Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 180354 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Posting to watch.
Anyone on this end mind a fanfiction war between Spearbreakers and Swordthunders?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Posting to watch.
Anyone on this end mind a fanfiction war between Spearbreakers and Swordthunders?

I'd prefer the fort stand alone really.  A singular bastion of madness and depravity unlike no other.  And considering the typical fortress, that's saying something.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile

Ill start posting again soon. I promise. 8)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Even the crickets are absent...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile

Welp we lost another one. It's not like he didn't know the risks though.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A moment of science silence, for our brother in Swordthunders.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - Try the new Water Slide attraction!
« Reply #2391 on: February 08, 2013, 09:53:21 pm »

You'd have to wait until your turn anyways.

Nijiru, I think you should try it because we could really use a few people who aren't as experienced and don't know what to do in every situation, it could cause some serious fun and perhaps spice up the fort a bit.

But that's just my opinion.  It's obviously your choice.
on a related note, I have never actually played dwarf fortress.  Kindly sign me up; I KNOW that I'm not ready for this fort...but can you make it ready for me?
...hey, your orignal mission was to turn the hfs into the hsf (happy safe fort)!

And yes, this is my first forum post. I've read 80% 100% of what's been going on in this thread. You guys still need to make dras ebol(spelling?) into a planepacked-rival.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:40:54 pm by fractalman »
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know what? Sign me up for a turn.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just finished an intense (-ly fun) week. Slam poetry competition preparations/auditions, ceramic sculpture mass production(ap portfolio cutoff date is approaching fast), concerts, and calculus tests... all that jazz. Now to get down to business and prove the (absent) crickets wrong. Starting tomorrow. ;)

« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 03:20:38 am by Cellmonk »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Starting tomorrow. ;)

What is it again that they say about tempting fate?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*premptively sets up traps for the cricket demons*
Say, would it be best if I didn't play ANY dwarf fortress until my turn comes around, or should I at least play enough that I can keep a standard embark alive for a full year? (I'm fairly sure tekkit can keep me occupied untill then...)

I mean...getting some play experience would be practical...but what could possibly be more dwarfy than going into a cursed fortress with essentially no idea what all the letters mean? :D
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Say, would it be best if I didn't play ANY dwarf fortress until my turn comes around, or should I at least play enough that I can keep a standard embark alive for a full year? (I'm fairly sure tekkit can keep me occupied untill then...)

I mean...getting some play experience would be practical...but what could possibly be more dwarfy than going into a cursed fortress with essentially no idea what all the letters mean? :D

Grab a couple of the community games and experiment.  Smaller fortresses at first (this fortress is pretty big).  You don't have to be in the legitimate succession to download a save file and play with it.  There's a great tutorial based on an older version of DF floating around in the forums too, which, honestly, is a great leg-up on the game even if it's an older version.

Part of the "fun" of playing DF is the understanding of what is coming when certain things begin to happen.  If you are brand new, you won't be able to recognize inevitable doom approaching in time to panic and try to stop it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 03:35:06 pm by Farmerbob »
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hm....fair point. Guess I'll go get a bit of practice before my turn comes up.  plenty of time, of course. :D

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

Grab a couple of the community games and experiment.  Smaller fortresses at first (this fortress is pretty big).  You don't have to be in the legitimate succession to download a save file and play with it.  There's a great tutorial based on an older version of DF floating around in the forums too, which, honestly, is a great leg-up on the game even if it's an older version.

Part of the "fun" of playing DF is the understanding of what is coming when certain things begin to happen.  If you are brand new, you won't be able to recognize inevitable doom approaching in time to panic and try to stop it.
It's very fun when the doom finds you anyways.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

shoot, I didn't start updating the day after I posted "starting tomorrow". 
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 167