Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1253161 times)

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 coming out on October 1st
« Reply #9420 on: September 27, 2013, 10:40:40 am »

It would be nice to have the world restarted.
I would like to play a new character, and that is not possible at the moment.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: September 27, 2013, 11:07:20 am »

Well if he is a lurker, he's probably gloating at the attention we are giving him.
Ignoring this person would be our best option.
I suggest we delete all the records of this guy (edit our posts accordingly), so that the person is never mentioned and we act as if nothing ever happened.

I know what you're getting at but I don't want to bother with that. It was kind of a given that such a thing would happen with the server advertised publicly and without a password.

Well there is a Tyler on the forums. You may have to check with him. And as for the server it was fine about 8 hours ago when I played.
On a better note totalbiscuit and Jessie cox have restarted there terraira series.

I might check those out after I'm done with Northernlion's Let's Plays of Rogue Legacy or Terraria. Might as I kind of don't like totalbiscuit.

It would be nice to have the world restarted.
I would like to play a new character, and that is not possible at the moment.

I'd host but I seem to have problems doing so. Besides, today isn't a good day for me to do that and neither will tomorrow be a good day for me to do that. I'm going to an event at noon today and my mother is going to visit me tomorrow. Ergo I'm going to be busy for at least the daylight hours today and tomorrow. I'll try hosting again this evening but dedicated servers seem to be something that my computer doesn't like.

Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9422 on: September 27, 2013, 11:16:41 am »

Bleh, hardmode. I'll be waiting for the patch.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9423 on: September 27, 2013, 11:28:42 am »

Mods, Aky! Mooooddssss! It tides over pretty well.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9424 on: September 27, 2013, 11:29:34 am »

Mods, Aky! Mooooddssss! It tides over pretty well.
But I also have other things to play~
(That and I'm mostly waiting for Creeper World 3 to come out, this just updates sooner :) )
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9425 on: September 27, 2013, 12:37:21 pm »

I've still got to finish exploring Athelod pre-Hard Mode myself. I hope I can before the update comes along next week.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9426 on: September 27, 2013, 12:54:31 pm »

IGP = Integrated Graphics Processor IIRC.
Aaaaaand Google confirms it.
It's a graphics chip on the motherboard that serves as a basic minimum graphics card, not useful for anything other than word processing and lower-tech games. They're just there to make sure stuff ends up on your monitor without having to buy a dedicated graphics card.

So an integrated graphics chipset then. I've got one of those and I can run The Sims 3 at 60fps. Terraria plays just about as smooth. Then again mine is an Intel GMA 4500 and I've done some necessary tweaking to my computer and to the games themselves to get it to that level.

Also should we start looting the remains of the server so that we don't waste all of the resources we've gathered? I was just about to do just that but I thought I'd ask to see if it was alright.

Some VIA/S3G Unichrome IGP or something like that. It can't process OpenGL 2.0 and above for example, and Terraria also blurts something about lack of D3D processing? I don't have access to my PC now so I can't send a screenshot :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9427 on: September 27, 2013, 01:18:13 pm »

That didn't take long for the griefers to come, though can't say I'm surprised. What was it? Less than a day since posting it? I didn't even get a chance to log in. Geez, guess thats what I get for having a life. I may try to log in later to see if I can connect, but I'll probably stay in single player until 1.2 is out, and hopefully a not so public server is ready to go.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9428 on: September 27, 2013, 01:36:01 pm »

IGP = Integrated Graphics Processor IIRC.
Aaaaaand Google confirms it.
It's a graphics chip on the motherboard that serves as a basic minimum graphics card, not useful for anything other than word processing and lower-tech games. They're just there to make sure stuff ends up on your monitor without having to buy a dedicated graphics card.

So an integrated graphics chipset then. I've got one of those and I can run The Sims 3 at 60fps. Terraria plays just about as smooth. Then again mine is an Intel GMA 4500 and I've done some necessary tweaking to my computer and to the games themselves to get it to that level.

Also should we start looting the remains of the server so that we don't waste all of the resources we've gathered? I was just about to do just that but I thought I'd ask to see if it was alright.

Some VIA/S3G Unichrome IGP or something like that. It can't process OpenGL 2.0 and above for example, and Terraria also blurts something about lack of D3D processing? I don't have access to my PC now so I can't send a screenshot :P

Your integrated graphics chipset sounds annoying to say the least. Hopefully you can get a graphics card soon.

That didn't take long for the griefers to come, though can't say I'm surprised. What was it? Less than a day since posting it? I didn't even get a chance to log in. Geez, guess thats what I get for having a life. I may try to log in later to see if I can connect, but I'll probably stay in single player until 1.2 is out, and hopefully a not so public server is ready to go.

Yeah, there's corruption over the spawn point, someone put lava in my giant plump helmet house, and there are corruptors, gastropods and unicorns everywhere. Managed to salvage some supplies though the last time I was in. I'll keep my character for Forsaken's server at that so there can at least be some good that comes out of this perhaps.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9429 on: September 27, 2013, 01:38:57 pm »

On a better note totalbiscuit and Jessie cox have restarted there terraira series.
YESSSSSS.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9430 on: September 27, 2013, 01:40:39 pm »

They dick around and die and don't do much. *shrug*

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9431 on: September 27, 2013, 01:43:14 pm »

Okay? Sometimes that's all I want.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9432 on: September 27, 2013, 02:21:28 pm »

They're just continuing the fine tradition of terraria preview LPers being rather incompetent, really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9433 on: September 27, 2013, 02:35:06 pm »

On the one hand, I doubt that anybody barring Yrimir was actually that skilled at playing Terraria when it first came out.

On the other, how can you make two series, spanning some 24 hours(estimate based on highest ep. numbers I could find), and that only being what's recorded, yet still be incompetent? Is there some kind of natural anti-talent that the popular youtubers all have in common that makes them incapable of getting better at things with practice?
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9434 on: September 27, 2013, 02:39:12 pm »

While I can't speak for other LPers, Jesse and TB's incompetence is partly a refusal to read the wiki, partly deliberate, and partly from screwing each other over for the lolz.
And, to be honest, at least 35% genuine :P

Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 887