Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 106

Author Topic: Paranormal 24 - Game over! Doppelganger Victory!  (Read 210223 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 24 - SIGNUPS! 14/16
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2015, 01:07:24 pm »

Better than being "the guy that always dies"

oh my god, you killed TDS, you bastard!

:P
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2015, 01:46:11 pm »

TheDarkStar is Kenny now? Makes sense.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2015, 02:11:34 pm »

*dies*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2015, 02:13:26 pm »

TDS, your survival rate may be low but I think I have one of the worst win-loss ratios among people currently on the board with more than 10 games.

Edit: Went back and modified the post that contains my statistics, I'm 5/16, with 4/10 as town, 1/5 as mafia, and 0/1 as third party.

Edit 2: And my survival rate is 3/16.  Yeah...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 02:45:55 pm by 4maskwolf »

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2015, 02:18:13 pm »

I shall present a medal and commendation to the first person to kill TheDarkStar.  :D

Also will watch with interest.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2015, 02:30:01 pm »

More Questions:
Does anti-tech field protect from plasma bombs?  Does it prevent combat-camo from disguising the kill?  Could a tough dop with an anti-tech field survive the attack of an exterminator with an advanced targeting system?  What does the assassin bot flavor look like?  Is the tough dop immune to a morningkill?  To a hold-out blaster used after a lynch?  To a hold-out blaster in general?  Will a guardian know the difference between a tech-hivemind and a normal attack?  Do they identify what type of attacker it was?

Does anti-tech field protect from plasma bombs? No.
Does it prevent combat-camo from disguising the kill? No.
Could a tough dop with an anti-tech field survive the attack of an exterminator with an advanced targeting system? Yes.
What does the assassin bot flavor look like? Lots and lots of bullets, usually.
Is the tough dop immune to a morningkill? No.
To a hold-out blaster used after a lynch? No.
To a hold-out blaster in general? Yes, if it is in retaliation to a Night Kill.
Will a guardian know the difference between a tech-hivemind and a normal attack? Do they identify what type of attacker it was? No, they will just know that they saved that person from an attack.

Do organ harvester abductions flip role after the player dies the next night?  Would the same be true for an exterminator disguising kills as abductions.
Yes to both, the abduction kills result in a delayed role flip.

So if the Advanced Assassin Bot kills a player, does their vote still count towards the lynch? Also, from the way it's written it looks like a Reporter isn't killed by a Veteran if they choose to watch their house instead of following them. Is that right?
Yes, their vote still counts.
No, a Reporter who targets a War Vet (either way) is killed.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 24 - SIGNUPS! 15/16
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2015, 02:42:17 pm »

Mephansteras: Thanks!  And more questions:
Can the war vet choose what his kill flavor will be, since he has multiple?
Would an observant guard report who tried a conversion or spore implantation?
Does any ability that locks down a player's abilities (for instance, psychic warden) cause a medium to be unable to speak in deadchat for the duration?
How could there be more mind shields than regular players for the enchanter ability?  Psychic characters can't have natural mind shields, and characters that can aquire tech mind shields aren't psychic.
Are tech-based mind shields and anti-tech fields shorted out by an EMP pulse bomb?
In a previous game, the xenozoologist got to choose which player to send back if they aqcuired a second player of a given kind.  Do they still have that option?
Can an exterminator end up with a natural mind shield AND a natural anti-tech field, due to their ability to choose one at the start of the game?
Can we quote pm's between players in the thread?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2015, 02:49:10 pm »

Oh, and when is tech chosen?  Can players (namely an exterminator and an exterminator operative) discuss what tech they plan to choose?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2015, 08:05:17 pm »

Can the war vet choose what his kill flavor will be, since he has multiple? Depends on the set up. Often it is a weapon that fits the setting.
Would an observant guard report who tried a conversion or spore implantation? Yes
Does any ability that locks down a player's abilities (for instance, psychic warden) cause a medium to be unable to speak in deadchat for the duration? Nothing can stop the Medium's ability
How could there be more mind shields than regular players for the enchanter ability?  Psychic characters can't have natural mind shields, and characters that can aquire tech mind shields aren't psychic. If you have two people with mind shields and the Enchanter left (or something like that), then the Enchanter loses the vote doubling
Are tech-based mind shields and anti-tech fields shorted out by an EMP pulse bomb? No
In a previous game, the xenozoologist got to choose which player to send back if they aqcuired a second player of a given kind.  Do they still have that option? Yes
Can an exterminator end up with a natural mind shield AND a natural anti-tech field, due to their ability to choose one at the start of the game? No, but they can choose to take the other as a tech item if they want to have both
Can we quote pm's between players in the thread? Yes
Oh, and when is tech chosen?  Can players (namely an exterminator and an exterminator operative) discuss what tech they plan to choose? Tech must be chosen during the first Day Phase. Yes, players may discuss what to take in their quickchats.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2015, 08:46:23 pm »

Query: Whatever my role, can I append non-game (probably) related flavor actions in my night action (even if I can't night act?)

I want to drink my tea in this hostile paranormal world. :I
Because MephansterasTM tea is nice.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2015, 08:47:48 pm »

I generally try to be accommodating with flavor requests, as long as they don't effect the game any.
Come play Mafia with us!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2015, 08:51:23 pm »

I generally try to be accommodating with flavor requests, as long as they don't effect the game any.

In the morning, you discover several empty tea cups and a partially broken water dispenser, alongside traces of bullet casing and the aforementioned plasma markings on the wall.

:P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2015, 10:50:17 pm »

Oh man I just looked at the player line up.

This is probably a terrible idea, but in.  Forewarning; my post rate will not be up to usual standards.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2015, 11:01:08 pm »

Well, I guess that's everyone then.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2015, 11:13:51 pm »

/IN for replacement/backup?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 106