Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1253134 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7785 on: December 27, 2011, 08:10:36 pm »

It's a good feeling when you realize it after killing the thing.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: December 28, 2011, 12:33:08 am »

I just bought this. Seems to have potential!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: December 28, 2011, 02:01:08 am »

A question: Are Grey Bricks and similar corrupt/hallowable? The wiki doesn't seem to say.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: December 28, 2011, 02:08:11 am »

A question: Are Grey Bricks and similar corrupt/hallowable? The wiki doesn't seem to say.

Nope, can't be corrupted or hallowed. Neither can the candy cane blocks!

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: December 28, 2011, 02:21:19 am »

Do a lot of you guys still play multi-player together? I kind of want to get it... Then again that would take me $2.50 farther away from my new graphics card...
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: December 28, 2011, 11:28:01 am »

Buy it. I've already invested 60 hours into it and I haven't even beaten the wall and enjoyed every minute of it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

eeviac

• Bay Watcher
  • Seven
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: December 28, 2011, 02:10:29 pm »

With the 1.1 update I kept getting worlds where a boss/NPC would refuse to spawn/respawn. Really killed my enthusiasm for the game. Have they fixed this yet?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: December 28, 2011, 02:12:19 pm »

I've never had that issue. Can you give specifics?

eeviac

• Bay Watcher
  • Seven
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: December 28, 2011, 02:17:29 pm »

Once a boss has been summoned, there's a chance that world would never see said boss again, whether you killed it or died to it. Happened with the Eater of Worlds and Wall of Flesh - you summon them again and they never show.

Another of my worlds never got an arms dealer despite my inventory before full of guns and having 5 spare NPC rooms. I know it was a bug because a) the npc's I did have would shuffle between the plethora of valid rooms upon world load and b) created a new world with the same character and the arms dealer showed up almost immediately.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: December 28, 2011, 02:28:23 pm »

One common issue with NPCs not spawning is the presence of a goblin siege. NPC won't show up while there is a siege even if no goblin has spawned yet. I never heard of other issues with NPC, but be wary of doors: some room can be suitable with the door closed, but invalid with the door open.

As for bosses, I've had a similar issue with the EoW, but only in 1.1, so I do think it was fixed in 1.1.1.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: December 28, 2011, 02:31:56 pm »

Make the NPC rooms larger then the absolute minimum, because a door opening into the room will make a minimum sized room no longer valid, not sure why.

eeviac

• Bay Watcher
  • Seven
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: December 28, 2011, 02:33:32 pm »

I waited for the Arms Dealer for 10+ in-game days, and had many good NPC rooms to spare (I mentioned that the other NPC's would happily inhabit any of my rooms), he just didn't like that world :(

The bug is a game-breaker for me because you do all that work to make a world easily farmable and your sources of farm just up and ditch you

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: December 28, 2011, 03:13:16 pm »

The fact that the NPCs would move from one room to another doesn't proves that the rooms were valid. It rather shows that there might be a problem with the rooms since NPCs are not supposed to change room unless they die or their previous room becomes invalid (opening and closing doors for example could explain this behavior). That is of course unless you assigned them to differents rooms yourself.

I never had or heard of such an issue, but I must also add that I didn't play much with 1.1 update. Was busy with college and 1.1.1 was released about the same time I finished my exams.

If you still have that world save, you could try uploading it so other people can see if they have the same problem on their side.

eeviac

• Bay Watcher
  • Seven
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: December 28, 2011, 03:20:49 pm »

Hm, that's a good point. My NPC rooms were right next to each other, and they were opening/closing each other's doors all the time, so you could be right. It's all moot though because I don't have the save files anymore and it sounds like it's been patched. I'll have to reinstall this weekend.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: December 28, 2011, 04:59:42 pm »

All but a few of my rooms became invalid with 1.1.1, and it's not the doors from the looks of it (I tried closing them all and it made no difference, and they're not the minimum size, either). Also tried building new rooms, which didn't work either.

Link to my world (zipped): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26452959/housingbroken.zip
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 887