Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 239480 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (14/⊕∵↯)
« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2015, 08:55:05 pm »

Relaaax~ Not actually gonna do it. I just wanna know the price for making single creatues.

Actually.

$$$

Are larger quantities of things sold at a discount?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2015, 08:57:50 pm »

$$$
Price check to create Lizard Men with a deep empathic connection to other Lizard Men, strengthened by blood ties.
Oh right this reminds me.

We certainly could work together, this time around. I don't know how closely tied our spheres are, but it may not matter.

I certainly plan on creating a large tree for a place to live, so that could be a home to people's shit if they want. Should provide protection and ecosystem and all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2015, 08:58:39 pm »

Just out of curiosity, why's everyone pricechecking hyper-weird, specific things before the game's even started? I get the more conceptual or foundation stuff, but a lot of these things don't seem like stuff you're especially likely to get around to ever, much less need to know right now.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2015, 09:00:36 pm »

For the record, I was price checking things I expect to be some of my first creations upon entering the game. So yeah.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2015, 09:02:18 pm »

Just out of curiosity, why's everyone pricechecking hyper-weird, specific things before the game's even started? I get the more conceptual or foundation stuff, but a lot of these things don't seem like stuff you're especially likely to get around to ever, much less need to know right now.
The first sapient species to be created in Ye Gods was made in Tick 4. Many of the things we plan to make could be created within the week.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 28, 2015, 09:06:11 pm »

$$$
Price check to create Lizard Men with a deep empathic connection to other Lizard Men, strengthened by blood ties.
Oh right this reminds me.

We certainly could work together, this time around. I don't know how closely tied our spheres are, but it may not matter.

I certainly plan on creating a large tree for a place to live, so that could be a home to people's shit if they want. Should provide protection and ecosystem and all.
Your primary sphere is Growth right?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 28, 2015, 09:07:07 pm »

$$$

Pricecheck on creating 10k humans, and to terraform a portion of a planet the general size of France (both prices separated, please)
(And I'm not actually going to make humans, I just need an approximation.)
That and also on creating a small moon about the size of Charon (Pluto's moon IRL)
And finally, I'd like to know the cost of doubling the amount of minerals on a planet assuming it already have the amount you'd expect a earth-like planet to have.

$$$ANSWER

10K human-like: 5E. Note that, unlike normal Ye Gods, it is NOT quadratic and is subject to change.
Terraforming: Depends on what you want to terraform it to. Semi-plausable terraforming is free with the planet.
Charon Moon (~750 Miles or the size of the Virgin islands in diameter): 3E at Creation (subject to same bonuses as other planetary bodies)
Doubling Earth's amount of available useful minerals: 4E~(Random addition) during creation, added to planet's cost and thus effected by the same bonuses as the host planet. For *most* intents and purposes, the amount of minerals on a planet is infinite, this would only make it easier for Mortals to use.

Rocky Planets VS Gas Giants: Functionally the same at Creation, due to the similar cause of creation. An average sized habitable Gas Giant costs the same as an Earth-like planet.

Growing Chitin Moon: 7-10E at Creation. 13-15E to give it the ability to sustain life.

Moon-sized battleship: Depends on capabilities. Simply an empty shell the shape of the moon costs the same shape of the moon.

Virus: ~2P,4E (May very depending on factors such as spreading, what it inflicts, etc)

Amoeba (mundane): Free if included in "Wildlife" at Creation. Otherwise, 1E for a large amount of mundane amoeba, free if small amount that doesn't effect anything.
Jellyfish (mundane): See Amoeba, replacing "amoeba" with jellyfish.
Fox (mundane): See Jellyfish, replacing jellyfish with fox.
Uplifting: The price it would take to make them sapient in the first place. Assuming mundane wildlife: ~3E for 10K. Does not include things like human level intelligence, may be effected by your sphere if a Wolf.
Scratch humans: 5E for 10K
Ghosts: Variable depending on what the effects of being an "Energy Being" are. Generally adds 2E to 3E
Sapient Energy Beings: Depends on what these abilities entail. Generally adds 3E to 4E.

((Warning-While you where typing 14 new replies have been posted  :'())

I'll consider this to be....permission.

You shouldn't have  :'(. This is probably a good time to remind you that this game still has the Captain Estraz rule in effect (I like that rule.), and I will probably charge more for using old ideas from the old Ye Gods. For anything more complicated than "Human", it is best to have a description of anything additional it has over "normal" creatures. I can't take a single reference and give an accurate account.

