Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25

Author Topic: Wiki Wars Redux: CANCELLED  (Read 54364 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 1, Turn 18: Further Fighting
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2017, 12:50:31 pm »

If we are going the route of rules-lawyering, you had your club out instead of the nail-bat, and thus hit me with nothing. Technically.

Manipulate OceanSoul's Rules-lawyering to help me as well, and act out causing a volcanic eruption under him. While using Eruption.

I was hoping that you'd use Eruption. This is a great ending.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 1, Turn 18: Further Fighting
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2017, 04:04:53 pm »

If we are going the route of rules-lawyering, you had your club out instead of the nail-bat, and thus hit me with nothing. Technically.

By the rules of Hammerspace, it is easy enough to unequip and equip the things for it to be insinuated!

Rules lawyer him back.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 1, Turn 19: ERUPTION!
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2017, 04:28:42 pm »

Starting Area

Rules-lawyer my way out of the condition. Strike him in the head this time!
Do I get anything if I win, other than satisfaction and a simple title?
Manipulate OceanSoul's Rules-lawyering to help me as well, and act out causing a volcanic eruption under him. While using Eruption.
(Thrombolysis normally requires blood clots to work on yes. In fact, I made a hidden roll to see how effective this instance of it would be last turn because of that fact. OceanSoul rolled pretty high, so it is a rather minor case, and will wear off soon unless new injuries occur. Note that I'm not rolling for any of this lawyering, and had already decided all of this in advance. As for rewards other than the title and satisfaction... Well, just wait and see.)

Rautherdir decides he has had quite enough of this awful treatment, and uses his final trump card!

ERUPTION!

6: The ground quakes with volcanic fury, and an earthquake of immense proportions strikes the President's College. All students and staff are roused from their seats, confused and unaware of what is about to occur. All around the island, seismographs pick up unprecedented activity.

With a sudden *BANG* an immense amount of rock flies upwards outside the college as the earth cracks apart! A huge crater opens in the vicinity! Magma from the earth's mantle bursts forth, raining all over the entire area!

Survival Rolls:

OceanSoul: 7
Rautherdir: 10
Civilians: 1
Rautherdir's Car: 7

The Music Room at the college is relatively unscathed despite the magmatic explosion that occured outside. OceanSoul is only tripped up slightly by the earthen catastrophe until a couple small fragments of the wall break off and dig into his upper body! The rest of the college is buried under over a meter of lava, and most if not all of the other people in the vicinity die instantaniously! Rautherdir's car does not survive the immense heat, and begins to melt into slag! All of the dead battlers have been engulfed by the lava as well, consuming their bodies!

Now, OceanSoul takes their opportunity to retaliate!

1v9-4: OceanSoul trips over an old drum set that fell over in the chaos, smashing their face to the floor! Ouch!

Rautherdir Wound Worsening Roll: 1-2: Unfortunately, this is when Rautherdir's body finally gives up the ghost, and he collapses in a pool of blood. As he falls, his snake tries in vain to escape, but is crushed by the fall. Evidently, his mortal wound didn't react well to all that shaking. OceanSoul gets one final article before this round comes to a close. Here it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castleknock

OceanSoul feels a deed to an old ruined castle appear in their hand, and is whisked away towards it in a burst of light. He feels all the ails the competition gave him cured, and notes that he is now sitting in a somewhat opulent throne. A fitting place for the New Wiki Wars Champion!

As he contemplates his victory, a small silvery portal appears nearby. Out of it comes a tall, odd figure in a grey robe. You cannot see their face or any other features, as they are wreathed in shadow. The figure begins to speak in a monotone rhythm impossible to adequately describe.

"Congratulations on your victory, OceanSoul. At this point, you have two options."

"The first is that you can retire in this world, and be granted whatever you desire. You will live in luxury, and be given almost anything you wish within reason. You will not be held accountable for any of the damage done or lives lost in this competition."

"The second is that you continue keep fighting and defend your championship, bringing along all your rewards to a second Wiki War. Should you claim victory once more, the rewards may be even greater."

"If you choose the former option, you may still watch an alternate version of yourself enter the Wiki Wars, and live vicariously as they fight in your stead. You are under no obligation to keep fighting, but the Wiki Wars tend to draw in a particular sort of person, and I have high hopes that you are among that sort. Feel free to take your time on this decision, as the next war will not begin for some time."

"Before you make your choice, there is but one more thing to do."

A digital scoreboard appears in the room for all those inside it to see, as well as all of those watching from outside.

