Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1257967 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7200 on: December 12, 2011, 05:19:52 pm »

Actually I think it was that all orbs spawn meteors.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7201 on: December 12, 2011, 05:30:00 pm »

Okay, I broke a purple ball in the corruption.
What dose that do?
You have broken one of the pillars of the world which hold up the sky. Now a star might fall to earth and spawn strange alien beings until you clean up the mess you made.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: December 12, 2011, 06:32:01 pm »

Will the meteor despawn?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7203 on: December 12, 2011, 06:32:40 pm »

Will the meteor despawn?
Once it 'falls' the meteor will stay there until you mine it.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: December 12, 2011, 06:37:40 pm »

What dose that do?
You have broken one of the pillars of the world which hold up the sky. Now a star might fall to earth and spawn strange alien beings until you clean up the mess you made.
That's actualy a realy nice way of expaining it. Please, continue.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: December 12, 2011, 07:02:36 pm »

Seeing as I have just destroyed a Shadow Orb and didn't spawn a meteor, I'm going to assume that it's untrue unless some sort of delayed effect is involved.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: December 12, 2011, 07:04:15 pm »

If memory serves, there's a small chance for a meteor to land on any given night, and smashing an orb bumps that chance to 50% (or more, seems like more) for the following midnight.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7207 on: December 12, 2011, 07:04:31 pm »

Seeing as I have just destroyed a Shadow Orb and didn't spawn a meteor, I'm going to assume that it's untrue unless some sort of delayed effect is involved.
It can take a while.  I've had them fall minutes after the orb was broken.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7208 on: December 12, 2011, 07:08:56 pm »

What dose that do?
That's actualy a realy nice way of expaining it. Please, continue.
Very well.

In ages past, two forces warred in the void. The Corruption, vile forces of darkness and dispair, were the remnants of an ancient civilization which had mastered biological engineering and their own mortality and now sought to conquer all other worlds and remake them in their own image. The Hallow, exalted beings of light and purity, were the personification of the immanent vital force of the universe and violently opposed what they perceived as the madness of the Corruption. Amidst all of this fighting, millions of innocent worlds died horrible deaths as each side excused the mounting atrocities as acceptable losses necessary to win the unwinnable war.

This is the background for Terraria.

So what makes the world of Terraria different you ask? Well that would be Bob. No, that isn't the little person you play... Bob is a defector. Once a highly regarded scientist and scholar among the ranks of the Corruption, Bob has grown weary of the war and the fighting and the constant trampling and slaughter of innocent beings underfoot. So Bob uses his vast knowledge and power to seal away a small bit of the cosmos from the two opposing elemental forces of the universe.

Like drawing a curtain against the nightime mists, Bob constructs a veil over the world which keeps out all which should not be and allows an unmolested world to seed and grow. From genetic stock gathered from hundreds of crushed and broken worlds, Bob seeds this new world with all manner of plants and animals. As time goes on, life prospers and finds its own balance. When the world is judged ready, Bob introduces people. Sapient beings ascended from apes on a long-lost world of blue seas and white clouds, now shattered and burned to a cinder by the unrelenting warfare. These people prosper as well, living from the land and working in harmony with the natural balance which has been achieved.

All but one, anyway... all but Steve. But we'll get to that soon enough.

You see, Bob's veil was solid but he was not exactly thorough when he created his pocket paradise. The smallest seeds of Corruption managed to creep in at the last moment and a few areas of the world of Terraria began to change for the worse. Bob was unconcerned, however, as these small bits of Corruption would eventually wither if not fed. Besides, Bob had a plan of his own! Thus Bob created the Goblins, a race of sapients ascended from a species of particularly clever underground shrew. Bob charged the Goblins with maintaining the balance of the world. They would make their home within the far distant hills beyond the great oceans and march out against anything which threatened this fragile balance. They would make daring raids against the Corruption which limited its growth and would occasionally plant Sunflowers, a species of Hallowed plant which had also been mistakenly included in Terraria but caused no adverse effects and indeed stopped the spread of the otherwise tainted plantlife.

All this changed when Steve was born, for he was gifted with something no other Sapient had to date displayed... Ambition.

Steve wasn't content with the wandering hunter/gatherer lifestyle of most humans in Terraria. Steve could tell something was not quite right about Terraria and he resolved to discover its secrets!

-Game Start-

Edit: Maybe I should make this into an LP. :P
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:36:28 pm by forsaken1111 »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: December 12, 2011, 07:58:54 pm »

Do it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: December 12, 2011, 08:00:39 pm »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7211 on: December 12, 2011, 08:01:02 pm »

Very well... I'll do it this week. Told from the perspective of an outside observer perhaps, or maybe from the point of view of the goblins.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: December 12, 2011, 08:12:30 pm »

Yesssss. This will be great. A story told of a game as it unfolds.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: December 12, 2011, 09:00:28 pm »

Bluh bluh I just can't beat the Destroyer. Using adamantine armor with the ranged helm and an adamantine repeater + hellfire arrows on a skybridge. I don't think this is bad preparations on my part, I think I'm just not a good enough player.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: December 12, 2011, 09:01:30 pm »

Please link to the LP in here when you do start it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 887