Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 698301 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1485 on: August 20, 2011, 09:48:21 am »

Depends on what you get at the end...?

A d6 averages 3.5 and a d10 averages 5.5, meaning you reach 100 in about 29 turns with the former and 18 with the latter, if that's what you're asking. I'm really not sure.
Ya I will got with a 1d10 thanks for helping.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 20, 2011, 01:22:24 pm »

I have an idea that I haven't put much thought to yet, but I wanted to share it regardless.

Roll To Body Jump

The players are powerful psychics/similar physically confined away somewhere, but mentally able to travel vast distances - both normally and in time - and take control of people to achieve their goals. There would be a cooldown of sorts for this ability, so when they take control of a human, they'll be stuck with him/her for a while - though this might depend on rolls. Good rolls ensure the players know their bodies and new minds and have full control, while bad rolls result in rebellious, uncontained minds and no knowledge of their new self.

Now that I think of it, this could be an interesting team-based game. Teams would need to spot the psychics of the other team while trying not to attract too much attention to themselves at the same time. There could also be psychic-hunter NPC's, so the kills would need to be district. But this would require too many PM's and secret actions, which is too much work for the GM and no fun for anyone trying to follow the game.

There would be a variety of settings as the players are capable of going anywhere in time and space they wish.

Much of this could change if any of you have any ideas/I work on it more.

EDIT: There would be certain goals the players need to complete in order to proceed to the next setting. Otherwise there would be no point.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 01:27:50 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 20, 2011, 01:47:02 pm »

Interesting. I'll give it a tentative IN.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 20, 2011, 01:49:51 pm »

Humdumderpahurp.

Remember that Magicka RTD I planned but never got around to finalize due to a bad headache? I don't think I'll have time for it, but I guess I can try and redo all the stuff for it in case somebody else wants to give a try.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: August 20, 2011, 02:18:05 pm »

I've made my mind up on the setting now. The date is thousands of years in the future, where Mankind has discovered that there are endless alternative dimensions that can be accessed with relative ease, differing from their reality and timeline by varying amounts. Travel to these dimensions is easy at any point in their timeline, but, unfortunately, while the physical bodies of people survive the trip without harm, their minds do not.

However, another invention allows people to project their minds through to the other dimensions and take over existing beings, which protect the mind inside their bodies. This kind of 'body-surfing' has become immensively popular, allowing those with enough money to pay for the trip to do anything they wish and could not do in their world. The ethics of this are questionable, but hey, they're not real people, right?

While officially illegal, body-jumping dens are easy to find for those who know where to look. Recently, a certain corporation has offered to host a contest broadcasted live to all around inhabited space outside government space, the reward more money that the average citizen is unlikely to ever need...

---

So the players aren't psychics anymore, but the main idea is the same. The players will try to complete the three goals assigned to them by the Overseers, gaining one point per completed objective. If someone completes all three before the end of the 'episode', he's sent to the next world ahead of anyone else. There is a time limit otherwise. The Overseers can transport over physical items, such as weapons or vehicles, or punish the contestants, according to audience vote.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 20, 2011, 02:28:09 pm »

So we're gonna be playing an illegal mass televised interdimensional game show dedicated to making alternate realities a living hell for the natives solely for their amusement and our wallets?

Sounds fun.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 20, 2011, 02:39:08 pm »

So we're gonna be playing an illegal mass televised interdimensional game show dedicated to making alternate realities a living hell for the natives solely for their amusement and our wallets?

Sounds fun.

And there's a serious chance of death if the body you're in gets killed and you fail to get out in time! Isn't it a wonderful game?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: August 20, 2011, 02:41:38 pm »

Sounds fun.

And there's a serious chance of death if the body you're in gets killed and you fail to get out in time! Isn't it a wonderful game?
I want IN

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: August 20, 2011, 02:47:11 pm »

Yes, I guessed you might. You've pretty much joined every RTD advertised in this thread.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: August 20, 2011, 02:55:18 pm »

Yes, I guessed you might. You've pretty much joined every RTD advertised in this thread.
Hey I like the ideas for them.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 20, 2011, 03:17:52 pm »

I'd like to be IN, as well. A lot of the RtD's I've been in have just kind of died out :(
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 20, 2011, 03:21:04 pm »

I've been sketching the LCS RtD a bit, I might post it tomorrow...
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: August 20, 2011, 03:43:37 pm »

Kay12 I am already interested.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: August 20, 2011, 03:45:58 pm »

Made the thread, so go and make your characters.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: August 21, 2011, 02:32:36 am »

Kay12 I am already interested.

You've got a seat in the first class prepared. Want a PM when the game is up?
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 661