Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 698279 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #930 on: June 25, 2011, 01:52:52 am »

You know, as I'm doing this, I'm starting to wonder if I should keep this heavily or lightly RTD-ish. If the latter, if I should keep this in the RTD forums or the FGaR forum. What do you guys think? Because I like the RTDs' crowd, but I don't really want to restrain myself so much.
FG:RP

RESERVE ME SO BAD
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 25, 2011, 01:53:28 am »

USA: Oh hi Iran I'll station five-million troops in Afghanista-
Iran: OH NO YOU DON'T *NUKE*
Everyone else around: WTF IRAN *Invade invade invade*
Some-other-country-around-there: USA? Would you please move away those troops?
USA: No.
Some-other-country-around-there: *Condemns actions of the USA*
USA: OH YOU BASTARD *Condemns actions of the other guy*
Russia: Oh I'm so glad we're out of the Cold War with those two maniacs going about.
China: Russia, since the USA is currently busy, we're coming to take your stuffs.
Russia: Shit.
I MUST SIG THIS - TO THE SIG THREAD!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 25, 2011, 02:09:16 am »

I MUST SIG THIS - TO THE SIG THREAD!
Oh, wow, I didn't even know that was remotely funny to anyone. I suspect it made you laugh since you're going to sig it. So I'm glad to make someone laugh.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 25, 2011, 05:46:47 pm »

Does anyone know what caused the last Mass Effect RTD to die?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 25, 2011, 05:51:13 pm »

I switched it into and RPG, and that died due to my writing/laziness.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 25, 2011, 05:53:04 pm »

I switched it into and RPG, and that died due to my writing/laziness.
Ah well since I just got Mass Effect 1, and 2 today I was thinking of making a new ruleset to it, adn was wondering if there were any problems with your system, and if I could use it as the base for mine.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 25, 2011, 05:58:06 pm »

Really wasn't any ruleset for mine to be honest.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 25, 2011, 06:00:05 pm »

Really wasn't any ruleset for mine to be honest.
Well then this might take a bit. Oh well I should be able to do it if I can stop playing Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Fallout NV

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 26, 2011, 01:40:41 am »

So, for RPG-ish games, which do you all think is better: A single team of six, or two teams of four? Presumably with the two teams being on the same side and juggling members every so often, but I'd like to hear about any other scenarios you might have in mind.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 26, 2011, 01:43:03 am »

So, for RPG-ish games, which do you all think is better: A single team of six, or two teams of four? Presumably with the two teams being on the same side and juggling members every so often, but I'd like to hear about any other scenarios you might have in mind.
The single team of six is what you see most often, and the two teasm of four I have only seen in Wraith, but it seems to work quite well in that since the teammates are pretty intertwined. I think its more up to GM preference, and that what ever you feel works best will do.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 26, 2011, 01:56:25 am »

My next RTD is going to be a zombie survival thing. But like Zomboid its the story of how you died. 4 Players will be in each "Story", by a certain amount of turns they will die. Its not just a "randomly get shot in the face" kind of death but more of a "die saving the others from an explosion" death. Alternatively, at the start I could randomly pick a player to be the "Savior" or the "Traitor". Nearing the end of the Story either the Savior will attempt to sacrifice himself for the rest, or the traitor will screw everyone over and get away.

Thoughts?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 26, 2011, 02:36:33 am »

My next RTD is going to be a zombie survival thing. But like Zomboid its the story of how you died. 4 Players will be in each "Story", by a certain amount of turns they will die. Its not just a "randomly get shot in the face" kind of death but more of a "die saving the others from an explosion" death. Alternatively, at the start I could randomly pick a player to be the "Savior" or the "Traitor". Nearing the end of the Story either the Savior will attempt to sacrifice himself for the rest, or the traitor will screw everyone over and get away.

Thoughts?

Three thumbs up? Sounds like an interesting idea.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 26, 2011, 02:45:34 am »

Thoughts?

Three thumbs up? Sounds like an interesting idea.
Right now im making the rules. Currently everyone is expected to die, but depending on how the traitor/savior acts a few may survive. For example the group has managed to make it to an evac point, but the military is nowhere to be found. After accidently setting off a loud alarm inside the building a large horde is alerted to where they are. There is no escape, they cannot fight off the horde. Death will be certain. Then the Savior/Traitor will have a chance to do something special. If there is a Savior then he can say to the rest "Get out of here! I'll distract them!" he could think of a plan to find out on how to distract them. Lets say he tries to distract them with a large explosion, he looks for explosive materials and succesfully makes an unstable explosive. He then gets to the roof of the building and starts throwing explosives off the top of it. If he is getting succesful rolls then the horde should be more focused on attacking him. The other three escape without the horde noticing them. The horde slowly advances to the roof and the Savior is killed. The Savior is then dead and cannot come back, no revives nothing. But the other 3 can advance to the next story. Saviors won't occur that often though, traitors will, and there is also a chance for neither of them appearing.

Applying the above scenario, the traitor will try to play it out differently. It will also be hard playing as the Traitor since you have to make the others think that you aren't planning to betray them. So for example the group is trapped in the building with an alarm blaring, horde outside waiting to eat them. He thinks up a plan, he decides that he is going to start a fire in the building, distracting the horde and the group, and escape. He succesfully lights part of the building on fire, the survivors are trapped inside that particular part of the building. The horde of zombies focus on that part of the building. The 3 die, but the traitor slips out the backdoor. The Traitor then plays in the next story.

Does this sound good so far? Any suggestions?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 26, 2011, 03:17:29 am »

It sounds good... is it by any chance based off L4D? It reminds me of it. You should maybe add a random chance for there to be a way for all 4 to escape? It's up to you though. And I don't have time to think up other ideas, so... my apologies.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 26, 2011, 03:21:15 am »

It sounds good... is it by any chance based off L4D? It reminds me of it. You should maybe add a random chance for there to be a way for all 4 to escape? It's up to you though. And I don't have time to think up other ideas, so... my apologies.
Nope not based off of L4D, I actually got the idea from Drag's Wraith RTD. I liked the idea of having fewer people but multiple games. I got some inspiration from the Roguelike Cataclysm, and Project Zomboid. Also 4 people will not escape, most of you will die. Some may die without getting to the end, I wanted a RTD which strongly focused on the point "Your going to Die soon".

Expect me to either post it in a few minutes, or in the morning.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 661