabolas at expected times on server, etc.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:16:25 pm by GavJ »
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2014, 10:27:21 pm »

That reddit thing got pretty weird, glad it's over. Still don't know how you accidentally remove an edit, an hour after someone's seen it though.

To actually go on topic, I haven't played minecraft in ages, but I remember a common way we would abuse admin privileges (after the update that made chickens sometimes hatch from eggs) was to make chicken hot tubs, by spawning hundreds of eggs and filling a compact space with chickens until it got out of control and the server would crash.

Humdilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Go Action Bastard Anti-Enema Beam!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2014, 10:55:08 pm »

My friends and I would play on our own private server. I just built giant phalli in front of their houses.

Also, one of my friends was making a railway with a jump on it. We were using Feed The Beast or something and it had tnt carts. He went to test the jump and as soon as he got goin' on the rails I sent a tnt cart after him. I'm an ass.  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]