Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1258043 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12060 on: July 18, 2015, 10:35:06 pm »

Meteors try to not land within... I think it's 100 blocks of chests? Putting a chest in your building usually means its safe from meteors.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12061 on: July 18, 2015, 10:38:42 pm »

Am I the only one who, since the big update, is having sudden game-crashes that revert me to my spawn point with items missing, and duplicates of others? This typically happens when I'm building my home, though I just crashed after reaching the deepest point I've ever explored: a weird, frozen biome with viking zombies, frost-shooting spiky slimes, and a rail system that goes who-knows-where.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12062 on: July 18, 2015, 10:49:44 pm »

i noticed you didnt use the camera.

What's this sorcer-ooooohhhh. Well. Alright. So I took a couple pics of old worlds since the Oppression Palace got some positive feedback. Parts of them look a little funny since the textures have changed in the years since. Larger pictures than the last, again linked on imgur.

The Cavern City - hollowed out and rebuilt by hand, I wouldn't recommend it without blood moon rockets (which I didn't have). Note the dwarf demoman's room is made from obsidian with smooth gold walls, has a nonsensical statue, random lever, water candle to summon horrors, and was accidentally flooded at some point.

Sky Pirates and the Floating Archipelago - I'm most proud of this one, as much for the details as the ship itself. The mural in the forge and the painting in the panic room are my favorites. When the panic room is active, the pit covers retract and everything falls into killzones with pressure-plate activated flamethrowers and spiky ball traps. Also the red torches flash on a timer (If there were a klaxon, by god I would wire one of those up, too).

Super non-bonus:
Apex Cruiser from Starbound some time ago. I never got around to finishing the rail gun assembly between the forward arms. Oh well.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12063 on: July 18, 2015, 11:34:56 pm »

Protip: when you need lots of money, golem on expert. You get shitloads from all the accessories.
I've also had some luck with shooting Dungeon enemies with Golden Bullets, especially when Paladins spawn.

Paladins, according to the wiki, drop around 5 gold base. Though with golden bullets, I've seen drops of 10+. Combined with other junk and gold you get from every other enemy, and you can get a plat or two worth of gold and junk by the time your inventory is full.

Just make sure you can take it, though. It can be dangerous at times.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12064 on: July 18, 2015, 11:39:33 pm »

Hmm, Eye of Cthulhu was a hell of a lot easier than I thought. I was battering him with my blaster, threw a few spiked balls on the platforms, which helped significantly, then lobbed a few grenades and *poof!* It was dead. That was a ridiculously short battle... I wonder if I can fight Skeletron.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12065 on: July 18, 2015, 11:40:55 pm »

Maybe filling my container with actuated blocks, then turning the actuators off after filling it, and reconnecting so all the lava goes away will work?

Do acutators function as atom smashers, or do they just deconstruct certain blocks? It's been a while since I've played Terraria, and I'm waiting for it to come to Mac.

Neither I think. Just makes blocks passable. I don't think they do anything to creatures that are trapped inside (I think they can still move thru the blocks they were occupying at the time, but can't move into other active blocks). Also things like furniture or torches will pop out when activated.

Do note you can actuate traps. Layered spear mechanisms. Hoards of spiky shit.

Is the vortex beater a good weapon to use vs the moon man or should I stick to my current plan: beetle armor, stardust dragon, and daybreak?

My arena is a big minecart track in the sky (I have mech cart).

My previous attempt was on the same arena, with tiki armor and maxed stardust dragon, using daybreak. Destroyed both hands but didn't get the head destroyed in time, but my main mistake was accidentally jumping off the track at one point.
Beat him in hell with a minecart track using a Vortex Beater and chloro. Took ages, since the same things protecting me protects him too. Red demon spawns tend to mark the end of my run because they don't die on hit with a cart and theit spears hurt more than moony's death ray.

Use a solar eruption if you got obstacles.

Man, I love this game! I'm back to where I was when I last played the original game: meteor armor and no bosses yet killed. The variety in mobs, biomes, accessories, weapons, blocks, special events, and fun things to do is incredible. I do believe I spent a good hour just fishing!

As more experienced players, do y'all suggest playing on more than one world, or is there no real point? I started on a large world, apparently a crimson world. Copper, iron, tungsten, gold so far. My main weapon is the space blaster, which seems incredibly powerful when used in conjunction with meteor armor. I have a gold bow with plenty of fire arrows, a few jester, and a good meteor hamaxe. Is that enough to take one the Eye of Cthulhu, or Skeletron? I'm in the process of building a screen-wide arena to try out the eye.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I have 89 gold. Is that acceptable, or should I be farming?

