Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2387501 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2730 on: April 14, 2014, 04:49:26 pm »

If -shit=-1 then sqrt(-shit)=i and (sqrt(-shit))^2=-1. Therefore, shit is tranformed from real to imaginary and back to real. It all depends on the value of shit.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: April 14, 2014, 04:55:36 pm »

That's not to hold, Syv, that's to fire without potential recoil injury. But yeah, I didn't remember the explosive-tipped bit (the real version didn't have those, okay? Then again, the real version was .50 cal...).

And Paris got it right, mostly.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: April 14, 2014, 04:58:50 pm »

Except you wouldn't get the first shit. You'd die, because they are almost certainly spread out more than you people who're tightly packed in an elevator.
Sorry for pointing this out, bad damn that mental image.
Man, GWG is quite the prodigious arguer. Not sure if thats impressive or depressing.
To be fair, it takes two to tango. If people are annoyed, they should either stop enabling him, or be just as pissed at the ones who enable him.

By the way Pyro, why does your sig not quote the full thing?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 05:02:18 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: April 14, 2014, 05:19:31 pm »

Length, I think it was, probably from when I had more there. I've had it so long I can't really remember. I could include the rest, but eh. It doesn't even really match the rest of the quote, what got cut off, in my opinion.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: April 14, 2014, 05:51:48 pm »

@Nikitian's post before mine
Dangit, you're right, it's LW.  I'll edit my post.

@Number shit
Oh, I didn't realize it went back to real.  I thought there was weird impossible/higher-math-than-I-know stuff that went on with squaring a square root of a negative number.

@Miyamoto
I agree entirely with everything in your post.  Additionally, if people are annoyed with the argument, they should say so.

@Pyro 'firing, not holding'
That's what I thought, but then why does the cutting laser have a str requirement?  It's a laser, so any recoil should be entirely negligible.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: April 14, 2014, 06:04:53 pm »

The Cutting Laser is so massive it needs five str to hold. Piecewise showed a little picture of something similar, and it was almost as tall as the guy holding it.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2736 on: April 14, 2014, 06:14:34 pm »

The Cutting Laser is so massive it needs five str to hold. Piecewise showed a little picture of something similar, and it was almost as tall as the guy holding it.
Yeah. And the gauss cannon is only a bit larger than a cutting laser (I think) and yet it has a much higher strength requirement due to recoil.

Wonder why the HEP has a strength requirement higher than a cutting laser's, since it's basically a large heavy handgun that shoots shotgun blasts of energy.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: April 14, 2014, 06:30:16 pm »

I'm pretty sure the str requirement is to hold and be able to easily aim the rifle, considering that all the gauss weapons have a kickback requirement in addition to the basic str requirement.

The rocket rifle requires five str, three less than the cutting laser, so it's lighter and smaller, but still just under two-thirds the weight.  Considering the fact PW has said a cutting laser weighs nearly as much as an M2 Browning, two-thirds the weight is really damn heavy.  A PS90, which I would consider a 'heavier' PDW, weighs 6.3 pounds.  An M2?  About eighty.

I don't think the Sibilus can be considered a PDW.

EDIT:Cutting laser only needs five, the same as a sibilus.  Odd that I got it wrong here after I got it right last post.  Also, After a quick look, I found the post where Piecewise says a CL weighs around sixty pounds.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: April 14, 2014, 06:37:43 pm »

Syv, I'm the one who built the thing. I even (spoilers) pretty much gave it the stats.

And I can comfortably say that looking at the armory entry compared to descriptions given while building and using it, the armory description is the wonky one.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: April 14, 2014, 07:11:12 pm »

Yeah, I remember reading the VR sessions where you designed the Sibilus.  I don't remember any exact numbers, but I do remember imagining the Sibilus basically as a large P90.  (Also, while reading it, I was pretty much thinking the entire time that it was a genius, awesome idea).

And you're right- it's more that the stat system in ER is kinda insane at anything aside from a cursory glance.  An AoW effectively has a strength of thirty... plus whatever strength bonus the pilot had.  Literally, if Feyri got in an AoW that was two-thirds as strong as Miyamoto's, her Avatar would effectively be stronger.

Not to mention the fact that a really strong person can comfortably wield and shoot a sixty pound gun at all.  and carry four of them around in hammerspace, regardless of whether they can even wield any of them.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: April 14, 2014, 07:17:16 pm »

And yet we still die pretty damn easily.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: April 14, 2014, 07:34:32 pm »

Yes, Xan's quite surprised at how easy it is to kill/injure people.
Sometimes playing an idiot is fun.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: April 14, 2014, 07:41:23 pm »

Cue him interpreting Simus' orders to be in Celsius. Or Kelvin.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: April 14, 2014, 07:44:53 pm »

I included a clause to that effect as he kinda knows how frozen -84 Celsius would kill someone. He's not so much an idiot as has no idea about anything other than playing with corpses and making more corpses.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: April 14, 2014, 08:20:04 pm »

I was actually going to give it in Celsius. But then I considered that it would probably make more sense to all involved if I gave Fahrenheit.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 2205