Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 240596 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #2415 on: December 09, 2015, 03:20:54 pm »

WOOTWOOTWOOTWOOT
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: December 09, 2015, 03:23:10 pm »

So. People who played Ye Gods, who is the Zenurion like god?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: December 09, 2015, 03:28:39 pm »

So. People who played Ye Gods, who is the Zenurion like god?
I think Verruckt is the closest to him sphere-wise, but Utther has a similar personality.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: December 09, 2015, 03:31:54 pm »

Okay. Anyone like Isgon? Or is he going to need to make an appearance.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: December 09, 2015, 03:34:51 pm »

To be totally honest. Isgon was.. Less then smart and not very evil. He committed suicide completely unnecessarily after completely botching an assassination attempt.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: December 09, 2015, 03:36:37 pm »

Ok. I wanna play him differently then I did before.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: December 09, 2015, 03:38:00 pm »

Well that got a quick response. After my next final, I'll discus some potential rule changes. Mostly off the top of my head and from my phone:

YgII like Traits system
Possibly faster E/P gain
Other income based changes
Godly combat changes

I will elaborate and allow for voting/discussions later.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: December 09, 2015, 03:42:35 pm »

Alright, here is my submission

Name: Isgon
Sphere: Knowledge and Spies
Description: A God who looks like a humonoid bird. He wants to know everything, and is the patron god of spies.

Does this look good?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: December 09, 2015, 06:08:56 pm »

Rule change elaboration:

Traits: The traits system was definitely a marked improvement over my old system, but it has its faults. Namely, it seems to promote redundancy and min-maxing while somewhat discouraging creating new and creative things, in addition to giving away *Secret Traits*. As such, I plan on attempting to implement a similar system to the Traits, but with large Categories, letting things get a little more vague and hopefully fixing some of the problems.

Example:

Physical Trait X1 [*1] Any trait that changes the natural physical abilities of the creature, such as Strength, Speed, Damage Resistance, or even things like hearing and eyesight.
PT X2 [*Y]
PT X3 [*@Y]
PTX-1 [*.Y]

With 1X being the Standard Race ability, 2X being significantly better and so on and so forth. If you know KJPs system, you should be able to get the general idea.

Under this template, if you had wanted to create a Champion fighter, you might give it:

Champion: PT Strength X5[*Y]*PT Damage Resistance X5 [*Y]*PT Endurance X5 [Y]

All would fall under the "Physical Trait" catagory, thus have the PT before the trait list. This lets you know the general price of something without someone else one-upping you with the same traits only increased. It should allow for both the necessary "Variety" and "Organization", if implemented correctly. Of course if we do the "Modern Setting" game, I would have to find a way to transfer all the existing races and characters to this system :/.

What do you think of it? It isn't finished yet, and won't be if the players aren't interested.

E/P gain: Generally, I have had the gains for E/P cap and E/P in general set pretty low (especially compared to KJP). This is a simple one, should I let you guys have more E/P and increase the rate at which caps increase?

Those are the two really big ones for now. Others will have to come later, since these would require the biggest changes.

Alright, here is my submission

Name: Isgon
Sphere: Knowledge and Spies
Description: A God who looks like a humonoid bird. He wants to know everything, and is the patron god of spies.

Does this look good?

Its fine.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: December 09, 2015, 06:57:57 pm »

*sigh* Alright, since KJP vanished into Ether as he has a habit of doing, and I had not planned to leave my room for a month anyway, I'll consider reviving the game somette next week.
wait what you- Thank you. Thank you so very much.

I would say the E/P is fine as it was, though.

Also, we're going to have to define the traits for the currently existing creatures, and creating new species might get more difficult...

Be careful that you don't repulse your players with math.

But I'm hyped now.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: December 10, 2015, 03:56:41 am »

It's weird, i keep coming to his forum regularly for a few months, then forgetting about it completely for the next half a year. Now I seem to have come back at exactly the right time.
Also, if I'm reading this right, the Great Tribe is like a monarchical "Roaring 20s" America with zeppelins and is the dominant superpower, Nomads are seen as a mixture between Gypsies and Plague Rats depending on what nation they're in and have biotechnology, the New Kingdom is (at least as seen from the outside) like the Ottoman empire on steroids with Viking style raids in a Warring States period and Nazi super-technology, and the Ants... I don't really have a good analogy for them.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 04:24:36 am by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: December 10, 2015, 04:38:10 am »

On the chance that this game comes back, I think its time Mavnon got a facelift, purely for my own amusement.

Name: Mavnon, Lady of Luck, Overseer of Conflict
Spheres: Pacts and Conflict
Symbol: A neon light in the form of a roulette with two 'jackpot' pockets. One has the image of a white sword and the other of a fountain.
Appearance: A brunette flapper adorned in a fur coat and headscarf or a stereotypical mafia don adorned in gold and silver. Regardless of form, a heavily rusted butterfly knife and notepad are sticking out of Mavnon's hips.
Background: When the gods entered hibernation, more than just the goddess entered slumber. The fountain from which many adventurers performed their oath had indeed been home to Lady Luck, a fraction of Mavnon's being given sapience. The hibernation resulted in a forced reuniting with the goddess, which has resulted in several changes in the god's demeanour. Some would say that the new Mavnon is not Mavnon at all, but the Lady and that she had murdered her mother. Of course, such are the words of heretics and are surely false.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 07:54:25 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: December 10, 2015, 06:44:40 am »

Good idea. I made Aurosseu's sheet too complicated with hooks that didn't take. Also, robes are so last season. Time for a little cleanup.

Spoiler: Aurosseu (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: December 10, 2015, 09:24:18 am »

I can get behind this.

Spoiler: Gai-gen (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: December 10, 2015, 11:40:43 am »

It's weird, i keep coming to his forum regularly for a few months, then forgetting about it completely for the next half a year. Now I seem to have come back at exactly the right time.
Also, if I'm reading this right, the Great Tribe is like a monarchical "Roaring 20s" America with zeppelins and is the dominant superpower, Nomads are seen as a mixture between Gypsies and Plague Rats depending on what nation they're in and have biotechnology, the New Kingdom is (at least as seen from the outside) like the Ottoman empire on steroids with Viking style raids in a Warring States period and Nazi super-technology, and the Ants... I don't really have a good analogy for them.

No historical nations were harmed in the making of this forum game.

Changes: accepted. It is worrying how many Gods have lost their sanity :p.

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 166