Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1253149 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #2685 on: May 30, 2011, 04:23:54 pm »

You fought Cthulhu.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: May 30, 2011, 04:35:56 pm »

So I got my first meteor. What can do I do with it?
Once I finish mining the last quarter or so of it, I'll have enough stuff for a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also the bow. That's all I really know that can be made with metorite though. What other options should I look at?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: May 30, 2011, 04:37:04 pm »

Meteor Hamaxe.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: May 30, 2011, 04:40:02 pm »

Meteor Hamaxe.

I have a feeling this is the most useless meteor item in the game. :-/

I DO have the gunsmith guy, so how would you rank the following:
1.) Phase-things.
2.) Firebow-thing.
3.) Gun-thing.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: May 30, 2011, 04:41:05 pm »

The Meteor Hamaxe?

A hammer and an Axe at the same time... that is strong enough to bust anything?

Nope... It is pretty useful.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: May 30, 2011, 04:45:36 pm »

If it were a Hampick I'd be impressed. Unless the hamaxe happens to be able to break meteorite blocks and hellstone blocks like a pick too, then it's pretty lame. I mean, who uses an axe anyways, unless you are working on a lame wood building? Which by the time you get the hamaxe you can easily make stone or clay rooms.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: May 30, 2011, 04:46:41 pm »

Meteor Hamaxe.

I have a feeling this is the most useless meteor item in the game. :-/

I DO have the gunsmith guy, so how would you rank the following:
1.) Phase-things.
2.) Firebow-thing.
3.) Gun-thing.

Molten Fury and the Pheonix Blaster aren't meteorite upgrades.

Your options are the hamaxe, phaseblade, armor, space gun (flintlock pistol upgrade), STAR CANNON (minishark upgrade), or meteor shot. I say hamaxe first, then all meteor shot, until you get enough spare stars for the STAR CANNON.

Personally, I use the hamaxe as a weapon in addition to its axehammering skills. It does one less damage than the phaseblade, has a slightly shorter reach, is a bit slower, and doesn't light up the area when you swing, but it makes up for it (to me) by allowing me to just hold left-click throughout the entire dungeon, killing things and removing books, candles, spikes, and other things, only pausing to loot chests.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 04:49:39 pm by Urist Imiknorris »

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: May 30, 2011, 05:11:06 pm »

Meteor Hamaxe is kickass.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: May 30, 2011, 05:13:29 pm »

If it were a Hampick I'd be impressed. Unless the hamaxe happens to be able to break meteorite blocks and hellstone blocks like a pick too, then it's pretty lame. I mean, who uses an axe anyways, unless you are working on a lame wood building? Which by the time you get the hamaxe you can easily make stone or clay rooms.

Do you carry an axe? Do you carry a hammer? Then why not save yourself the trouble and combine the both!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: May 30, 2011, 05:19:00 pm »

You sound like a hamaxe salesman. I too would prefer a pickhammer, but the hamaxe is good enough. It means one more free slot on my hotbar, so I can toss another weapon or stack of healing potions in it.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: May 30, 2011, 05:22:18 pm »

But..the phaseblade is a phaseblade!
And it uses 10 diamonds! So doesn't it count as a Status symbol or something?

Also in regards to the gun, I meant the space gun. You need a musket or other gun for the Arms Dealer to show up...

Didn't realize that the Hamaxe did so much damage though, might like that more now...so many choices, and not enough bars!
You sound like a hamaxe salesman. I too would prefer a pickhammer, but the hamaxe is good enough. It means one more free slot on my hotbar, so I can toss another weapon or stack of healing potions in it.

I don't even keep an axe with me. Axes are pretty useless unless trying to get wood.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: May 30, 2011, 05:22:34 pm »

Phase Blades are actually pretty awesome - 21 damage is pretty nice until you start getting Molten equipment, the swing speed is nothing to be sneezed at, and the sheer awesomeness factor rounds it out.  ;)

Space Gun isn't bad if you don't have any other magic weapons. (You could always dive into the dungeon and try grabbing a Water Bolt, I guess...) Goes nicely with Meteor Armour, though you'll need a few meteorites to make a full set.

Meteor Shot is decent if you've got yourself a gun. That said, it's obviously useless if you don't, so unless the musket dropped when shattering shadow orbs, don't bother. Also, you get 100 bullets per bar of metal, so it's not really a "build this item or something else" kind of deal.  :P

Star Cannon is only useful if you've got lots of stars and are willing to burn through them. It also makes previously-impossible fights trivial, while being totally useless and freakishly expensive the rest of the time. I wouldn't bother.

The Hamaxe is mostly neat because it clears up a hotbar slot - you'll occasionally want to chop down trees, and you'll occasionally need to smash backwalls or life crystals, and thus you'll either have to occupy two hotbar slots or you'll have to enter your inventory each time. One other advantage, like Urist pointed out, is you don't need an autoclicker slot to constantly swing it, unlike the Phaseblade.

Meteor Armour is technically out-classed by Cobalt Armour, though the latter basically requires hours of farming in the Jungle. It's handy if you've got mana-consuming items - Rocket Boots are obvious, but there are also a number of very powerful mana-using combat items. (I'm a serious sucker for Water Bolts, for instance.) Like the Meteor Shot, though, it's useless unless you've found a matching item - in this case, a spell or two. And it's seriously time-consuming to create if you don't have a really good reason!

So yeah, I'd go for a Phaseblade first, possibly followed by the Hamaxe, then possibly either save up for armour or make some Meteor Shot.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: May 30, 2011, 05:23:06 pm »

Arn't axes required for taking appart platforms? or was it hammers?

If only I had a device that would take them both appart.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: May 30, 2011, 05:24:56 pm »

If only I had a device that would take them both appart.

And for every Hamaxe you buy, we throw in a free spork!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: May 30, 2011, 05:34:13 pm »

So for each meteor, do I need to break another orb? Because there are only like 3 on my map.

Also, I think I might go with the Phaseblade first. Then I will get the HamAxe next meteor. Just because, you know, lightsabers are cool.

Although with the Star Cannon, getting Demonite would be come way easier...I have a TON of stars.

I fought the Eye, got him down to half, and didn't look at my health for a while because I was doing quite good with my flaming arrows. Then I got hit and died. Realized my spawn was NOT in my house yet. Cried.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 887