Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: Space Whaling RTD Adventure: Revival - Cancelled  (Read 31443 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Whaling RTD Adventure: Revival - 6/6 Players
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2016, 08:06:34 pm »

"We don't need more weapons, we Need a Sharper more barbed Ram. And ta at least to go Scrap Hunt'in or so say this Doctor."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2016, 08:23:59 pm »

"Frank, don't be silly. I said you're Frank, not Texan.

Hmmm. Designate robot speech pattern; sophisticated British.
"

"Corrections made. Sorry about that Sir."

(Was mostly referring to the fact that we basically have a whole team of gunners and just the one harpoon launcher mounted on the hull. I suppose I can't stop you from going all out with the reel rifles, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.)

"Your information has been sent to the proper authorities and registered, in case you were wondering. No paperwork to deal with. Now that you're all legally sound, I have launched a preliminary scan. 3 whales have been detected, and their information is below."

Danger rating 3: Estimated mass small to moderate. Seems like it isn't worth the trouble.
Danger rating 3: Estimated mass moderate. Some electronic and communicative distortion present.
Danger rating 2: Estimated mass small. Second unidentifiable reading present, possibly anomalous.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 08:29:53 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2016, 08:27:07 pm »

"I Suggest we go After that third one, or just float around looking for Salvage since this ship is so under prepared."
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2016, 08:33:19 pm »

I'll take a 500 point rail gun, one 400 point tranq round, and one 100 point normal round.
We must keep our distance. Once we get within the railguns range, I'll shoot it. No need to risk our lives by getting too close.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2016, 08:34:37 pm »

"I elect number two or three. Preference heavily upon the third. If anyone needs me, I shall be affixing this lovely little fellow to my back via the use of some duct tape. I'm sure this ship contains a roll."

Edward seeks out a roll of duct-tape. Upon finding the tape, he attaches Frank to his back in the most uncomfortable manner possible, in an attempt to not compromise the functionality of his Jetpack.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2016, 08:36:59 pm »

Andel was furiously scribbling on a piece of paper, trying to figure out how he'd spend his thousand creds. He'd currently had this down:
1000 CP
- 400 CP Compression Laser Turret
- 200 = 20CP*10  Explosive Ship Weapon Harpoons
- 10 CP Harpoon
- 200 = 100CP*2 Val Compression Laser
- 75 = 25CP*3 Medkit
Andel then held up the notepad up for his colleagues to see.

"Hey, what do you think of this? I decided we may as well get a second turret since so many of us seem to be gunners...

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2016, 08:40:15 pm »

Edward swipes the sheet right out of Andel's hands, and pores over it.

"Interesting... yes... lovely handwriting..."

He is holding the sheet of paper upside-down, but is pretending to understand what it reads.

"Are you sure we need this 'Teuurt'? And why does it cost 00V? Is that a new currency?"

((If my antics become too light-hearted, tell me and I'll become more serious. However, with the general concept of the game being so interesting, I don't really think you'll mind my insanity :P))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2016, 08:40:46 pm »

"I Be a Doctor, Its in me Name."
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2016, 08:42:43 pm »

Edward appears excited by the Doctor's announcement. He raises his hand like he were an excited child in a classroom who knew the answer to the teacher's question.

"Oooh! I'm a doctor, too! I have a PhD in political sciences!

Wait, wrong kind of doctor?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2016, 08:48:17 pm »

Edward seeks out a roll of duct-tape. Upon finding the tape, he attaches Frank to his back in the most uncomfortable manner possible, in an attempt to not compromise the functionality of his Jetpack.

Edwards finds a bit of loose industrial tape lying around the ship. Its not much, but it should be enough suit his purposes. (Scavenging the ship is fine within reason. Its a bit of a junker and it wouldn't be surprising to find a couple useful things lying around. Don't expect much though.) He can't quite get Frank adhered to his back on the first go, having had a little difficulty reaching behind himself with precision, but in the end Frank is rather handily attached in a way that doesn't affect the jetpack of his suit much.

"This is a rather unusual arrangement. Far be it from me to complain, but are you sure you know what you're doing?

(Insanity is basically fine, as long as you don't use it as an excuse to do anything like attacking your team mates and whatnot.)

Edit: I've finished your purchases AzyWng. Do you have a preferred part of the ship to put the turret on? Or should I just place it at my own discretion.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 08:55:19 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2016, 08:48:48 pm »

"A Doctor of Putting People back together Again, I Even have a Degree!"
He proceeds to Pull out a Badly burned Degree in Medicine from some guy named "Gorge Johnson".
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2016, 08:56:58 pm »

"Yes Frank, I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm a professional.

I have a PhD.

More importantly... do YOU know what you're doing? Do you have any kind of built-in weaponry? Eye lasers? Saw-blade arms? Cryogenic breath? Rocket farts? Something useful? Or do I have to steal one of the good doc's harpoons to give to you...?
"

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2016, 08:59:45 pm »

"Do I need To Replace your hands and Feet With harpoons While you Sleep?"
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2016, 09:01:39 pm »

Edward looks impressed... and excited.

"You can do that? Where do I sign up? How much must I pay?"

His shoulders suddenly sag as realization hits him.

"Awww... but then I couldn't carry my gun. Maybe Frank could carry it for me, however... Hmm...."

It seems the doctor's threat has been wasted on him.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2016, 09:06:46 pm »

"Yes Frank, I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm a professional.

I have a PhD.

More importantly... do YOU know what you're doing? Do you have any kind of built-in weaponry? Eye lasers? Saw-blade arms? Cryogenic breath? Rocket farts? Something useful? Or do I have to steal one of the good doc's harpoons to give to you...?
"
"Regrettably, I am currently unarmed. A harpoon would not be unwelcome, though stealing one seems unwise. This is especially true given the good doctor's bearing on the issue. Your ship has many harpoons in storage that would be perfectly suitable. A firearm would be much preferred, considering my current lack of mobility."

(It is kind of tragic that Frank isn't good enough at combat to know how bad he is at combat. Someone should improve the poor guy at some point.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25