Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Tacticus : Young Beards edition!  (Read 3020 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Tacticus : Young Beards edition!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 08:43:11 pm »

Code: [Select]
__▲▲▲▲▲~~~∂∂____________
__▲▲▲▲▲∆~~∂∂___
__▲▲▲▲▲▲~~∂∂___
__▲▲▲▲▲•~~~∂♠___
__↔↔↔↔I~~~♠♠___
__MU↔↔↔↔↔↔♠♠___
__▬▬▬▬0▬▬▬↔___
__▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬↔___
__▬▬▬▬\W/▬▬↔___

My Fire Imp swims towards the human + mule.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 08:46:02 pm »

Wait, who were you yelling at? Me with the tags, or the others with no formatting?

Actually, the original ruling was deal with an old game waaaaay back when 12 first came out, with the much maligned "add rules to set 12" error which made those rules carry over to *all* subsequent rules. For awhile we were using the same rule loophole to cancel out the annoying rule changes, but then they closed it in 13 without looking at the 7 set universal protection rule which lent protection from everything (except certain methods, like the aforementioned 12 slham), making a fair number of those rule perfect canon level. However, because they aren't technically in a set, we gave them colloquial names based off of the circumstances surrounding their creating (as per the Renaming push back when there was a big argument between sets 18, 19, and Theta).

Now, in this case, we'll note that when I was posting this post (discounting the inevitable ninjaing), no changes had been made to the board since my last bcp (board-changing post), which means that I get a -15 global renown penalty (it's not -25 because of the two non-bcp posts before this one (and once again, dis-including ninja posts). Additionally, I take another 5 GR penalty because of the way that the formatting was messed up (instead of 10, which it would be if I wasn't fixing it right now).

Because I've got negative GR points, but no active tile, I have to place a dr:fc (direct representation: forum character) due to the rule regarding phantom debtors. Note that if I wanted, I could place a dr:rls (real life self) in accordance with my public status (after the calamity-split/ban ruling), which was confirmed by exec vote several games ago (using exec voting rules 1c and 6)

__▲▲▲▲▲~~~∂∂____________
__▲▲▲▲▲∆~~∂∂__
__▲▲▲▲▲▲~~∂∂__
__▲▲▲▲▲•~~~∂♠_
__↔↔↔↔I~~~♠♠__
__MU↔↔↔↔↔↔♠♠__
__▬▬▬▬0▬▬▬↔___
__▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬↔___
__▬▬▬▬\W/▬▬↔__

Strife has the plannar (messing with reality expansion) tag, so he auto-passes his void check. I'll take cursed:skilldrain:knitting on Strife to burn 3.5 of my GR deficit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[/quote]

Gah. -2 more GRP for the tag, but at least I caught it first, before someone else could claim the five GN points for it.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 08:56:27 pm »

We have renown now? How would a fire imp get some?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 10:50:50 pm »

It might, it'd depend on what (if any) special abilities/tags the imp has. If you'll consult the table that forms the bulk of the "creature tag enhancement" (any edition of cte is acceptable, as they're non-version specific supplements), you can see most of the examples (there's a few others found in various places, notable the extra-plannar creature guides) of possible tags that would generate GR. For a creature that's already in play, it'd have to be one of the hidden tags. For the GR effect to trigger, something would have to happen to the creature to flip the tag into the public position.

For example, if we assume that the human and male have the loyal trader tag (item 14 on the cte table), it'd generate 1-15 GR for it's owner (see the note on the table, the amount increases if the taggee picks up items of value) when the tag becomes public. In general, tags become public when they would change the taggee's behavior. In our example, the construction of a Trade Depot (made easier because I've my earlier actions) or something that would normally separate the creatures would make the human/mule act differently than it would if it didn't possess the loyal trader tag. At that point, the GR would activate.

I'm happy to answer any other questions that people have. I'll even look stuff up for people who don't have a decent set of tacticus books.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2011, 11:22:57 pm »

OK, one thing that bugged me in the last Tacticus game I was in, are there actual rulebooks, or is this all just a study in who can BS more eloquently? I tried that and people went with it, so...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 11:24:35 pm »

Alright, the "tears of players" effect is activated. Rain showers everywhere.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 11:29:49 pm »

OK, one thing that bugged me in the last Tacticus game I was in, are there actual rulebooks, or is this all just a study in who can BS more eloquently? I tried that and people went with it, so...
I'm pretty sure there aren't any.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 11:47:13 pm »

Yes, there are real books, sadly the last time someone tried to collect them all the earth was sucked into the resulting black hole and we all died.

