Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1253170 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10245 on: October 07, 2013, 04:51:27 pm »

My fav of the hardmode ore armor was oricalcum that flower petal was godly in pvp with a shotgun also it look good with my Ghost Wings I still use it as my vanity item with my Hallowed Set

that's a feature that gets me hooked too, being able to use low tier armor as vanity items while using a top tier for the bonuses  :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10246 on: October 07, 2013, 04:54:54 pm »

Yeah I love the vanity slot too. Wearing anything you like is awesome. Wish more games had it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10247 on: October 07, 2013, 04:56:35 pm »

I am pissed that cactus armor doesn't grant a thorns-like effect.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10248 on: October 07, 2013, 04:57:01 pm »

Apparently you can now change the shape of blocks with a hammer!

You can slightly adjust the height of platforms, change the height and angle of stone blocks, make dirt blocks climbable, etc. And with this, you can make actual working stairs. It's quite nice. Not need to jump to get to the second floor anymore.

You don't need to use the hammer to make it climbable, since the PC will now climb anything 1 block high. And will "stick" to the floor when walking downstairs also if it's one block lower.

If you use platforms, just make them like this:

Code: [Select]
...__....
....__...
......__.
.....__..
....__...
...__....

And you can go up merely by holding the UP key and walking right then left.
If you start from the top, you can walk down just by pressing right then left.
And so on.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10249 on: October 07, 2013, 04:58:29 pm »

I was never able to beat the destroyer. Or any hardmode bosses, actually. I tried exploits, but NONE of them worked.
For the Twins and Skeletron Prime, it can be incredibly easy. Just build a skybridge around half the length of a small map, and get the following gear:

-The best hardmode armor you have, with the ranged helm.
-Minishark (or, if possible, Megashark--I don't remember the exact requirements) with at least 2000 ammo, preferably hardmode (crystal/cursed), meteor otherwise.
-Herme's Boots
-Philosopher's Stone
-Health regen band (or wings/rocket boots if you can get them)
-Cross necklace
-Obsidian shield
-A stack of the best health potions you have
-As complete as set of buff potions as you can get (regen, thorn, soup, etc.)

Just start at one end, summon, run full speed to the other while firing behind you, wait for it/them to catch and overshoot you, then start running the other way. You'll be able to consistently stay out of range ~70% of the time, and you can just chug potions when you need them. Once you internalize the height that they travel at, it's absurdly easy.

Here's a crappy old how-to example I made a while back.
I don't know if I'd call that "incredibly easy" as it involves farming for almost the entirety of hardmode before you're qualified to use that method.

Did you read my post, or just assume that I was talking about what I had in the video? The philosopher's stone and cross are both Mimic drops, and you'll quickly accumulate plenty of them just by playing normally. The three hardmode ore-armors are also fairly simple to obtain; you need 45 bars to smith a full set of the lowest-tier HM armor, which is 135 ore total, which can be mined with your molten pickaxe. If you're at the top of the pre-HM equipment tree, it shouldn't take more than 2-3 hours to get to the point I described with cobalt armor. Everything else is stuff that you've almost certainly been accumulating in your pre-HM time. Literally the only aspect of the build I described that isn't plausible within the first few hours after killing the WoF is the obsidian shield if for whatever reason you didn't get the tinkerer, and in that case the cobalt shield is functionally identical.

In other words, video = effortless, described method = incredibly easy, at least in comparison to fighting Skelly Prime in a situation similar to Skeletron battles atop the dungeon. The crucial element is the Herme's Boots + Minishark; the only difference between the build I mentioned and the one I used in the video is the amount of time it'll take you to kill them. The Twins are the most likely to give trouble, and frankly I'd wait until I had the best possible gear for them. But Skeletron Prime is fairly simple, just use the same method as Skeletron only more so, while the Destroyer is possibly the easiest boss in the game relative to equivalent gear. Every one of his segments has a probe, and most/all of the probes drop a heart when they die. If you build a box with wooden platform layers a bit off the ground and get a penetrating weapon you can literally kill him without ever using a healing potion if you don't stand inside him for the whole fight.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10250 on: October 07, 2013, 05:10:33 pm »

Oh yeah Gun is definitely the worst of the 3
Melee Buddy has Turtle armor + Paladin's Hammer = can't die and does massive dmg
Magic Buddy has Spectre armor + Magnet Sphere/Shadow Beam + Ice Dragon = we can never die
I just use the megashark with like 2000+ explosive rounds or my Tactical Shotgun.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 05:12:17 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10251 on: October 07, 2013, 05:50:01 pm »

How good would the tacticool shotgun be with chlorophyte bullets?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10252 on: October 07, 2013, 05:50:36 pm »

You never miss.
Crack-a-lack-a

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10253 on: October 07, 2013, 05:55:22 pm »

So far as I can surmise, hallow and crimson no longer spread via stone (which means they don't spread underground, only via grass).  Or if they do, they do so at an astonishingly slow rate.  One that goes so far as to not be noticeable.

