Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Trade Liasons (Trade Phase 3)  (Read 2792 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Trade Liasons (Trade Phase 3)
« on: April 15, 2024, 06:30:03 pm »

Are you looking for a competitive game that isn't about Conquest? Do you secretly have a silver-tongue? Do you like breaking untested systems? Then I have the game for you.

As part of a larger project, I would like to test out a system for Trading Resources for Fun Profit Bragging Rights!

In this game for three or more players, you will negotiate deals to exchange resources, looking to unload items that are worthless to you in exchange for ones you can cash in for Points. During the Trade phase, all players may freely negotiate with each other. You can propose the exchange of any number of any type of resources, either immediately or on a later turn, between any number of parties. (To avoid the issue of three players in a triangle trade getting stuck in limbo because no one wants to commit first and potentially lose out if the rest of the deal falls through). Once a specific deal is agreed to by all parties, it is binding. In the case of a player being unable to keep to a deal, I will adjudicate a solution.

To make it clear when a deal is committed to, rather than still being debated/speculated, a quote box containing the exact details should be posted by all parties.

Once all players are done Trading, we enter the Convert phase, where each player should PM me their conversion orders. Conversions are unique to each player, with each one requiring one or two resources of a specific type, outputting one or two other resources, and possibly producing points. You may convert as many or as few resources as you desire, even feeding the output of one into input of another.

The five resources are Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple. Each player will receive 4 of each on game start, as well as a secret set of Conversion Rules. These Rules will help you determine thrk ind of deals that are valuable to you.

There will be three Rounds of Trade and Convert, ending after the third Conversion. At that point I will reveal the final scores.

Spoiler: Scoring (click to show/hide)

NB: You are allowed to lie about what resources you have, what conversions you can do, etc, but you are not permitted to enter into a deal you know you cannot complete. There will be a degree of Lazy Fair here, please don't make me audit you.

If this strikes your fancy, please express interest below, and we shall get this game on the road.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 03:45:16 am by Kashyyk »

Oakrose905

• Bay Watcher
  • A big nerd for designing things.
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Liasons (Multiplayer Prototype)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 06:42:44 pm »

This sounds neat, I'm up for trying it!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 06:52:33 pm »

Sounds like fun.

I worry that some players might be in better positions because they have better conversion tables, but we'll see how this goes.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Oakrose905

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2024, 07:04:34 pm »

Sounds like fun.

I worry that some players might be in better positions because they have better conversion tables, but we'll see how this goes.

If i had to guess, it won't be "better" conversions, but "different" conversion tables, aka some people convert different resources better than others.

Like maybe i have a convert rate of 10:8 for Green to Red, and you have a rate of 12:8. But for say, Blue to Red, you have 10:9 while i have 11:8 or something like that?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 04:04:21 am »

In this iteration, players will have mirrored Conversions (ie, everyone will have a Conversions that converts 2 of one resource into one of two different colours), however the exact arrangement of types in those rules will be unique to each player.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 02:37:02 pm »

In
she/her

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2024, 07:18:16 pm »

Seems interesting I'm in

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2024, 05:38:54 am »

Alright! I was hoping for a couple more players, but this should definitely be workable with four.

All four of you should now have received your conversion rules by PM. You all also publicly receive four of each of the five colours (Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple), and additionally 200 Credits. At the end of the game, each credit you own will equal one point.

Remember that when you "Score" by converting resources, you earn points equal to the number of times you Score in the same turn. You can't convert anything until the end of the Trade phase, which begins now.

Good luck.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Liasons (Trade Phase 1)
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2024, 08:57:22 am »

Lets get this started

I am willing to buy Red for 20 credits per unit
I am selling green for 50 credits per unit
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 09:10:43 am by Jerick »

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2024, 09:01:11 am »

I'm willing to sell my four reds to Jerick unless a better deal come up
she/her

Oakrose905

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2024, 11:33:03 am »

Oak's Trade Center
ALL TRADES NEGOTIABLE, MAKE OFFERS

Buying
Red for 30
Blue for 15
Green for 15

Selling
Purple for 30
Yellow for 30

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2024, 12:23:22 pm »

Oakrose how about I buy four yellow from you for 15 each and I sell you four green for 25 each?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2024, 03:37:32 pm »

Oakrose, I would like to trade all my greens for your four blues.
I would also like to give you four reds in exchange of your purples
she/her

Oakrose905

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2024, 04:24:26 pm »

Oakrose how about I buy four yellow from you for 15 each and I sell you four green for 25 each?

How about a flat trade? The yellows for the greens?

That all works perfectly fine with me, thanks for the business. (-4 Blue, -4 Purple, +4 Green, +4 Red)

Spoiler: Oak's Trade Center (click to show/hide)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2024, 05:10:55 pm »

Alright then flat trade then
Jerick trades four of their greens for four yellows from Oakrose

If you're collecting purples would you be willing to flat trade your yellows for my purples?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 05:54:14 pm by Jerick »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7