Author Topic: Poke  (Read 35415 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Poke
« on: January 24, 2016, 10:34:15 pm »

Since Tinker is handled by sy, It was suggested to me that I should open up a new thread specifically for questions about materials, weapons and various in universe things. This is for asking about the properties of things, not building or creating anything.

Oh and the first one who asks me an armor thickness question is being fined a token.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Poke
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 10:40:52 pm »

What's the exact diameter of an arranger bullet?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 10:45:07 pm »

What's the exact diameter of an arranger bullet?
They're about the size of a 12 gauge shotgun slug, but about as long as a rifle bullet. Blunt tipped.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 10:52:33 pm »

We have heat eating meta-crystals and stock battleplate layers that are specifically desinged to disperse heat over a wide area.
How effective would it be to line one of the lower layers of this material with a number of small cryotic crystals?

Alternatively, we have nigh unbreakable hexbug armor that melts faster than an australian icecream,
how effective would it be to stud it with cryotic crystals and place a metal sheet over the top of it that has high thermal resistance?

alternatively do we have any heatproof impact gel?

id normally ask syv about this, but the cryo-crystals havent really been explored padt "they're probably more trouble than they're worth."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:03:43 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 11:03:23 pm »

We have heat eating meta-crystals and stock battleplate layers that are specifically desinged to disperse heat over a wide area.
How effective would it be to line one of the lower layers of this material with a number of small cryotic crystals?

Alternatively, we have nigh unbreakable hexbug armor that melts faster than an australian icecream,
how effective would it be to stud it with cryotic crystals and place a metal sheet over the top of it that has high thermal resistance?

The second one is more reasonable, but it wouldn't be perfect.  If you basically mixed a powdered version of the crystals in, it would greatly increase heat resistance, but it still wouldn't be perfect.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 11:41:39 pm »

Since Tinker is handled by sy, It was suggested to me that I should open up a new thread specifically for questions about materials, weapons and various in universe things. This is for asking about the properties of things, not building or creating anything.

Oh and the first one who asks me an armor thickness questionis being fined a token.
What is the armor thickness of the token I'm about to be fined?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 11:43:55 pm »

Well, you have no tokens, so I guess it'd be however unpleasant it is to owe a debt to Piecewise. Not even Steve, I mean the actual OOC GM.

What's inside the Five Sec Reset batteries?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 01:39:34 am »

Oh and the first one who asks me an armor thickness questionis being fined a token.
What is the armor thickness of the token I'm about to be fined?
1 TLU

Well, you have no tokens, so I guess it'd be however unpleasant it is to owe a debt to Piecewise. Not even Steve, I mean the actual OOC GM.

What's inside the Five Sec Reset batteries?
A the same sort of thing thats inside arranger shells. Ie, arrangements of matter that resonate on an extrauniversal level and cause odd effects locally.

Don't eat it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 02:06:03 am »

The second one is more reasonable, but it wouldn't be perfect.  If you basically mixed a powdered version of the crystals in, it would greatly increase heat resistance, but it still wouldn't be perfect.
didnt those things need to be a specific size to start working?

im talking about those crystal rods we were gonna yse against the thermophage by the way.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 02:36:20 am »

What is medifoam made out of and does it have any particularly useful or unique propertys we haven't seen yet?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 02:46:03 am »

arrangements of matter that resonate on an extrauniversal level and cause odd effects locally.
What happens when charge is used? Some of those arrangements are destroyed?

Also Abstract now owes you a token.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 05:02:35 am »

*Nikitian is extremely happy to see this thread.

For PIECEWISE:

• Could you please check your memory, consult your notes, and describe 1) Walking (Magister's?) Bastion, 2) High-Guard Armor, 3) Arbiter Cloak (not to be confused with Avatar Cloak) "cloth" armors?
Spoiler: Source, for reference: (click to show/hide)

• Secondly, could you explain the tech behind the Avatar Cloak a bit? I.e., just enough handwavium so we could handwave along, not in-depth technical specs, of course.
(I do NOT wish to know their specific armor thickness. I will have syv for that. Just the general description/tech involved in construction.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 05:49:47 am »

Is the weapon that creates solid light spheres around whatever you shoot kinda like a gravity gun? I mean, if I trap something in a sphere and then move the gun to the right, will the sphere go to the right (assuming I have enough strength)?

If it doesn't work that way, would you be fine with me working out a way to do that and a price for it with Syv? Something like making a solid light rod or rope extend from the gun to the sphere?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 06:27:06 am »

PTW for nao
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 12:38:02 pm »

...If I save a human (Say, Xanessa) using the RL Copy/Paste tool, would the copy of the person (Say, Xanessa, at high velocity) be able to use origin tech? Would the copy even be alive or the same person?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16