Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 698298 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #3015 on: December 31, 2011, 06:55:51 am »

Arkham City-inspired idea;

The players are supervillains and superheroes (or maybe just supervillains or morally ambigious characters) with their own gangs of henchmen, supporters, connections, etc. etc. who fight over control of a city/specific game area. Other than eachother, they have to deal with unaffliated supers, vigilantes, the cops and failure-prone minions.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: December 31, 2011, 07:02:27 am »

Sounds good. I think it'd be better to make it as dramatic/thematic as possible, though. Giving bonuses for describing your actions well or monologuing as you fight, for instance.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: December 31, 2011, 07:04:24 am »

Sounds good. I think it'd be better to make it as dramatic/thematic as possible, though. Giving bonuses for describing your actions well or monologuing as you fight, for instance.
This.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3018 on: December 31, 2011, 09:00:04 pm »

You can never have too much monologuing.

#Bay12RTD
#bay12RTD
#bay12rtd

Can anyone confirm which one of these is the actual IRC channel? This may be the reason it doesn't see too much activity.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: December 31, 2011, 09:16:39 pm »

The top one.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: December 31, 2011, 10:58:34 pm »

ARGH! What happened here? Why is the RTD forums so...Dead?

Curses! I feel...sad...
My reasons: I went to grandma's along with parents (3 hour drive, along with sleep over, didn't bring computer). And Drag and Tal didn't post.

Perhaps the RTD forums need new GM's? It does seem like it's pretty much the same few people running games nowadays.
Yeah, we really need more GMs.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: December 31, 2011, 11:15:59 pm »

H..Hey...I'm a new GM...

Don't forget about me!...

But, in all seriousness, I agree. Poor oldbies getting run down by having half a dozen different RTD's to run >_>

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3022 on: December 31, 2011, 11:18:07 pm »

ARGH! What happened here? Why is the RTD forums so...Dead?

Curses! I feel...sad...
My reasons: I went to grandma's along with parents (3 hour drive, along with sleep over, didn't bring computer). And Drag and Tal didn't post.

Perhaps the RTD forums need new GM's? It does seem like it's pretty much the same few people running games nowadays.
Yeah, we really need more GMs.

I'm new too! :-0

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: December 31, 2011, 11:35:43 pm »

I've been busy and tired lately, I sorta stalled 30% of the way through an update! :-\ Once I feel a bit more alive I'll finish it off.
Also, I need to post in a whole bunch of RtDs and forum games, I'll get on that soon...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: December 31, 2011, 11:36:40 pm »

I just can't get any enthusiasm, or motivation when I try to update any of my RTDs ..

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: December 31, 2011, 11:43:16 pm »

Same...
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: December 31, 2011, 11:45:33 pm »

I'm sure we can all agree it's a lot more fun to think up of a new RTD than actually running it :P
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: December 31, 2011, 11:48:41 pm »

Hm. Sense of duty helps for me, especially when turns are fairly easy to run and thus I have no excuse.

Beyond that, refreshing your memory of something that makes the game awesome, or choosing your games around something you always think is awesome, might help. For instance, if the game's based on a video game or book, playing or reading some of it might remind you why it's awesome. If there's one video game or book or something that you always consider extremely relevant and awesome, that might be a safer choice for your next game.

If it's not explicitly based on anything, this still applies, just a bit differently. Any number of scifi works might be able to remind you why your scifi game is awesome, for instance.

I'm sure we can all agree it's a lot more fun to think up of a new RTD than actually running it :P
Also, this. :<
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: December 31, 2011, 11:49:44 pm »

More feedback on my first RTD would help with encouragement for another.  :wink nudge:
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: December 31, 2011, 11:50:09 pm »

Dragons are awesome. I try to update. I type three words before quitting.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 661