Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 239492 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #1755 on: July 12, 2015, 10:37:41 pm »

I refer to these. I.e, firelances. Well actually I didn't, but these aren't too hard to make.

EDIT: Ok, so I don't want guns, I want gunpowder weaponry. Ooh, idea.

$$$
Very early Turkish bombard technology. Hard to move, takes forever to reload and often break down.
Flamethrowers
Glass grenades
T'u huo ch'iangs
Hwachas
Locating the Spirit of Strife and determining what it has been doing.
Battery that stores essence from Influence and Worship. Can be drained my Mavnon.
Armour of Far Futures: a set of power armour that empowers the user with increased strength/agility/reflexes. Usable only by Immortals or Gods.
Light Scimitar: A scimitar made of pure light, its presence rallies nearby mortals into a cohesive group. Usable only by Immortals or Gods.
Dark Rifle: A mosin-nagent made of pure darkness, its bullets drives its victims to fall into bestial strife, without logic or care. Usable only by Immortals or Gods.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:21:40 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: July 12, 2015, 10:40:09 pm »

Arquebus and matchlock is more 15th or 16th centuries, guys. Or hell, usually they wouldn't be 'lock' at all.

Early ones were just a burning wick that you touched to the hole with the powder.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: July 12, 2015, 10:46:01 pm »

That's what I meant by guns.

Then why would you have put that?

In any case, the fire lance was more of a flamethrower than a gun. It was one of the incendiary weapons I was referring too, actually. It didn't start really firing pellets and darts until they started refining the formula of gunpowder, and you are still looking at 100-300 years of development.

Gunpowder weaponry is a much more achievable goal~.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:47:36 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: July 12, 2015, 10:47:11 pm »

$$$
Price check on 3 Bridge-Seeds, which can have essence added to them by gods to create bridges.
By which I mean bridges between the 3 Fragments.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: July 12, 2015, 10:47:48 pm »

Well I still want a pricecheck for guns but I also want a pricecheck for gunpowder weapons.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: July 12, 2015, 10:48:38 pm »

$$$
Price check on combining the fragments into one normal planet in a non-destructive way
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: July 12, 2015, 10:50:32 pm »

What about just stuff like simple hand cannons and the like?

As well, who's to say their technological development will follow the same path it did in real life? It's entirely possible some fields would advance far ahead of others. After all, think of how many things were invented by accident. Like penicillin, as a very basic example.

EDIT:

$$$
Price check on creating a Moon Seed that naturally grows on it's own from residual magic energy and whatnot, until it reaches full size.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: July 12, 2015, 10:55:26 pm »

What about just stuff like simple hand cannons and the like?

As well, who's to say their technological development will follow the same path it did in real life? It's entirely possible some fields would advance far ahead of others. After all, think of how many things were invented by accident. Like penicillin, as a very basic example.

It already is far off what we did in real life. Real life development time is simply a handy tool to compare "tech levels", and is simply one factor in calculating inventions.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: July 12, 2015, 11:00:28 pm »

$$$
One more thing for laughs:

Price check on Ribbonurgy. Ribbonurgy is a form of magic characterized by ribbons. For every three essence a god puts into Ribbonurgy, they can choose a ribbon color and dictate its effect.

Effect?
Example: Gai-gen puts 3 essence into Ribbonurgy and selects Red, and says it boosts creativity. Mavnon puts 3 essence into Ribbonurgy and selects Navy, and says it boosts charisma.

When a mortal wants to use Ribbonurgy, they take a ribbon of the desired color for a given effect(John wants charisma, so he grabs a navy colored ribbon). If he wants 30 minutes of charisma, he then devotes one hour of devotion prayer to Mavnon. After that hour, the Navy ribbon is charged. He can now wrap it around a part of his body to gain a boost to charisma at any time he wants, for 30 minutes. (time usable=(time praying)/2). Similarly the Red ribbon boosts creativity once used(presuming it was charged first).
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: July 12, 2015, 11:01:02 pm »

True.

What areas is the world behind in, Stirk?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: July 12, 2015, 11:46:16 pm »

Edited in my responses.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: July 13, 2015, 05:41:32 am »

$$$
One more thing for laughs:

Price check on Ribbonurgy. Ribbonurgy is a form of magic characterized by ribbons. For every three essence a god puts into Ribbonurgy, they can choose a ribbon color and dictate its effect.

Effect?
Example: Gai-gen puts 3 essence into Ribbonurgy and selects Red, and says it boosts creativity. Mavnon puts 3 essence into Ribbonurgy and selects Navy, and says it boosts charisma.

When a mortal wants to use Ribbonurgy, they take a ribbon of the desired color for a given effect(John wants charisma, so he grabs a navy colored ribbon). If he wants 30 minutes of charisma, he then devotes one hour of devotion prayer to Mavnon. After that hour, the Navy ribbon is charged. He can now wrap it around a part of his body to gain a boost to charisma at any time he wants, for 30 minutes. (time usable=(time praying)/2). Similarly the Red ribbon boosts creativity once used(presuming it was charged first).
Nilva would support that~

$$$
Price check on combining the fragments into one normal planet in a non-destructive way
They are connected by a fuckload of portals. Not to mention the cost is likely absurd.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: July 13, 2015, 07:56:24 am »

Just for the record, if the Battle between the New Kingdom and the Aag is large enough, we will likely have it as a separate event from the Tick like KJP did. The battle would have to be updated several times, with more orders coming in from each side, instead of the skirmish-style fights between the CRD and the Human Revolutionaries.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: July 13, 2015, 03:00:01 pm »

I heep losing track of aliances. What is New kingdom allied with?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: July 13, 2015, 03:13:38 pm »

New kingdom is deityless.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 166