Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 698301 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #795 on: June 17, 2011, 09:39:33 pm »

Just curious, Adwarf, could I get a spot reserved for the Oblivion RTD? It's one of my favourite games, and I feel that I must be in atleast 6-7 RTDs along with running my current 3. I'm insane, in a different way than most...
Sure if I get enough intrest then I will run it (I am thinking eight players for the oblivion RTD maybe ten)
Eight is alot of people for an RTD, and ten is an insane amount. Unless you want to have to keep track of ten people's stats every turn, you probally want to stick with six players. Besides, no offence but you don't exactely stick with your RTD's and Forum Games for long.
Call me insane then. All 3 of my RTDs have 8-10 players ;D I think
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 17, 2011, 09:40:06 pm »

Just curious, Adwarf, could I get a spot reserved for the Oblivion RTD? It's one of my favourite games, and I feel that I must be in atleast 6-7 RTDs along with running my current 3. I'm insane, in a different way than most...
Sure if I get enough intrest then I will run it (I am thinking eight players for the oblivion RTD maybe ten)
Eight is alot of people for an RTD, and ten is an insane amount. Unless you want to have to keep track of ten people's stats every turn, you probally want to stick with six players. Besides, no offence but you don't exactely stick with your RTD's and Forum Games for long.
Ugh I couldn't imagine running 8-10 players, to hectic to manage for me personally.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 17, 2011, 09:42:06 pm »

Ugh I couldn't imagine running 8-10 players, to hectic to manage for me personally.
To be fair, I don't have many stats for any of them, so I don't have to keep track of that much. (I love focusing on story, and I'm too lazy to think of a decent system.)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 17, 2011, 09:43:14 pm »

If it is a simple system than I understand it, but if its like my Oblivion one, or your Fallout one BD then six is the best amount you could have.
Also I just checked and my oblivion ruleset is 23.4 KB file thats the largest RTD file I have on my computer, and I have eight of them so far, and out of those two are WIP (Dead Space, and Gears of War RTDs)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 17, 2011, 09:44:32 pm »

Im the opposite, I make up a complex system sometimes and totally forget about the story.

Also I had an idea, since I update alot and get bored when im not able to update and I have nothing to do. What if someone ran an RTD on IRC or something like that?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 17, 2011, 10:28:04 pm »

I am not really sure how that would work out. Does anyone have any RTD ideas that I could work on (I like projects to work on while waiting for the players of my RTDs to post their turns.)

EDIT: I was going to do a Resident Evil RTD, but I can't write horror, so that went straight down the drain.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 11:00:58 pm by adwarf »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 17, 2011, 11:06:33 pm »

Also I'm going to say don't do that because if anyone's going to run RE it's going to be the guy who played the game until the disc literally couldn't be read by his PS1 anymore, ie me. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 17, 2011, 11:08:45 pm »

Also I'm going to say don't do that because if anyone's going to run RE it's going to be the guy who played the game until the disc literally couldn't be read by his PS1 anymore, ie me. :P
I wasn't planning on running it just making a ruleset for it.

EDIT: Well I have a couple of ideas for an RTD which should I work on next?

1.) WW2 RTD
2.) Infamous RTD (With new, and varying Powers of course)
3.) Halo RTD
4.) Medival RTD
5.) Vampires, Werewolf Fantasy RTD
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 12:12:00 am by adwarf »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 18, 2011, 12:44:30 am »

Sorry about the double post (my eighth one probably in three days) but I just got an idea while diggin through my old games how about a Disgaea RTD ?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 18, 2011, 01:21:10 am »

1.) WW2 RTD
3.) Halo RTD
4.) Medival RTD

1.) Not another one...
2.) Sure, why not.
3.) Sure, why not.
4.) Boring, generic. Also, it's "medieval".
5.) Overrated.

I'm probably going to start the urban fantasy RTD I talked about earlier. Just need some more ideas. Some ideas I already have:
 Classes are based on casting style: atheist magic-is-natural symbolists/numerologists, pagan shamanic/druid magic, dark demon/Cthulhu-or-something worshipers, classical religions... (I probably should read up on religious/magical rituals for some of these) They would have distinct casting styles and spells. Symbolists draw arcane symbols which take some time, but have really versatile spells, shamans have to prepare the entire territory for spell casting, but can cast spells in their territory without any rituals or chanting, western religions chant, eastern... I should read up on that, dark arts require sacrifices in form of blood and for stronger magic, corpses, but have the strongest spells.
 There should be a lot of faction politics. The factions I thought up now are the government (obvious choice), the faction peacekeeping force, the neutral faction that deals in information, and the evil faction, power-hungry and warlike variety with some "magicians are better, normal humans are disposable resources" thrown in. The world should be somewhat gray and black, so I need a few more "good" factions that are still somewhat unlikeable. Of course, you can be unaligned.
 Also there would be arcane zones, which can only be entered by magicians and are inhabited by various monsters and have crazy stuff happening all the time. They are space anomalies since a normal person can see, say, a warehouse, while a magician can find an entire different world inside it. Arcane zones would time from time go unstable, releasing some dark forces into the outside world. The government is aware of the existence of magic and arcane zones, but doesn't understand them and keep it secret from the civilians. Magic is banned and considered a danger to humanity, so magic users are hunted.
 Also, as mentioned, the main idea is "magic is for information/mobility/support, guns are for combat". Fireballs can be used to set a house or forest on fire, lightning can kill someone in water, but most of the time, firing a gun is much more efficient and effective. Magic should be used to track someone, to become invisible, to teleport, to heal between fights...

Edit:
Sorry about the double post (my eighth one probably in three days) but I just got an idea while diggin through my old games how about a Disgaea RTD ?

6.)Sure, why not.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 18, 2011, 01:24:08 am »

Tomas, if you make a necromancer class reserve me a spot :D
Welcome to Reality.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 18, 2011, 01:27:32 am »

Tomas, if you make a necromancer class reserve me a spot :D
Spells are pretty much anything you want, as long as it fits with the theme of your casting style and isn't overpowered. So a dark arts practitioner or some kinds of pagan magicians could raise the dead, but a priest or monk, not so much.  :P
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 18, 2011, 01:28:15 am »

1.) WW2 RTD
3.) Halo RTD
4.) Medival RTD
1) No, no thanks. Not only would it be controversial to portray one side as weaker than the other or as assholes, but it's just not really the kind of thing I'd be interested in.
2) Never played it before, wouldn't know.
3) Why not. Halo's pretty much the only thing I know a lot about...
4) Meh...
5) Meh...
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 18, 2011, 01:32:42 am »

1.) WW2 RTD
3.) Halo RTD
4.) Medival RTD
1. No, to many of those.
2. Sounds interesting.
3. Halo is more of a shooter game and doesn't have a really good story.
4. Meh, overdone.
5. Also overdone.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 18, 2011, 01:39:22 am »

Ok then I will begin doing the rulesets for Infamous, and Halo RTDs (Almost finished with the Disgaea RTD Ruleset)
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 661