Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1253167 times)

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #780 on: May 18, 2011, 05:41:11 pm »

Ugh. I don't like steam; takes 10-15 minutes for me to log in. Shouldn't log ins take seconds? All the while its using about 90kb/s of internet, on my limited bandwidth, 15 minutes of that for nothing is unacceptable. Second, Steam forgets my login details every few hours, so I can't play offline. I know there's a way to fix that, but I dont see why it should happen in the first place.

Now my town has been evicted. Cant find any of it's residents anywhere :(

Navigate to your Terraria directory
It should be under the steam directory in steamapps/common/terraria
make a shortcut of the .exe file there and you can use that to launch terraria without logging into steam. To update the game however, you will need to log into steam.

I just can't find any jungles D:

They're usually in the 2nd layer and below, and they usually occur beneath corruption.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 18, 2011, 05:44:13 pm »

Usually. I looked beneath both corrupted areas and found nothing :/

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 18, 2011, 05:50:46 pm »

Generated three worlds, always under corruption for me. I guess its possible that they aren't, however. My third world's jungle is actually near hell, really far down. Also, they always spawn opposite the side of Skeletor's dungeon.

Thanks Acper.

As for the "Im God, Now What?" feeling, I know how you feel. Thats a problem with progression games. Either you "Scale" difficulty, which I find very annoying, and would hate to see in Terraria (Slimes hitting for 20 damage...), or you just let it end. There's really no other way around it. All the Terraria developers can do is push the ceiling up that caps your fun as far as possible, which is what I personally want. Perhaps we will be able to go to another dimension or something, where all our molten armor and shadow gear is nothing compared to what they have there. Pulling us back into the chain of progression, as it were.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:55:19 pm by Rex_Nex »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 18, 2011, 05:52:37 pm »

Just found a floating island while building my boss battling Colosseum.  Got a balloon for it.

Afterwards I tried to fight eyethulu in singleplayer with a gold sword, iron bow, and silver armor.  I got wrecked.   Seems my colosseum will require spawn blocking back walls, because there ended up being 3 demon eyes and 2 zombies dancing around the battlefield as well as eyethulu and his little baby eyes.  I was almost constantly in hit-state and just couldn't kill them fast enough.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 18, 2011, 05:54:46 pm »

Actually, that reminds me; since the balloon boosts your jump height, and the cloud-in-a-bottle gives you a double jump, does having both equipped translate to a high jump + a small jump, or two high jumps?
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 18, 2011, 05:55:49 pm »

Huh.  I was down in the stone layer mining some great veins when I got the message about being watched by an evil presence.  Lo and behold, there's Eyethulhu waiting for me when I emerge.  I put up a reasonable fight, but I'm not that great with a bow and hills are a bad place to fight him.  Damn.

In my hours and hours underground already, I have yet to see a single chest.  How rare are they, anyway?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 18, 2011, 05:57:27 pm »

I know they're working on it, but it doesn't really feel like a complete game at this point.

That's not to say it's not worth it, by any means. It's just.. I'm having fun, I don't want it to stop yet! D:

I've put about 27 hours into this game so far and I'm reaching the point where I'm running out of things to do. That's like..  four times the amount of time it'd take me to finish up a $60 game. The game really does feel complete to me. But yeah, I don't want it to stop either. I guess it's one of those things that we might have to put down for a while to let update (minecraft, spiral knights, etc).

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 18, 2011, 05:57:52 pm »

I'm excited.. but.. kinda afraid, that as soon as we kill those last two bosses, and loot the dungeon, we'll be struck with a feeling of "Well, now what?"
I know they're working on it, but it doesn't really feel like a complete game at this point.

That's not to say it's not worth it, by any means. It's just.. I'm having fun, I don't want it to stop yet! D:

I've put about 27 hours into this game so far and I'm reaching the point where I'm running out of things to do. That's like..  four times the amount of time it'd take me to finish up a $60 game. The game really does feel complete to me. But yeah, I don't want it to stop either. I guess it's one of those things that we might have to put down for a while to let update (minecraft, spiral knights, etc).

I always knew this would happen but I bought the game anyway. It's really pretty sad, and it's the exact same thing that always happens on non-bukkit Minecraft to me -- "what now?" I think that's the problem with games that have a limited crafting capability. In fact, I think even a little bit of customization -- to items, especially -- would have added a lot to both terraria AND minecraft. But I guess that doesn't fit with the theme of the game(s).

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 18, 2011, 05:59:13 pm »

Actually, that reminds me; since the balloon boosts your jump height, and the cloud-in-a-bottle gives you a double jump, does having both equipped translate to a high jump + a small jump, or two high jumps?
I use both and the second jump is a small jump. Higher than with just the bottle, though.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 18, 2011, 06:01:21 pm »

I use both and the second jump is a small jump. Higher than with just the bottle, though.

Oh wow, that totally gives me an idea.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 18, 2011, 06:07:55 pm »

I think it is obvious what we do now. PVP from nothing!

I think the complicated rule stuff would be fun, but it might be better to have two teams walk opposite directions, build a base and protect some object. Those objects would be the only thing imported from another map. The enemy team wins when they grab the object. Only rules would be that it has to be above ground and in a chest that is visible. Anything else goes.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 18, 2011, 06:15:16 pm »

Obsidian Skull on the enemy team leader to start. Drop all items on death. When the enemy drops that skull, you have to steal it and get it back to your base. Whoever gets the enemy's back first wins. You might have to make it something more distinctive (whoopie cushions, anyone? :p) to prevent cheating, but eh.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 18, 2011, 06:18:29 pm »

Is there any other way to remove the dirt background underground besides starting from above ground and chipping away at it from there?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 18, 2011, 06:19:00 pm »

Oh wow, that totally gives me an idea.
My current set-up is like that.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 18, 2011, 06:19:39 pm »

If I recall correctly, CTF is planned to be the first new mode to be added.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 887