Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 698306 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #810 on: June 18, 2011, 01:41:35 am »

Ok then I will begin doing the rulesets for Infamous, and Halo RTDs (Almost finished with the Disgaea RTD Ruleset)
You're...you're starting...3 RTDs...
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 18, 2011, 01:42:02 am »

Ok then I will begin doing the rulesets for Infamous, and Halo RTDs (Almost finished with the Disgaea RTD Ruleset)
You're...you're starting...3 RTDs...
He said he just likes to make up systems for them when he's bored.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 18, 2011, 01:42:37 am »

Yep I currently have 9 RTDs saved on my hardrive.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 18, 2011, 01:44:24 am »

Which are you going to host?
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 18, 2011, 01:45:57 am »

The Disgaea one since the system is simple, and I own three of the games. The others people cna use if they want them just like my Oblivion System

EDIT: Here is what I got working on the backstory now then I will start it.

Disgaea RTD-

Backstory -

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Leveling (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 02:11:19 am by adwarf »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 18, 2011, 12:14:06 pm »

hey as opposed to opening a new thread, I figured I'd ask here, anyone know a easy to use map system for rtd's, something I can draw on that has a few different grid overlays?
Nom nom nom

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 18, 2011, 12:18:26 pm »

Well, I have this thing I put together. It's a rip of the map system in Metroid Fusion or Zero, don't remember which. With a little manipulation in MS paint you can make some maps. I'll leave the link here in case anyone wants it; it has a little 'demo' type map in the upper left of the image.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 18, 2011, 12:30:37 pm »

Well, I have this thing I put together. It's a rip of the map system in Metroid Fusion or Zero, don't remember which. With a little manipulation in MS paint you can make some maps. I'll leave the link here in case anyone wants it; it has a little 'demo' type map in the upper left of the image.

This might actually be pretty useful, I think I'll try doing something with that later on.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 18, 2011, 12:50:10 pm »

ASCIIDraw is also pretty good in my opinion since it allows for the making of complex maps, but thye take a while to maek.

EDIT: I am at a loss as to exactly what powers would fit in the Infamous universe besides electricity control.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 02:04:17 pm by adwarf »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 18, 2011, 02:07:38 pm »

I'm pretty sure the second game will feature a good girl who uses ice and an evil girl who uses fire. I read that in a Game Informer awhile back, anyway. So I guess other elements could work.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 18, 2011, 02:09:02 pm »

I'm pretty sure the second game will feature a good girl who uses ice and an evil girl who uses fire. I read that in a Game Informer awhile back, anyway. So I guess other elements could work.
Ice, Fire, Electricity, Metal(?), Air(?), Earth(?)

(?) = Maybe not sure.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 18, 2011, 03:33:04 pm »

Well, I think I'm going to try and make my space fighter combat game soon. Witness the following system I developed

Combat System
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stats

Possible Story

Ideally, I would like to make combat as lethal as possible. Dogfighting kills should be difficult-but death should be cheap.
Anyone have suggestions or questions? Or perhaps you need to reserve a spot? I'd be nice to know if there was some interest in this.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 18, 2011, 03:49:30 pm »

I'd be wary of using so many rolls per attack, personally. Don't have any more useful advice at the moment.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 18, 2011, 06:03:51 pm »

@Dwarmin - It seems like a cool idea and I'd be interested if you do ever run it!

In regards to the amount of rolling - Irony is correct and you should make sure you try and keep the number of dice and different modifiers down as low as possible to prevent getting burnt out when a million people ask to play and there are 200 ships flying around :P

Looking at fighter attributes It seems targeting assist and weaponry both add a modifier to the same attribute for example. I'd consider rolling them into 1 to cut down on stat tracking.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 20, 2011, 06:51:20 am »

Who here wants Falling Fire to continue?
I'd be up for a turn or two every week. How's that?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 661