Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 243613 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 3: Lucky Number Thirteen!
« Reply #870 on: August 27, 2014, 12:24:11 am »

Heh, that's true. But i do fear that then it would advantage them. They got a survivor they can keep around, and Panic with him render rolecopping moot. If they get 2-3 favorable lynch they got it golden. And the further we go, the easier it will be fore them, knowing what sides they are on and all.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 27, 2014, 12:30:34 am »

I'm not sure if a Varee lynch is the best shot we have right now. He's been very unengaged in scum hunting, but he's also been unfailingly honest about things, and Toaster could potentially screw us over really badly with his auto. Varee has played mafia here before- would anybody who's played with Varee before clarify if this is how he generally acts?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 27, 2014, 12:41:09 am »

Toaster: here the exact word of the power
Your unstoppable need to build things causes a random player (including you) is given a random ability that coincides with their role each Night. You may choose to target (excluding you) this as a free action.
There fore technically you can give your self what ever power except if I target someone .......
Slithuri: I will adress your question later tonight.
Jack: I have a feeling thatyour plan might not work. Certain power might not be blockable. Also consider that ability that toaster could technically give himseld any power relate to his role if my target action fail, this might need to some unweildy situation.
Ont the random control power: OMG it toally OP.pls nerf.....

Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 27, 2014, 05:08:19 am »

That night, Tiruin actioned me as well, and was de-millered, which is now confirmed by a dead townie. Thus, Tiruin is definitely not scum and very likely town.
Also, whoever targeted me, I'm sorry about that. Unless of course it's a horse. Then just keep it.
<.<
What's all this about?
Waitaminute. I knew something wasn't in my post.

TolyK.
I never targeted you. I hit Cheeetar and Flabort.
I was sure you targeted me to take away a power of mine. Because you got my Filler Ability...

TolyK: Were you claiming to be certain that Tiruin had actioned you, or was that conjecture based on her loss of her miller auto?
I was saying that since a confirmed town confirmed her loss of the Miller, and her Filler Ability was taken from me.

Not the answer I was expecting.

TolyK: Did you choose to lose a power called "Filler Ability" N1?  If not, what power did you choose to lose?
I did lose "Filler Ability".
So it was you who targeted me N1. And Tiruin. Gotcha.

So,
Toaster is a survivor that can control luck.
Tiruin is not scum, but possibly the SK (yes, this is totally possible).
I can say that Varee is almost certainly town.
I was the one that got Varee's one-shot kill.
I'll see what else I can think of...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 27, 2014, 05:15:35 am »

So we don't know how Tiruin lost her miller? Things are starting to make a lot less sense in my head.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 27, 2014, 05:49:38 am »

No, Persus claimed to have destroyed her Miller ability.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 27, 2014, 07:51:22 am »

The only catch with lynching me is if the scum have some way to bypass the lock (even if it's one shot), then they'll take the chance to off me, and you'll lose the benefits.

Varee:  Given the responses from Web, I'm not sure that I could dictate the result of that ability, especially if it's modified based on the role on the person.  Plus, I doubt that Web would let me give myself unlynchable and kill immune.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 27, 2014, 08:37:40 am »

Toaster:It ture that it is base on your role name but I am sure you can find a way to dictate it. Maybe wuba will let you make up a power name relate to the role and he can assign the power. I dont think there anything stopping me from building like Bomb shelter and faraday cage for someone ......

Silthuri:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PPe this large post are very hard to make .... It keep adding random tags everywhere ..... I dont understand why  T_T

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 27, 2014, 08:40:52 am »

I'm not sure if a Varee lynch is the best shot we have right now. He's been very unengaged in scum hunting, but he's also been unfailingly honest about things, and Toaster could potentially screw us over really badly with his auto. Varee has played mafia here before- would anybody who's played with Varee before clarify if this is how he generally acts?

In the last game I played with him, the CYOMask game, he acted very similarly. He was mostly engaged with his own powers, to the point where he gimped me for almost the entire game. (I was town, and expected that only a scum players would attack a town player at random.) It seems to me that he's not a particularly good asset for town and is fairly obsessed with having people talk about his powers. That said, he was a resurrecting townie, not scum, and cost us several days of deliberation.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 27, 2014, 08:58:23 am »

Huh I thought this might be a common thing but apparently not. It is something to do with paranoid and trust issue. When someone engage on thing about themself, they atleast know that They are holding the truth. When engaging on other people, there also issue on who to trust or what to trust. It is really hard to tell wheather peopel is honest or they are sarcastic, lying, devious or just joking around. It help to know atleast part that you  are talking about myself is true. It also bring other out of their comfort zone.

I think I might get over it sometime, hopefully soonish.The effect I am getting is more of a pressure than comfort though.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 27, 2014, 09:25:07 am »

I checked with Web and my assumption was correct; if it indeed says "based on their role" then I can't influence what it gives.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 27, 2014, 09:38:11 am »

Well but you can choose to get a power every night at the very least as I think I cnat not use the power. Even if my target action fail I think the build will happen anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 27, 2014, 01:12:49 pm »

Clarification is in; we are go for lockdown.  I sent in the request to lock down everyone, pending further plans being made.
Query--I saw Cheeetar(?) say you got this from NQT but...NQT has no Autos?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 27, 2014, 01:18:31 pm »

EBWOP: ^ I also saw 'everyone but Tiruin'.
Where did that even come from?

Tiruin, i'm voting you because i can't understand how that panic could be a town ability. Complete Lockdown is WAY too strong for a townie, especially when another of the townies had the ability to combo with it.  The only way to balance this would be scum that could ignore it, which would make the ability basically useless and an hindrance to town.

But, as a scum tool, it's strong  but counterable. Indeed, the random chance could be used to defeat it, and the combo could not be used, and after a few turn the game'd be back to normal.

It's a completely meta analysis, but i can't see your actions as Town, and so you get my vote.
So you vote me on shortsightedness and blame of 'omg so op power'?
Wow. That's...wow. >_>
It's something I could really defend. Just like me trying to explain the mod's idea with me.

*looks at orange part*
Nice note, puppet. That's a strange wording which is very different from your reason. Could you clarify more? Because its not making ANY sense. You say its something something comparison. I don't get it.

MBP for now.

So we don't know how Tiruin lost her miller? Things are starting to make a lot less sense in my head.
What's the sense you got here, buddy?
The same sense you got in D1? MMmmm?

That night, Tiruin actioned me as well, and was de-millered, which is now confirmed by a dead townie. Thus, Tiruin is definitely not scum and very likely town.
Also, whoever targeted me, I'm sorry about that. Unless of course it's a horse. Then just keep it.
<.<
What's all this about?
Waitaminute. I knew something wasn't in my post.

TolyK.
I never targeted you. I hit Cheeetar and Flabort.
I was sure you targeted me to take away a power of mine. Because you got my Filler Ability...
...Uh huh.
So I got an ability that IS JUST THE SAME AS PANICKED IN DETAIL AND EFFECT, for some reason?
Because its very much like YOU TARGETED ME given the usage of that power there, now.
So tell me TolyK, how in the world would you have a power of...yours..when said power is a detriment if you have it?
>_>

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 27, 2014, 01:24:34 pm »

No, Persus claimed to have destroyed her Miller ability.
And he did (or for you jolly skeptics out there, he destroyed my AUTO).
This was the same time (...err, I got notice in the same PM as me receiving Filler Ability anyway)
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 123