Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Game Over, Town win  (Read 28723 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Day 1 wants off this rock
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2023, 11:47:50 am »

I, too, can attest that Vector probably has no power, but... I think making a team out of the remainder here is hard without Vector.  Not impossible, mind you, but difficult.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2023, 12:14:59 pm »

All right, so, two people have made almost identical claims to me. I think someone else here also knows who I mean. Does anyone want to be third?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2023, 12:32:24 pm »

Okay, back from work.

I think I don't like webadict's playstyle necessarily, but this does feel like the town version of him. The casual assertions of unfathomable knowledge, a good helping of meta reads, and sharp, mean humor.

Knightwing64 looks too confused to be scum. Though he does need to engage with the game more. I bet he has a really cool role.

Tric honestly feels a little off? Or maybe he's just engaging more with the game as he grows into a better player.

Vector hasn't been doing anything, Toonyman feels like he's doing nothing. Toonyman did argue against claims, and I don't necessarily agree with that - though the massclaim meta is a little painful at times. I think we should claim information and roles if it's useful to do so, but not for no reason. Maximum Spin is somewhere in between these two peeps.

EuchreJack... town? It's the way he's acting, and I get that that's vague as all fuck, but there's no shiftiness. I think it's in character for him to immediately claim a voting role, even if it is a LYLO breaker.

I think Jim Groovester is rolling like a rolling stone. Slow at first, but building up momentum.

That leaves not quite there, who I'm going to fold into the same category as vector and Toony and Spin.

hector is terrifying me for some reason. I don't know why. Vibe check says 'RUNNNNNN' even if he's smiling and being his usual towny self. That's a serial killer right there, I'm telling you.

I don't think I'm honestly okay with a Tric execution Day 1, even if there is something off. Executing Tric is the easy way out, a free execution for any scum that can use his 'weirdness' as an excuse to push him.

I'm scared enough of hector13. Maybe I'll reread and see if I can back up my gut.

As far as I’m aware, this is your most recent reads list, which has, what, 4 players as null? Vector, Toony, Max, NQT. You don’t say anything about Jim’s alignment either, so I’m going to say that’s a harsh read from me, and say 5, but whatevs the point is they’re there.

You’ve done exactly zero to clear up those spots, instead voting me based on a gut read which makes sense to me, you seem to have placed me in a pedestal over the years we’ve played, fine, I get it, but you also have done zero about that, too. I’ve had to prompt you to clear it’ll up what you mean and you respond with nonsense about fingertips and soliloquies, which kinda ended me giving you the benefit of the doubt ‘cause I asked for something easy to understand, and you’ve provided zero evidence for a read that could be cleared up with Pepto Bismol.

You are correct in your assertion that I have done little in the game. I don’t want to bring it up, but my excuse is I am responsible for a 9 month old child. What’s your’s?

I can post early in my morning when I am a grumpy so-and-so like in this post. I can post little and maybe often during the day when baby is awake. I can post late at night when I’m more prone to whimsy ‘cause I’m exhausted, and disinclined to do huge analysis. I missed making a funny early in the game that I noticed last night related to you and Jim, but neglected to post it because it would require trimming posts which is difficult to do when I exclusively PFP.

You seem to expect us to believe that you don’t know how to play mafia anymore, but you run games FFS and you discuss them in deadchat with the players. I like how you’ve said that confused play from KW makes him town though, implying the same from you must mean the same thing.

You want opinions? You, webadict, KW, with the proviso we’re like 36 hours into D1. I’d be happy with you or KW, because webadict is not going to get voted out on D1, probably ever.

Possibly Jim instead of webadict, but Jim PM’d me just to spite me and they was funny, I don’t think scum!Jim does that.

Webadict has said he’s coordinated investigative roles to look into me in the night. If I get cleared and can coast the rest of the game without having to prove I’m town, that suits me right down, down to Funkytown.

Tric, Toony, EJ are my top town picks, and I don’t really care about the rest other than Vector could post more, hopefully it’s nothing serious from storms or whatever.

PPE: I hope Max is going to claim kook.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2023, 12:33:14 pm »

I forgot to fake panic about me having an alignment-shielding role after saying I’d be okay being investigated!

Bugger.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2023, 12:45:03 pm »

That was easy. Hector is town or dopp leader.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2023, 12:53:36 pm »

One thing I will say is FoU has been rolefishing KW a couple of times (his first post and the reads list I quoted a few posts back) so maybe they’re not on a team together, but KW needs to post more anyway.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2023, 01:01:26 pm »

I'm going to give credit to the "Vector can't post" hypothesis and switch my vote to NQT.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2023, 01:05:07 pm »

You know, I think it could actually be Knightwing64.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2023, 01:19:50 pm »

This is the most substantive post we've had from Knightwing in the game:

I don’t know

It’s D1 you maniac

What do you want from me

I guess Hector is a little suspicious.

Will he Beetlejuice and make an appearance if we say his name enough?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2023, 01:21:26 pm »

Ok, now I am MORE sure it's NQT.
Thanks Max 👍

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2023, 01:25:12 pm »

Will he Beetlejuice and make an appearance if we say his name enough?

I'm willing to find out.

Beetl

Knightwing64
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2023, 01:26:25 pm »

You know, I think it could actually be Knightwing64.
How confident is this?

Ok, now I am MORE sure it's NQT.
Thanks Max 👍
No problem.  👍

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2023, 01:32:43 pm »

Toony, Euchre, get on the KW wagon already.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 06, 2023, 01:34:43 pm »

While I'm not against voting Knightwing, I'd rather vote NQT or Vector.  Maybe even hector for that last post, but he's putting in some effort, so I don't want to yeeeet.

Also, I've been voted out Day 1 before!  I had to Daykill ToonyMan before he posted, and it was barely worth the loss, but it happened!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2023, 01:39:42 pm »

Toony, Euchre, get on the KW wagon already.
no u

Also, I've been voted out Day 1 before!  I had to Daykill ToonyMan before he posted, and it was barely worth the loss, but it happened!
I didn't even post before dying? I remember posting on D1 though, maybe it was just my angry reaction which I do remember after dying.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41