We were forced to do a hard restart of reality and, to make sure it did not happen again, we uploaded a link to a virtual storage area where all the rules are kept to everyone’s mind. Now it instantly downloads the needed rule whenever you send a unconscious mental query to the data base, it seems like you are making stuff up, but in reality the rules are just popping into your mind.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 11:49:43 pm »

My Reacher Demon, powers detailed in the Forces of the Beyond expansion, chapter 66c, subsection 26, enters from the southwest, provoking a roll against dimensional distortion, which is covered in the Planar handbook. Planar creatures are exempt from this, as well as the demon itself, due to its <Dimensional Anchor> Attribute.
__▲▲▲▲▲~~~∂∂____________
__▲▲▲▲▲∆~~∂∂__ 
__▲▲▲▲▲▲~~∂∂__
__▲▲▲▲▲•~~~∂♠_
__↔↔↔↔I~~~♠♠__
__MU↔↔↔↔↔↔♠♠__
__▬▬▬▬0▬▬▬↔___
~_▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬↔___
~_▬▬▬▬\W/▬▬↔__
&~~___________
~_____________
~_____________

Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 12:27:51 am »

My Demolitions Dwarf causes a gigantic explosion from inside the mountain! Dust, rocks and boulders fly everywhere! debris create Rocky land to the north, the volcano is plugged by a gigantic boulder, and the much of the forest fire is suffocated by dirt. The Kobald's hole has been filled!

Demolitions dwarf is knocked unconscious by the blast and the fact he was exposed to sunlight! Demolitions dwarf loses one turn!
__▲▲▲▲+++++++_____________
__▲▲▲+D++++!__ 
__▲▲▲▲+++++!__
__▲▲▲▲▲++~~!∂_
__↔↔↔↔I~~~♠♠__
__MU↔↔↔↔↔↔♠♠__
__▬▬▬▬0▬▬▬↔___
%_▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬↔___
%_▬▬▬▬\W/▬▬↔__
&%%___________
%_____________
%_____________

(am I a doing this right?)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:52:01 am by Heliman »

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 05:09:00 am »

My mule makes a void check (at +1 because of the Sterile Hybrid advantage), rolling 13. Success!

My human unpacks the mule, deploying a Portable Ballista [Ctrl + 1d6] and equpping a Sword [3d4].

__▲▲▲+D++++!__ 
__▲▲▲▲+++++!__
__▲▲▲▲▲++~~!∂_
__↔}↔↔I~~~♠♠__
__MÛ↔↔↔↔↔↔♠♠__
______0___↔___
%_________↔___
%_____\W/__↔__
&%%___________
%_____________
%_____________

All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2011, 05:20:28 am »

My skeleton whale gets pulled into the void, along with the boat because of the -The void sucks shit up- rule, The kobold quickly removes himself from the boat, taking a sack with some tools in it, along with a crossbow in hand, he makes his to to the unburnt portion of the forest, digging a moat to stop the lava.

__▲▲▲+D++++!__ 
__▲▲▲▲+++++!__
__▲▲▲▲▲++~~!∂_
__↔↔↔↔I~~~♠♠////__
__MU↔↔↔↔↔↔♠/K__
__▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬////_
%_▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬↔___
%_▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬↔__
&%%___________
%_____________
%_____________

Legend
NHP (Non human pact. Copy and paste if you are going to destroy all human-like creatures in spore.)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2011, 06:45:00 am »

My pair of Elves walk out of the forest to the north-east.
__▲▲▲+D++++!__ 
__▲▲▲▲+++++!__
__▲▲▲▲▲++~~!∂_
__↔↔↔↔I~~~♠♠////__
__MU↔↔↔↔↔↔♠/K__
__▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬////_
%_▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬↔___
%_▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬↔__
&%%___________
%_____________
%_____________
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 08:22:00 am »

The ditch slowely gets filled with Magma and water from the sea. A wall forms!
My Kobold begins digging another hole!

__▲▲▲+D++++!__ 
__▲▲▲▲+++++!__
__▲▲▲▲▲++~~!!_--
__↔↔↔↔I~~~♠♠▀▀▀▀----
__MU↔↔↔↔↔↔♠▀K•----
__▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▀▀▀▀_
%_▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬↔___
%_▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬↔__
&%%___________
%_____________
%_____________
NHP (Non human pact. Copy and paste if you are going to destroy all human-like creatures in spore.)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2011, 09:08:03 am »

My knight pulls his necromancer from the void because of a failed Anchor roll stated in the Hordes of the Undead Rulebook Ch. 15 Subsection 6
and then stated in chapter 20 subsection 8 you roll 1d20 to decide if it pulls nay minions with it thru the void [20] it pulls 2 skeletal knights through the void with him, and since the undead don't have the ability to roll for a Elven Friendship they are automatically hostile to them.

__▲▲▲+D++++!__ 
__▲▲▲▲+++++!__
__▲▲▲▲▲++~~!!_--
__↔↔↔↔I~~~♠♠▀▀▀▀----
__MU↔↔↔↔↔↔♠▀K•----
__▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▀▀▀▀_
%_▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬↔___
%_▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬↔__
&%%___________
%_____________
%_____________