Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2  (Read 819112 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r3.1 | 0.44.02-alpha1 (dev)
« Reply #540 on: December 15, 2017, 05:51:45 pm »

didn't know ghosts and probably undead can be assign to squads via dfhack.
and didn't realize you can then send them on raids which might end up causing them to poof from the squad list.
so one could tell a bunch of ghosts to raid someone elses site and they probably leave you alone... forever or until the mission completes itself
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 16, 2017, 08:58:50 am »

I've noticed when I poof a mummy out of a tomb it doesn't disappear, it just ends up elsewhere on the world map, so I'm pretty sure you're on your way to starting a random ghostpocalypse or something.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 16, 2017, 10:32:15 pm »

so it possible to cast interactions on a ghost, and transform a ghost which heals all their missing limbs back.
so I wonder if I could just make a bunch of archery items then make a ghost archer squad.
"body swapping and YOU!"

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 17, 2017, 08:44:16 am »

So how exactly does one assign a ghost to a sqaud? Do they show up, or do you have to do something special?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 17, 2017, 03:25:27 pm »

So how exactly does one assign a ghost to a sqaud? Do they show up, or do you have to do something special?
how I did it was finding the military menu's squad position section then filling out one of the ten options with a historical id of the dead unit that turn into a ghost.
automating this probably going to take a while given I need to find where does gm-editor scr on the military screen would send you, so one could do a proper insert.
the ghost seems to fly about and blink out of existence often when following them.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Acolyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 18, 2017, 06:31:21 am »

Is there a script that'll tell me how many "sutures worth" in a partially used thread? I just had to do some quick n dirty setting up of a temporary hospital (Damn Giant Keas!) and after the suturing my dwarves helpfully put the thread back in with all the other thread.

Anyway, looking for a way to separate them out to put the partials into my proper hospital.

Thanks!
   - Shane

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 18, 2017, 09:45:55 am »

I got two little questions about DFHack, regarding a succession world that seems to have been going for about 50 years cumulative so far since the 0.43.05. The save works for the new version.

1) Is it possible to use DFhack in the ability to build new buildings for existing civilisations, so we can for example build pedestals and display cases?

2) Is it possible to use DFhack to change the mineral composition of an existing world in the new version?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 18, 2017, 11:11:16 am »

I got two little questions about DFHack, regarding a succession world that seems to have been going for about 50 years cumulative so far since the 0.43.05. The save works for the new version.

1) Is it possible to use DFhack in the ability to build new buildings for existing civilisations, so we can for example build pedestals and display cases?

2) Is it possible to use DFhack to change the mineral composition of an existing world in the new version?
1. I believe someone has hacked in step ladders into a succession fortress and thought about doing a similar operation for pedestals (etc.), but I would guess that kind of surgery requires raw hacking, and so would better be asked about in the mod forum (where there's a greater chance of getting answers from people who know about such things).
2. If you take about hacking an existing fortress, the answer is most probably yes (there was a similar question recently), but you'd probably have to create the script for what you want yourself (or change one tile at a time using scripts that probably exist).
If you talk about changing the world pre embark (or in between embarks) the answer is yes: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164658.0.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 18, 2017, 12:55:49 pm »

I am wondering if anyone has done any research on the flags in action.data.attack.flags? I know there are some already marked (e.g. precise, charge, etc...), but there are other flags in there that sometimes get set as true. The real reason I am wondering is because I am trying to create a script that allows a unit to attack another unit from multiple tiles away. My current attack script creates an attack action with everything needed for a proper attack, but it will obviously miss if the target is more than a tile away. Now I have been working on a work-around that involves replicating wounds and such, but it's rather buggy and would prefer something more concrete.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 18, 2017, 02:12:32 pm »

1. I believe someone has hacked in step ladders into a succession fortress and thought about doing a similar operation for pedestals (etc.), but I would guess that kind of surgery requires raw hacking, and so would better be asked about in the mod forum (where there's a greater chance of getting answers from people who know about such things).
2. If you take about hacking an existing fortress, the answer is most probably yes (there was a similar question recently), but you'd probably have to create the script for what you want yourself (or change one tile at a time using scripts that probably exist).
If you talk about changing the world pre embark (or in between embarks) the answer is yes: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164658.0.

Thank you, with regards to 2. will look into changing the pre-embark or between embark world (which we currently have).

With regards to 1. I believe the fortress was standard, so I can just replace the "old raws" with the "new raws". However, the entity file is used for worldgen and that means the items available get stored in the game format, and not entities. That means I will have to hack in display cases and pedestals.

Edit: It would require me to edit the entities existing in the game so they have more items available to them, and have more animals available to them too. At least. Not sure if a script exists for that yet.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:01:32 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Montieth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 21, 2017, 03:14:56 am »

Been playing for nearly a week off and on (gotta burn the last of the vacation days).

Found an issue I think.

when trying to select uniforms for specific members of the squad, something in DFHack is taking the right most list of uniforms away. If you just work with the Squad leader, it lets you scroll down. But scroll down to the next member in the squad and the right most uniform selector goes away. More over, when you try to specifically assign a special weapon or armor component to a squad member, even the leader, the Special Selection screen does not appear.

MacOS 10.11.6
LazyMacPAck v.044.02- Alpha A.64 with dfhack-0.44.02-alpha1-OSX-64-gcc-4.8.5
*“Under the Mountain dark and tall The King has come unto his hall! His foe is dead, the Worm of Dread, And ever so his foes shall fall.
*The sword is sharp, the spear is long, The arrow swift, the Gate is strong; The heart is bold that looks on gold; The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.
*The dwarves of yore made mighty spells, While hammers fells like ringing bells In places deep, where dark things sleep, In hollow halls beneath the fells.
-from The Hobbit (Dwarves Battle Song)”

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 21, 2017, 10:03:07 am »

That's probably another case of https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/1199, which should be fixed in the next release, but thanks for the report! Make sure to double-check that it is fixed once that comes out.

Just curious, are you seeing the search option when this is happening?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Montieth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 21, 2017, 03:23:11 pm »

When the right most weapon selection menu is visible the Q: Search addition is present. But when you step down the middle menu to the next Dwarf Soldier, both the right menu and the Q:Search menu disappear.

When using the Uniform Selection Menu at right (3rd column) there is no Q:Search option.
*“Under the Mountain dark and tall The King has come unto his hall! His foe is dead, the Worm of Dread, And ever so his foes shall fall.
*The sword is sharp, the spear is long, The arrow swift, the Gate is strong; The heart is bold that looks on gold; The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.
*The dwarves of yore made mighty spells, While hammers fells like ringing bells In places deep, where dark things sleep, In hollow halls beneath the fells.
-from The Hobbit (Dwarves Battle Song)”

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 21, 2017, 05:05:45 pm »

Hi, I have a little question/request.

Can DFHack tell me what the names of my civilisations deities are ? or can it do that in future ?

I'm building a bunch of temples. My civ has 12 deities. I want to build a statue of each deity.

But, instead of writing it all down on paper, I'd like to be able to see my civ's deities in the DFHack window, so I can look at it while I'm specifying statue designs.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 21, 2017, 05:17:12 pm »

It's probably possible to do now, although there isn't a script that does that that I know of. What exactly do you mean by a "civilization's deities"? I'm not seeing a direct link to deities from historical entities/civs, but I'll investigate.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 243