I suggest making a hub world (hard mode or not, up to you) and making another world for hardmode demon altar smashing. Doing it wrong will yield a massive amount of corrupted blocks in your map, so do it elsewhere to keep your world clean.

On hard mode anyway you can fish for rare ores.

I should begin the 1-line map ceiling project.

Keep the world safe from angry meteor shite.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #12066 on: July 18, 2015, 11:57:29 pm »

Protip: when you need lots of money, golem on expert. You get shitloads from all the accessories.
I've also had some luck with shooting Dungeon enemies with Golden Bullets, especially when Paladins spawn.

Paladins, according to the wiki, drop around 5 gold base. Though with golden bullets, I've seen drops of 10+. Combined with other junk and gold you get from every other enemy, and you can get a plat or two worth of gold and junk by the time your inventory is full.

Just make sure you can take it, though. It can be dangerous at times.
For actively farming money, going melee with the flask of midas tends to be better, although it means you can't be using a flask of confetti which is the best multiplayer item. Flask of midas is significantly cheaper, and I've found melee to be a more reliable build, given that you have less chance of randomly dying which runs counter to the point of farming money.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12067 on: July 19, 2015, 12:05:32 am »

Or leaving a summon-based minion will earn you more gold than you would know what to do with, given you're constructing something outside npc territory

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12068 on: July 19, 2015, 12:18:04 am »

Is the vortex beater a good weapon to use vs the moon man or should I stick to my current plan: beetle armor, stardust dragon, and daybreak?

My arena is a big minecart track in the sky (I have mech cart).

My previous attempt was on the same arena, with tiki armor and maxed stardust dragon, using daybreak. Destroyed both hands but didn't get the head destroyed in time, but my main mistake was accidentally jumping off the track at one point.
Beat him in hell with a minecart track using a Vortex Beater and chloro. Took ages, since the same things protecting me protects him too. Red demon spawns tend to mark the end of my run because they don't die on hit with a cart and theit spears hurt more than moony's death ray.

Use a solar eruption if you got obstacles.

I actually was able to beam him on my fifth try, using beetle armor, daybreak, and spacetrack.
I only won because of the aforementioned minecart-to-true-eye glitch that reduced the number of lasers I had to contend with, I found out on my 6th try.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #12069 on: July 19, 2015, 02:22:58 am »

I've expanded. The sky darkens when I jump at the top, and I can use Bundle of Balloons + Frostspark Boots to jump high enough for the screen to stop scrolling, so I'm going to keep building up TO SPAAACE!

All I have left to do before starting hardmode is set up some more fishing ponds (pictured: sky), maybe fish for the info items, finish my hellevator, finish farming prehardmode armors (ancient cobalt leggings and two sets of eskimo), and get the trophies for Skeletron and the BoC.
And now I'm inspired to make a Ha'tak, cool. Well, after I finish my not-even-started-yet space yacht for my God-Emperor of Terra. With his bronze skin and golden armor he could even easily pass for a Goa'uld, hehe.

Question though: isn't sky islands = floating islands? Or am I missing something?

pics
Damn nice. Also, mind telling me what material did you use for tower of oppression leg's from your previous post? Tin plating, is it? Still undecided what should I use on my spaceship, was going to use meteorite bricks, but I dunno.

Slaves to the Moon: God of Drops - Chapter I: Human Fortress
Beautiful.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12070 on: July 19, 2015, 04:10:52 am »

It was tin plating for the legs, yes. I hadn't bothered pushing hard mode or using any exotic materials at all.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12071 on: July 19, 2015, 04:17:11 am »

Tin plating's one of my favourite building materials.
thincake

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12072 on: July 19, 2015, 04:18:00 am »

All of this makes me want to get into building sometime.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12073 on: July 19, 2015, 06:28:17 am »

Tin plating makes for a good stand-in for cog flooring.

Did i mention cogs are my favorite block atm?

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12074 on: July 19, 2015, 08:24:40 am »

Tin plating makes for a good stand-in for cog flooring.

Did i mention cogs are my favorite block atm?
I built a tin-plating and cog house, and yes, cogs are brilliant.
thincake
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 887