Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1253147 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12045 on: July 18, 2015, 02:36:08 pm »

Well, that worked. I made a 25x25 block of obsidian with actuators and wire. Turn them on, pour lava inside, then turn them off, save and exit. When I get back, the lava is gone.

I just need enough actuators to make an even bigger block.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12046 on: July 18, 2015, 04:33:04 pm »

Is this how DF players play Terraria?

This is beautiful.
I think I've posted a screenshot of my upside-down pyramid here.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12047 on: July 18, 2015, 04:41:03 pm »

Is the vortex beater a good weapon to use vs the moon man or should I stick to my current plan: beetle armor, stardust dragon, and daybreak?

My arena is a big minecart track in the sky (I have mech cart).

My previous attempt was on the same arena, with tiki armor and maxed stardust dragon, using daybreak. Destroyed both hands but didn't get the head destroyed in time, but my main mistake was accidentally jumping off the track at one point.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #12048 on: July 18, 2015, 04:56:48 pm »

get solar flare armor and reforge your day break too godly. this will give it something like 200 damage
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12049 on: July 18, 2015, 05:02:02 pm »

get solar flare armor and reforge your day break too godly. this will give it something like 200 damage
Two issues with that:
1: My daybreak has already been reforged to godly.
2: I need to kill the moon man for luminite in order to actually make the armor.
My tumblr.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12050 on: July 18, 2015, 05:59:02 pm »

Well, that worked. I made a 25x25 block of obsidian with actuators and wire. Turn them on, pour lava inside, then turn them off, save and exit. When I get back, the lava is gone.

Bottomless Water Bucket + Drill Containment Unit. Turn all lava to obsidian, mine obsidian.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12051 on: July 18, 2015, 06:25:42 pm »

Bottomless Water Bucket + Drill Containment Unit. Turn all lava to obsidian, mine obsidian.

I don't have a DCU, and it still takes too long to turn into obsidian.
This method I delete something like 5000 buckets in a minute or so.

Also, I just realized the Ice dragon cannon thingy really loves to destroy these evil Towers on its own, I just have to bring down the shield, get there and cast it and wait it out :P

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12052 on: July 18, 2015, 07:00:53 pm »

Man, I love this game! I'm back to where I was when I last played the original game: meteor armor and no bosses yet killed. The variety in mobs, biomes, accessories, weapons, blocks, special events, and fun things to do is incredible. I do believe I spent a good hour just fishing!

As more experienced players, do y'all suggest playing on more than one world, or is there no real point? I started on a large world, apparently a crimson world. Copper, iron, tungsten, gold so far. My main weapon is the space blaster, which seems incredibly powerful when used in conjunction with meteor armor. I have a gold bow with plenty of fire arrows, a few jester, and a good meteor hamaxe. Is that enough to take one the Eye of Cthulhu, or Skeletron? I'm in the process of building a screen-wide arena to try out the eye.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I have 89 gold. Is that acceptable, or should I be farming?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 07:02:52 pm by Ehndras »
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #12053 on: July 18, 2015, 07:29:04 pm »

Is your world on Expert mode or regular mode? That makes an insane difference. If it's regular, you're probably fine to do eye of cthulhu and skeletron both, as well as the Queen bee who you can fight by going down into the undergound jungle and going into a hive, and the Brain of cthulhu which you summon by breaking 3 crimson hearts. If it's expert mode, you're probably still fine to do Eye, but you might wipe the first time as you get used to him. The Brain should also be doable, and even if you wipe, if you kill some of his floaters you'll get ingredients for making crimtane gear, especially the pickaxe.

As far as money goes, 89 gold is quite a bit for that point in the game, although it's not super useful to you until you have the goblin tinker, and then no amount of gold will ever be enough. I'd strongly advise sticking that money in a piggy bank. You can spend money directly from piggy banks now, which is pretty nice, and there's no reason to not store your money anymore.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12054 on: July 18, 2015, 08:41:54 pm »

I think I may have found a glitch wherein when you ram the otherwise-invincible true eyes of cthulhu with your minecart, they splat and you don't have to deal with them.
My tumblr.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #12055 on: July 18, 2015, 08:46:52 pm »

I think I may have found a glitch wherein when you ram the otherwise-invincible true eyes of cthulhu with your minecart, they splat and you don't have to deal with them.

Slaves to the Moon: God of Drops - Chapter I: Human Fortress

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12056 on: July 18, 2015, 08:50:43 pm »

Man, I love this game! I'm back to where I was when I last played the original game: meteor armor and no bosses yet killed. The variety in mobs, biomes, accessories, weapons, blocks, special events, and fun things to do is incredible. I do believe I spent a good hour just fishing!

As more experienced players, do y'all suggest playing on more than one world, or is there no real point? I started on a large world, apparently a crimson world. Copper, iron, tungsten, gold so far. My main weapon is the space blaster, which seems incredibly powerful when used in conjunction with meteor armor. I have a gold bow with plenty of fire arrows, a few jester, and a good meteor hamaxe. Is that enough to take one the Eye of Cthulhu, or Skeletron? I'm in the process of building a screen-wide arena to try out the eye.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I have 89 gold. Is that acceptable, or should I be farming?
Assuming a normal world and some decent mobility gear(lightning boots and cloud in a bottle/balloon or equivalent), you should be fine for fighting bosses up to and including the WoF with a space gun and meteorite armour.

You will likely want at least one other world with Corruption if your main world has Crimson, to give you access to items that are specific to that biome. Beyond that you normally only need multiple worlds if you are searching for an item that only appears in chests such as the living loom, are looking for a special feature like a pyramid or to get access to every type of ore in large quantities(smaller quantities of those not found as ore deposits can be obtained by extractinator/fishing/slimes/chests). Also sometimes you will want a mostly untouched world for building in, while you strip mine another for materials.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12057 on: July 18, 2015, 09:01:48 pm »

I've expanded. The sky darkens when I jump at the top, and I can use Bundle of Balloons + Frostspark Boots to jump high enough for the screen to stop scrolling, so I'm going to keep building up TO SPAAACE!

All I have left to do before starting hardmode is set up some more fishing ponds (pictured: sky), maybe fish for the info items, finish my hellevator, finish farming prehardmode armors (ancient cobalt leggings and two sets of eskimo), and get the trophies for Skeletron and the BoC.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:03:55 pm by Urist Imiknorris »

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12058 on: July 18, 2015, 09:28:52 pm »

Actually, you can fish up sky crates at a high enough elevation, which have a chance to contain the same stuff as floating island chests.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #12059 on: July 18, 2015, 10:13:17 pm »

As more experienced players, do y'all suggest playing on more than one world, or is there no real point?

Well, a lot of people have two worlds so that they don't have to deal with meteors on their builder world- as soon as you break a shadow orb or Crimson heart, there's a high chance of a meteor landing the following night. That meteor, and the ones that follow (from that point forward, every night they have a 2% chance to spawn) wipes out whatever it hits- only the central 17% of the map is safe. In order to protect yer world from those blemishes, you need to build a sky bridge (meteor hits it instead) or maintain ~600 blocks of meteor ore above surface level.
Also,
Spoiler: hardmode spoilers (click to show/hide)

If Terracustom were out, I'd recommend it.

Actually, you can fish up sky crates at a high enough elevation, which have a chance to contain the same stuff as floating island chests.
If you know what you're doing, I'd say extra worlds is the faster way to go.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 887