Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 836 837 [838] 839 840 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1253150 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12555 on: October 03, 2017, 08:05:05 pm »

I found my first sword shrine!

...it was completely empty. Not even a fake sword. Great. My luck, as always, is incredibly schizophrenic.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12556 on: October 03, 2017, 08:29:22 pm »

I've been seeing things that look like swords in a stone, but they haven't looked anything like the description of sword shrines. They've simply been random rubble.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12557 on: October 03, 2017, 08:45:58 pm »

they are supposed to replace finding the enchanted sword randomly. you notice when the sword is real and when its fake actually. getting a shrine is actually rare it seems, you usually get the sword in a stone sitting on the underground.

fuck i really feel enticed to try a modded gameplay but ugh....i havent even finished this one....

EDIT:

aaaaaaand died.......it was nice for a hardcore expert run but i was starting to loose steam, died while being close to killing the WoF.....didnt keep enough distance and tried to finish it with Arkhalis, terrible mistake. it tanked and did enough damage to kill me before i could kill it.

so yeah, i think im gonna go for the mods in a softcore character
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:07:34 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12558 on: October 03, 2017, 11:59:53 pm »

first night with overhaul has been complicated with all that camera focus on cursor. house was ready but had to learn that torches need to have at least 1 tile of empty space under the roof in order to not set the wood on fire. y like that tools feel more usefull now, its tricky to deal a blow with the axe but it serves as a temporal weapon while getting a real one. also, killing slimes with realistic gore turns the spawn into an splatoon arena, there's slime remains everywhere lmao. fortunately the last update added a mop, like seriously you can do janitorial work now.

from the thorium side, wel, not sure if its from thorium, but that family heirloom item at start is a nice little detail. i like that type of attention even at starting levels.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 12:02:08 am by xaritscin »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12559 on: October 04, 2017, 04:42:40 am »

fortunately the last update added a mop, like seriously you can do janitorial work now.

Viscera Cleanup Detail: Terraria?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12560 on: October 04, 2017, 08:54:29 am »

Playing with Ochita on muh server thingy, we released hardmode cuz I haven't seen it in years.

Boy, that might've been a mistake. Sky base of Habitat 43 serves as a safe haven for NPCs and crafting though.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12561 on: October 04, 2017, 09:57:13 am »

ok third day, i dont know if it was a zombie or the guide that killed a bunny and it dropped a bunny paw. now my character gets extreme velocities when bunny hopping. i also had to start to do a hellevator because the neighboring biomes are desert and crimson. built the mop to well, do cleaning since even the leaves left by trees stay until logging out. also, it seems you can do something like Mario and deal damage by jumping on enemies, they also get confused for some reason.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 10:01:35 am by xaritscin »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12562 on: October 04, 2017, 10:02:54 am »

It was the bunny I think. Says so on the mod's page.
Black lives matter.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12563 on: October 04, 2017, 10:31:26 am »

i know, the thing is that i dont know what killed it but ok, free drop for me. i was able to build a platform over the desert in order to explore further and found a giant tree with all the typical stuff. took the chest with me because well, no free stuff on spawn. also, this tree is right next to the jungle so it goes all the way down to the underground jungle. this means i cannot go further west.

i also got enough cactus to finish the set and get the sword. so more or less have been able to survive against the night creatures, zombie AI with this mod is annoying.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #12564 on: October 04, 2017, 11:41:15 am »

zombie AI with this mod is annoying.
How do the mods change this?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12565 on: October 04, 2017, 03:49:14 pm »

zombie AI with this mod is annoying.
How do the mods change this?

its not much, it just adds the same skeleton AI to the zombies so instead of doing mindless walk towards the player they jump towards the player. also, they stay over the player even until dawn (must be a bug, or a feature, not sure).

its annoying because not only you loose the invulnerability timer but also, because you have to aim the attack with the cursor so you have to actually dodge their movements instead of staying still while swinging the weapon.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12566 on: October 04, 2017, 06:40:21 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

the foundations for the base has been set up. doing themed houses is cool and all but it gets exhausting having to replicate all the designs again in a new world so im gonna go for a single structure this time.

nothin too fancy, just gonna make a big hotel for housing each NPC with the required commodities. first floor has been finished. im still thinking about which more materials to use taking in account that wood is flamable (and dirt) is flamable. i'll probably have to expand the sides because bathrooms tho. there's a shame there's no shower furniture as an alternative for bathtubs but ok. i have plenty of building space.

i crafted a copper buckler and a living wood acorn allthought the most damage is done by a flute i found in an underground cabin. havent decided which class to use, mage is the most probable taking in account i dont have to worry about defenses this time.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12567 on: October 04, 2017, 06:41:51 pm »

Dirt is flammable? Say what?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12568 on: October 04, 2017, 06:49:53 pm »

Wanna build a shower? Make a small hole in the ceiling and place two raincloud blocks in there, then cover them up with a trapdoor or a couple actuated blocks. Connect the blocks/trapdoor to the switch or lever of your choice, and voilá... Your own personal on-demand shower.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12569 on: October 04, 2017, 07:22:23 pm »

Dirt is flammable? Say what?

only the walls. the block on itself just gets burned a little. or that's what i've seen during fires.
Pages: 1 ... 836 837 [838] 839 840 ... 887