Crimson, like corruption, will still dry out mud blocks in a 3-tile radius, but unless there's normal grass there or unless the crimsongrass has direct dirt access to the location, it won't actually spread there.

All in all, I quite like that change.  We still get some small amount of spread in the surface world, but not the completely uncontrollable sprawl that the underground would turn into.

Smashing altars still appears to generate small, randomly-placed pockets of crimson/hallow, but again...  Since they don't spread, there's really only a small chance you'll blunder into one of them, rather than the old system of a side taking over an entire section of the map before you could blink.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10254 on: October 07, 2013, 06:10:31 pm »

So far as I can surmise, hallow and crimson no longer spread via stone (which means they don't spread underground, only via grass).  Or if they do, they do so at an astonishingly slow rate.  One that goes so far as to not be noticeable.

Crimson, like corruption, will still dry out mud blocks in a 3-tile radius, but unless there's normal grass there or unless the crimsongrass has direct dirt access to the location, it won't actually spread there.

All in all, I quite like that change.  We still get some small amount of spread in the surface world, but not the completely uncontrollable sprawl that the underground would turn into.

Smashing altars still appears to generate small, randomly-placed pockets of crimson/hallow, but again...  Since they don't spread, there's really only a small chance you'll blunder into one of them, rather than the old system of a side taking over an entire section of the map before you could blink.
You sure? My hell is pretty much half crimson half hollow and half my snow biome has pink ice all the way down.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10255 on: October 07, 2013, 06:36:20 pm »

Hallowed legendary weapon is awesome for it if you're lucky enough to find a key.
If you mean the rainbow gun...err, I'm pretty sure luck is a huge factor in it. Wiki says a 0.25% drop for the hallowed key. I got the key by...total accident on an exploratory mission on Kagus' hardmode server.

...You can guess what I got. :P

Edit: I only now noticed that we've two consumable buff food items. A cooked marshmallow and mushroom soup.

We're...pretty picky with our food, huh.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10256 on: October 07, 2013, 06:38:52 pm »

I think that the growth rate has slowed, at least. They still spread, but I've seen patches that barely grow 2-3 tiles farther in stone over the course of hours of play.

Hallowed legendary weapon is awesome for it if you're lucky enough to find a key.
If you mean the rainbow gun...err, I'm pretty sure luck is a huge factor in it. Wiki says a 0.25% drop for the hallowed key. I got the key by...total accident on an exploratory mission on Kagus' hardmode server.

...You can guess what I got. :P
It sounds like a low droprate, but they're dropping surprisingly often. On Forsaken's main server alone I got two keys, one with maybe 15 minutes of farming, the other one dropped during an eclipse because of the jungle grass at spawn. Someone else IIRC got a key almost as soon as they started farming. That's just chance and in-environment farming, too; if you do a 5-way biome split farm with a bunch of pirates they accumulate relatively quickly.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10257 on: October 07, 2013, 06:47:19 pm »

mined a whole meteor, got like 109 bars of meteorite for use, then i noticed that meteorite armor doesnt actually give armor, it improves magic so you can save mana for the space gun, which does less damage than my other weapons, the meteorite hamaxe looks cool but i dont know if its worth the effort....

used a suspicious eye to summon the eye and beated it, not enough demonite bars processed for completing the shadow armor mail, explored the other side of the world, most part of it corrupted, reached the other beach

LOL the bonus of 3 points comes from an accesory, so i could swap to a hamaxe anyways :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 06:52:28 pm by xaritscin »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10258 on: October 07, 2013, 06:49:00 pm »

To my knowledge a full meteoric set makes the space gun free.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10259 on: October 07, 2013, 06:51:07 pm »

Hamaxe is always good. Later you get the molten one which is quite a lot better so you could save for that if you want one.
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 887