"Now that the first round of Wiki Wars Redux is over, it is time to dole out our prizes. These will of course be in the form of the Wiki Points which were alluded to earlier. So, let's examine the scores."

Spoiler: Scoreboard (click to show/hide)

"As you can see, Mallos and Ziizo were tied for death placing. This altered scoring somewhat. As is probably no surprise, Ziizo amassed quite the pool of points. You are probably wondering what use a dead man could have for points. Worry not. Some mortals remember more than others, but these flesh sacks are not the ones that will recieve the points. They shall go to a higher power, the ones who were pulling their strings. Ah, but I'm rambling. I don't expect you to fully grasp the situation. Suffice to say that you no longer controlled your own fate the moment you signed that waiver... Anyway, this concludes the first battle of many. If you have any questions... I might not answer them."

Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
The defeated: All except Rautherdir are consumed by magma. No bodies to loot here anymore.
Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

That roll would not normally be sufficient to create a new volcano. However, there appeared to be no nearby volcanoes for this ability to work on. As such, I was left with no choice in the matter.

This paragraph is mostly to OceanSoul. Basically, choice one is that you get added to a high scores table in the first post and can start a new character. You will keep your Wiki Points, but nothing else. Choice two is as it seems, everything carries over. Most sane people would probably not pick option 2 if in character to be honest. Essentially, here's the situation.

The person you controlled in game was someone who unknowingly volunteered to become a host to something otherwise formless, but no doubt horrifying: A Bay12 forum poster.

So, after OceanSoul makes their choice, I'll show you what you can do with all those points you just got. Signups begin the moment I post the table you can buy stuff from. You'll know what I mean. The next round should have 8 players, and not all of them have to be returners. As before, it'll be first come first served.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:47:00 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 1, Turn 19: ERUPTION!
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2017, 05:17:21 pm »

Choice 1, since I don't want to have a very unfair advantage in subsequent battles. Maybe I'll go Choice 2 if I win again.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Signups 1/8
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2017, 05:33:07 pm »

"So you'll be retiring then? Well then, I don't think the audience needs to know all the sordid details and paperwork involved. Enjoy the rest of your peaceful life."

OceanSoul feels his conciousness leave the fortunate soul he had controlled, and enter another person in another world who recently signed the appropriate paperwork.

Once more, with feeling then.

Here's what you all can do with your points. Reroll related purchases will be applied after article assignment, so don't pick them yet. Or do. I'll auto reroll the article I think you'll least want to keep. Keep in mind that by choosing to reroll after article assignment, you actually get to pick what to get rid of. Some purchases can be made even if you don't join the round in time. Troper Time MUST be chosen with your initial sign up here and now if you want to use it.

Spoiler: Purchase Table (click to show/hide)

In addition to the above, points can be gambled if you are not an active participant. Just say that you're wagering a specific amount of points on a specific player anytime during or before the first two turns and you'll be set to go. Payout will be based on the number of participants in that round.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 02:46:59 am by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2017, 05:36:16 pm »

Are we allowed to sign up? If so, In please.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2017, 05:36:45 pm »

IN!!!
Spending 4 points on Troper Time.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2017, 05:37:17 pm »

IN. I'm not missing this round.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2017, 05:37:26 pm »

I'd like to play again.

I liked how mundanely brutal most of the ending fight was.

Purchasing Reroll Article.
Actually I'll save my point.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 05:44:29 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Signups 5/8
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2017, 05:47:55 pm »

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 02:52:34 am by Person »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2017, 06:37:52 pm »

IN
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2017, 06:42:08 pm »

Troper time? What Could Possibly Go Wrong? Sign me up. Also, In. I do agree that the line was sorta quotable. Also, what would happen if a non-location article was chosen for the arena?

Also, mind a few suggestions of future "game modes"?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Signups 6/8
« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2017, 06:53:30 pm »

I'll keep those in mind, though I doubt I'll use them. I have a good thing going here. It'd be neat if someone else were to try running one of them, particularly the Labrynth one.

Spoiler: Non-Location (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 07:58:47 pm by Person »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Signups 6/8
« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2017, 07:15:35 pm »

In again if possible.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 2 Signups 7/8
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2017, 06:11:39 am »

Just about done generating articles, but need one more person to round this match out. After, I'll show everyone what they got, and there'll be one last chance to reroll. Ziizo, I'm assuming you're not getting Troper Time based on the fact that you didn't ask for it when I was very specific about when it could be bought, so I generated your articles accordingly. I think you'll like what you got though even if you wanted Tropes instead of articles.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 06:15:09 am by Person »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25