Is there a discount when propagating a race over creating a race like Ye Gods used to have? Is creature creation logarithmic or something similar? (i.e. 10k humans is 5E, 100k humans is 6E.)

No, propagating involves directly creating the souls, which is the hard part. It is possible to expand the population for cheaper then it would cost to simply create more, but you will have to be more creative then just saying "I spend E to propagate!!".  The scale is linear, 5E gets you 10K humans, 1E gets you~2k, 10E gets you 20k.

Hydras: Sentient? Sapient? Empty shells?

((Great! Now I will post! *New pricecheck* DANGIT!))

$$$ANSWERS CONTINUED

Shadow Kobolds: 7E for 10K
Lizard Men Necromancers: 6E for 10K (Need to invent necromancy first, may cost more to give them advantage.)
Night Mares: 2E for 10K
(I am a bit confused over the change from plural to singular. Ill still will assume that you are making one with more powerful abilities and an extended lifespan.)
Giant Moth: ~6E
Bear/snake: ~3E
Fire Breathing Sapient: ~4E
Fire Breathing Spiders: 7E for 10K

Normal-ish planets: Free with habitable planet. Strange growth cycles do not effect their "mundane" status. Free for small amount later, 1E for large ammount.
Plant people: 5E for 10K assuming normal human but plant. More to add or subtract from there, depending on any abilities or hindrances they have.

WTH is a "manbearpig"?

Lizard Men with Empathy: 6E for 10K

Bulk discount: No, it is a linear increase unless there is a reason it should not be.

They are trying to win their bets involving how fast I will quit doing daily updates.  :-\
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 28, 2015, 09:13:35 pm »

Alright cool.

$$$
How about growing a tree (since I figure with my domain of growth that should cost me marginally less, and be more in keeping with my theme, than just making it pop out of nowhere) to be several hundred meters thick at the base, 3000 meters tall in total, and with massive branch system that spreads for several dozen kilometers in diameter total, capable of supporting ecosystems and blah within it's branches? Being able to support it's weight &etc.

And what would allowing it to continue growing at the rate of about 1% per decade cost?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 28, 2015, 09:14:07 pm »

ManBearPig is exactly what it sounds like.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 28, 2015, 09:23:35 pm »

Hey Geek. Isn't mortal reproduction in both our best interests?

More so than other gods I mean, due to influence.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 28, 2015, 09:24:56 pm »

Moon-sized battleship: Depends on capabilities. Simply an empty shell the shape of the moon costs the same shape of the moon.
It has the capabilities that you would expect a battleship would have if it was made to be used in space: guns, life support, a factory for repairs, AI, and a hangar for smaller ships.

$$$
Price check if it had FTL
Price check if it had FTL and a WMG

Hydras: Sentient? Sapient? Empty shells?
Sapient.

I'll make a shorter list based on your new rules, though I never actually had a chance to create Daemonkind so I'm wondering if that falls under the Old Ye Gods rule. Planes/dimensions seems as ubiquitous as humans (who aren't getting hit with the OYG rule), the adamantine is a brand-new idea, and the 1-10G humans is pretty basic.

$$$
Price check on creating 1k Daemons
Price check on creating a personal dimension
Price check on creating a new plane in that dimension
Price check on creating adamantine that only works in the hands of primary believers
Price check on creating 10k humans strong enough to survive ~1-10G

Five things to price check isn't too much, is it?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 09:30:32 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2015, 09:28:07 pm »

They are trying to win their bets involving how fast I will quit doing daily updates.  :-\
Maybe you should come up with some guidelines and then force everyone to gamble on it working out? I can't imagine this will ever end.

Abstracting out a lot of the precise numbers (750 miles, 10k individuals) might help too. Arbitrary size/quantity categories ("It's a BIG planet!" "There's a FEW lizardfolk!") or just going to arbitrary tokens/units ("This planet has four tiles!" "You have two lizardfolk counters!") might help as well.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2015, 09:51:58 pm »

Eh yeah, probably. Thought Life/Death might like it quite a bit. What with Mortals, and Reproducing.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2015, 10:03:04 pm »

Eh yeah, probably. Thought Life/Death might like it quite a bit. What with Mortals, and Reproducing.

That something I'm going to go with too, since extending lifespan definitively counts as progress.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2015, 10:17:20 pm »

Ah, but we're looking at population size, not lifespan.

Maybe a little, but it feels a bit harder to make the relationship between the two than it does for Life/Death or Growth.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 166